Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Zeal Rotor Blades

Zeal Rotor Blades Zeal Rotor Blades Support and Discussion

Old 04-24-2015, 08:47 AM   #21
Pitch-Itch
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDon View Post
Almost makes a person wonder if the blades they are buy are cloned. Not saying that is true but sure makes you wonder cause all the zeals we have are fine and after the complaints I have went over them with a fine toothed comb.
Lynx is a licensed dealer for Zeal, so they aren't clones.

Just more faulty blades from Zeal. That's why I say buying their blades is basically a lottery. You may get some great blades, or you may get some basically unflyable blades.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:02 PM   #22
mike4406
Registered Users

I always associated the word "quality" with Lynx, until I bought these blades directly thru/from Lynx.....

I am really surprised/disappointed that Lynx continues to sell these substandard low quality blades.. To many quality complaints and apparently nothing has changed at ZEAL, they just make the same excuse and tell you to return the product at your expense for a replacement. Bad company (ZEAL) bad products.

One thing for sure, if I buy anything else from Lynx, it will be made by Lynx.....
mike4406 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:15 AM   #23
Xfreak3D
Registered Users

I have 5 pairs of zeals on my gauis.. all are working exceptionally well.

My flying buddies all on zeals. Kds7.2 , x7, 700dfc, x5 lotsa x3s.

So far our favourite blades on quality & price.
What else could one ask for?

Tareq also flying it on..
Xfreak3D is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:42 AM   #24
UCPharmD
Registered Users

Fit and finish sucked on my 380 Energy's. I got two pairs and both needed finishing work. On the other hand, the 520s I just got in the mail are flawless.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:27 AM   #25
Gerd
Registered Users

We have tested yesterday several pairs of Zeal 550 V2 because a german customer said that he didnīt like the chirping of them. The result: Are tested pairs are balanced perfect, we for ourself like the chirping sound at low rpm (maybe personal taste), that is dissaperaing with high rpm, very precise to handle with good resonse.

Here some vids, compare the different pairs under same flight conditions:

ZealV1:
ZealV2#1
Zeal V2#2
Zeal V2#3

After these pairs were extremely comparable we have decided to stop testing further pairs and have flown with 1700 and 2500 rpm two full flights:

Zeal V2 #1 at 1700rpm:
Zeal V2 #1 at 2500rpm:

What we definetly like is the neon red part in the rotor disk, watch the 1700 rpm video at 2:00 and the 2500 video at 1:35.
Gerd is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #26
Xfreak3D
Registered Users

great videos... i believe zeal has its uniqueness for some might can accept it.

well its relative new in market and they will find their positions and hope their QC is at highest level
Xfreak3D is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #27
vebbyson
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well... I started this thread hoping to hear positive things about these blades I've ordered a set and will hopefully report a positive comment.
vebbyson is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #28
Dennis Everett
Registered Users

ive held off buying a set due to all the bad reports ...
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:51 PM   #29
Colin Broughton
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
ive held off buying a set due to all the bad reports ...
It's funny how on forums we only get members posting their bad experiences but on social media (Facebook) as an example the zeal associated groups get countless praised posted, constantly.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:43 PM   #30
Uriah
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhelipilot View Post
It's funny how on forums we only get members posting their bad experiences but on social media (Facebook) as an example the zeal associated groups get countless praised posted, constantly.
Well as you saw in the thread I recently posted (link), there are legitimate quality control problems that Zeal needs to work on. I was under the impression that these quality control issues had been addressed with the new "Energy" lineup, but this was clearly not the case with the 600mm Zeal's I purchased from Amain. I'm hoping it was a fluke set, but nevertheless I requested Amain simply give me a store credit and I went ahead and purchased some 600mm SAB Blackline 3D blades that were on sale. Am I soured on Zeal? Certainly not. But I'm going to give the Zeal Energy lineup a little more time on the market to [hopefully] get the quality control bugs worked out before I make another attempt to buy them. Every company deals with these types of issues to one degree or another, so I'm not going to be advising people against trying Zeal. However, for the time being I will be encouraging people to give the Zeal blades a good looking-over at the seams to make sure they aren't de-laminated in any way, and to also check the balance and CG before installing (something I normally say is a waste of time with today's premium blades).

