Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support

Old 11-18-2016, 09:44 AM   #1
rookieflyer09
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Pantera P6E Pro

Hey guys,

I'm interested in the Pantera P6E Pro.
I don't see it on the website, how do I go about ordering one?

I tried emailing John but it times out.

Thanks.

rookieflyer09 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #2
Yooper42
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Call 407-302-3361, try emailing him at....info@genesishobby.com...ive had issues going through the email link on website before. Otherwise you could PM him on here
Old 11-19-2016, 08:21 AM   #3
jbeech
Registered Users

Sorry, we've been experiencing problems with the website. There is some news we'll be releasing soon about this. Meanwhile, please contact me at the above phone number and I'll work with you that way. Finally, how did you learn of this model?
IRCHA #745
www.audacitymodels.com
407-302-3361
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #4
rookieflyer09
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeech View Post
Sorry, we've been experiencing problems with the website. There is some news we'll be releasing soon about this. Meanwhile, please contact me at the above phone number and I'll work with you that way. Finally, how did you learn of this model?
Sounds good, I read about about this model in the RC Heli Pilot magazine.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:28 AM   #5
jbeech
Registered Users

We routinely ship to Canada. Most folks want USPS instead of UPS because it's less costly and less trouble with Customs. We know what to do. You may also want to consider getting spares of what we call the usual suspects.

AUD1518 Tail boom
AUD0003-2 Main shaft
AUD1004 Tail output shaft
AUD0016-2 Spindle shaft
AUD0015-2 Flybar
AUD0033-2 Landing gear struts
AUD0030-2 Radio platform
AUD0044-2 Fin set
AUD1519 Main rotor blades (or PDR0074-602 if you prefer FRP blades)

For your convenience, we can include them in the box at the same time thus saving you both time and shipping expense later. We used to live in the Panama Canal Zone and thus, we're quite familiar with what it's like being at the end of a long-ish supply chain. Contact me directly at: info AT genesishobby DOT com - or - call the number below and we can get the ball rolling. Also, if you are interested in servos, motor, training gear, etc. we can help guide you with that at the same time.

Last thing, do you specifically want a model with a FBL setup as opposed to the flybar setup? I wonder because you mentioned the P6e Pro, which is the flybarless (FBL) version of our model. Reason is I generally try to guide new pilots toward a conventional flybar-solution instead. Why? Simply because it's easier, in my opinion, to learn to fly without the added complication of screwing around tuning and adjusting an FBL gyro while also trying to master the various elements of the hover and forward flight. Of course, we offer the model both ways and are thus, perfectly happy taking your money, regardless. However, because I have a fair bit of experience with what works (and the results new pilots experience) from going both ways, I offer these thoughts.

Finally, you're going to really love how this models flies, e.g. how smoothly it handles, how steady it is in the hover, and how very gentle it is when learning. This is the one thing you'll have to take as article of faith because my words won't suffice until you experience it but I daresay pilots on this forum will vouchsafe for me.
IRCHA #745
www.audacitymodels.com
407-302-3361
Old 12-08-2016, 09:14 AM   #6
Atomic Skull
Registered Users

What's the difference between a Pantera P6 and a P6E Pro?
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:35 AM   #7
jbeech
Registered Users

Pantera P6 is a nitro-powered model with flybar. I happen to think it's an ideal model for learning to fly (and for sport pilots). This, because pilots flying nitro-powered models typically experience much longer duration. Added to which, it can be refueled and flown much more quickly than dealing with batteries. This makes it especially good for beginners and sport pilots who like to fly a lot because they can easily get in 8 flights in a day.

P6e PRO is our flybarless electric-powered model. Still fun to fly but you'll need to setup a flybarless gyro. Some take to this like a duck to water, others struggle.

A flybar adds mechanical complication and as an engineer it leads to my suffering cognitive dissonance to encourage purchase of anything with more parts but in my experience, it's just easier for a pilot new to the sport because he can concentrate on gaining flight skills instead of struggling with gyro set up. If you're a pro, then no problem but think back to when you were a virgin and how overwhelming everything was. And if you're a sport pilot, believe it or not, the fact you deal with just a tail rotor gyro is a blessing because the flybar mechanism is so well developed it's troublefree.
IRCHA #745
www.audacitymodels.com
407-302-3361
Old 01-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #8
rookieflyer09
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeech View Post
We routinely ship to Canada. Most folks want USPS instead of UPS because it's less costly and less trouble with Customs. We know what to do. You may also want to consider getting spares of what we call the usual suspects.

AUD1518 Tail boom
AUD0003-2 Main shaft
AUD1004 Tail output shaft
AUD0016-2 Spindle shaft
AUD0015-2 Flybar
AUD0033-2 Landing gear struts
AUD0030-2 Radio platform
AUD0044-2 Fin set
AUD1519 Main rotor blades (or PDR0074-602 if you prefer FRP blades)

For your convenience, we can include them in the box at the same time thus saving you both time and shipping expense later. We used to live in the Panama Canal Zone and thus, we're quite familiar with what it's like being at the end of a long-ish supply chain. Contact me directly at: info AT genesishobby DOT com - or - call the number below and we can get the ball rolling. Also, if you are interested in servos, motor, training gear, etc. we can help guide you with that at the same time.

Last thing, do you specifically want a model with a FBL setup as opposed to the flybar setup? I wonder because you mentioned the P6e Pro, which is the flybarless (FBL) version of our model. Reason is I generally try to guide new pilots toward a conventional flybar-solution instead. Why? Simply because it's easier, in my opinion, to learn to fly without the added complication of screwing around tuning and adjusting an FBL gyro while also trying to master the various elements of the hover and forward flight. Of course, we offer the model both ways and are thus, perfectly happy taking your money, regardless. However, because I have a fair bit of experience with what works (and the results new pilots experience) from going both ways, I offer these thoughts.

Finally, you're going to really love how this models flies, e.g. how smoothly it handles, how steady it is in the hover, and how very gentle it is when learning. This is the one thing you'll have to take as article of faith because my words won't suffice until you experience it but I daresay pilots on this forum will vouchsafe for me.
Thanks John for the explanation. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. We had a death in the family before Christmas. I'll send you an email and we can chat.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #9
Medic33
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As a fellow Canuck - I strongly agree with John's suggestion about keeping some stock of the "usual suspects". Anytime I've needed them, HE'S been really fast about sending them (usually that day)... But then there's the postal / courier system.

Oh yeah. Stay away from UPS. Takes as much time as USPS (which I've been really impressed with, actually).. but has the added joy of....

Brokerage fees. Yech.
Medic33 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:38 PM   #10
rookieflyer09
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic33 View Post
As a fellow Canuck - I strongly agree with John's suggestion about keeping some stock of the "usual suspects". Anytime I've needed them, HE'S been really fast about sending them (usually that day)... But then there's the postal / courier system.

Oh yeah. Stay away from UPS. Takes as much time as USPS (which I've been really impressed with, actually).. but has the added joy of....

Brokerage fees. Yech.
Yeah I stay away from UPS as much as I can.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Audacity

Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support