Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Low Head Speed Helicopters

Low Head Speed Helicopters Low Head Speed Helicopter Setups and Flying info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2016, 06:00 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, the tail is wel set up now.

I still haven't got a Faifa canopy. Unfortunatly the original kasama Faifa canopy are difficult to find I guess.

Now it's waiting for the maiden. I think without a canopy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2016, 06:54 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you're getting close to being in the air! I don't know about the stock canopy but I can see that Fusuno have a couple designs available and I think they can do custom stuff as well.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Linders View Post
Thanks, the tail is wel set up now.

I still haven't got a Faifa canopy. Unfortunatly the original kasama Faifa canopy are difficult to find I guess.

Now it's waiting for the maiden. I think without a canopy...
We need pictures with new blades on! Are you just looking for a canopy like yellow and black one in my avatar?
Old 02-18-2016, 06:31 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you flown it yet Lars?

I have changed the motor in my Dune to test it on 6s, takeoff weight is about 3.5 kg so I think it should work well enough at 1600 ish (625mm main blades). Just waiting for the weather to warm up now, it's just still too cold over here, my thumbs freeze.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:20 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadders248 View Post
We need pictures with new blades on! Are you just looking for a canopy like yellow and black one in my avatar?
Exact like in youre avatar yes.

Trillian, I'm also waiting for warmer weather. It's not maidened jet.
I think my faifa is just over the 4 kg take off weight.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:06 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hows your LHS project going? Any photo or video?

Im planing a new LHS heli myself and also looking info Kasama 90 Faifa.

Nikki
Old 04-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki5 View Post
Hows your LHS project going? Any photo or video?

Im planing a new LHS heli myself and also looking info Kasama 90 Faifa.

Nikki
Ok, I'm a bit Kasama biased, but you'll find the Faifa very efficient for low head speed, smooth flying. I've also got a Protos Max v2 and run it as a 700 and 800 and with two belts it's no way near as efficient.

One of the nicest helis I built is a stretched Faifa 800, running 8s and around 1,400rpm. I'm planning on running it again for summer, using some 7s 5000 packs I've got for speed flying.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:14 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Protos Max2 is one of my other options aswell as logo and compass 7hv. Kasama have stretch parts? or you use other source of parts?

Nikki
Old 04-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I made the stretched Faifa parts myself, but it's great at low head speed as a 700!
Old 04-30-2016, 07:06 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok, max blade size is 710?

btw im plan to use align 700mx 520 kv motor..

Nikki
Old 05-03-2016, 04:06 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

On the Faifa you've 825mm of clearance to play with, so for low head speed I've usually used 710mm Radix and 115mm Edge tails, though I bet you could use the Rails 116mm without any issues
Old 09-01-2016, 05:29 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally maidened the Faifa yesterday!
The hobby was parked for several months, because of the birth of our little daughter.

The maiden went very well, but the tail needed a little finetuning. At 1350 rpm (idle 2) it was steady with the gain of 61%, but when I lowered the rpm to idle 1 (1170rpm) or real low rpm (1000rpm) it was not steady at all. I booked some progress by increasing the gains of these flight modes, but it's still not perfect at 1000rpm.

For now the tail still moves a little from the left to the right doing a pitch pump. I know 1000rpm is a real low headspeed, but do you guys think that I can make any more progress by finetuning something else? I've got 110 radix tails now and the gain at 1000rpm is 87%.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:15 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think my hovering headspeed is about 1000 and the tail is fine but I'm not really pushing it at that headspeed. I had Radix 105s and didn't have quite enough hold in big air moves (headspeed about 1300 ish). I switched to Rail 106's which are a bit wider chord and they hold better, but most of the time it's not a problem. 110 Radix should be better.

The Faifa has a huge pitch range available on the tail blades and I think with mine I may still be able to up the gain a bit. I don't remember now if I ever raised it to the point of a wag.

My guess would be that with 110s you should have pretty good hold if you have enough pitch range set on it and enough gain.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:01 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I finally maidened the Faifa yesterday!
The hobby was parked for several months, because of the birth of our little daughter.

The maiden went very well, but the tail needed a little finetuning. At 1350 rpm (idle 2) it was steady with the gain of 61%, but when I lowered the rpm to idle 1 (1170rpm) or real low rpm (1000rpm) it was not steady at all. I booked some progress by increasing the gains of these flight modes, but it's still not perfect at 1000rpm.

For now the tail still moves a little from the left to the right doing a pitch pump. I know 1000rpm is a real low headspeed, but do you guys think that I can make any more progress by finetuning something else? I've got 110 radix tails now and the gain at 1000rpm is 87%.
Belated congratulations on the birth of your daughter.
Koopyetz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 03:33 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you very much!

Can you explain a little more what you meen with the pitche range of the tail? Do you meen the complete traveling of the servo from left to right?

Like I said, my gain now is 87%. Do you think I can go any higher, or do you think that increasing the gain more gives a risk for a bad sloppy and slow tail??

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah the pitch range of the tail blades. It can go over 20 degrees of pitch in both directions, which is actually too much if running high headspeeds but can help when running low headspeeds.

I am not familiar with the Spirit so I don't know if 87 is considered high. But what we always used to do when setting up tail gyros is keep increasing the gain till you start to see a fast wag, then reduce the gain a bit so that there's no wag. I haven't been doing this with the Spartan vortex as I generally know now what sort of numbers work and that's where I start.

Having high tail gain should not give you a sloppy or slow tail.

Quote:
Thank you very much!

Can you explain a little more what you meen with the pitche range of the tail? Do you meen the complete traveling of the servo from left to right?

Like I said, my gain now is 87%. Do you think I can go any higher, or do you think that increasing the gain more gives a risk for a bad sloppy and slow tail??

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 02:09 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear that you successfully maidened the Faifa!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in