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:52 PM   #31
Colin Broughton
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
Well as you saw in the thread I recently posted (link), there are legitimate quality control problems that Zeal needs to work on. I was under the impression that these quality control issues had been addressed with the new "Energy" lineup, but this was clearly not the case with the 600mm Zeal's I purchased from Amain. I'm hoping it was a fluke set, but nevertheless I requested Amain simply give me a store credit and I went ahead and purchased some 600mm SAB Blackline 3D blades that were on sale. Am I soured on Zeal? Certainly not. But I'm going to give the Zeal Energy lineup a little more time on the market to [hopefully] get the quality control bugs worked out before I make another attempt to buy them. Every company deals with these types of issues to one degree or another, so I'm not going to be advising people against trying Zeal. However, for the time being I will be encouraging people to give the Zeal blades a good looking-over at the seams to make sure they aren't de-laminated in any way, and to also check the balance and CG before installing (something I normally say is a waste of time with today's premium blades).
To be honest I can't really recall anyone mentioning that the blades were out of balance enough to cause any issue untill your post. But that being said if you look in the cyclone forums, I started a thread where a set of Cyclones needed a massive amount of tape on them to balance them. This is a industry occurrence and it doesn't matter the company, it's bound to happen. Amain hobbies clearly corrected the issue, 1 because they know it's a legitimate claim 2nd zeal will be more than happy to replace them as well. So Amain and yourself aren't out a set of un flyable blades.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #32
WedgeD
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch-Itch View Post

Just more faulty blades from Zeal. That's why I say buying their blades is basically a lottery. You may get some great blades, or you may get some basically unflyable blades.
Just found that out for myself. The 155mm blades on my 180CFX have been fine, but the set of 325s I just got? They flew terribly on my 450. They absolutely killed my cyclic response compared to the Align 325s I had on it before. The Aligns were nice and responsive. I tried upping the rates to get some more liveliness out of the Zeals, but that only made the head bog and they still remained very dead feeling. No wonder as the blades were very heavy. Zeal lists them at "approx" 26g per blade. Mine were almost 34g per blade. That's a huge difference (38% heavier than the Align 325s) and I felt every bit of it. In fact, they were even heavier than their listed weight (32g) for the 350mm blades! And, no, they weren't mis-marked 350s. Their customer service was non existent, too. I started a thread about it here - no response from Zeal. I contacted them through their website - no response from Zeal. Thankfully, HeliDirect took care of me with a full refund and pre-paid return shipping label. Take note, Zeal... THAT is how customer service is done correctly.
WedgeD is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #33
WedgeD
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhelipilot View Post
Perhaps it's because they have full control over the content on their FB page which could very well mean deleting less than flattering posts. They (anyone, not just Zeal) can't do that here.

Added: Interesting. I just ran across this reading more about Zeal blades as it relates to this very topic.

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...59&postcount=6
WedgeD is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:48 AM   #34
Thoemse
Registered Users

I only own my first zeal blade setand it is the first time I put 480's on my Protos 500 so I cannot compare themto other blades.

I am however satisfied with them. They came well balanced and they sound wicked. In case of a crash I will buy them again. I don't like the design though.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:41 AM   #35
Kickedd7371
Registered Users

Well I thought I might share my experiences with the Zeals (Spoiler: They have been Great).

First off I have owned a fair amount of sets:

Goblin 380 KSE - Used Zeal Energy 380 and 360 on it (Mains only)
Goblin 500 Sport - Used Zeal Energy (Mains only)
Goblin 700 KSE - Used Zeal Energy (Mains and tails) - Had the neon orange on there and then crashed it. Afterwards threw a set of yellow ones on.

Well I have since moved on from SAB helis and sold them and got myself some Protos max v2s and they are also running Zeals:
Protos max V2 700 - Using Zeal Energy Neon Orange 690 and 115 tails
Protos max V2 770 evo - Used Zeal Energy Green 750 and 115 tails
Protos max V2 800 - Have a spare set Zeal Energy 800 but currently running some SAB Blackines on it.

Here is a flight I did with one of my sets:

Overall, all my sets of them blades performed flawlessly . They are one of the more aggressive blades if not the most aggressive that I have flown (Been told VTX are more aggressive however they are almost double the price here in AUS so not going to happen). No balance issues and the bushings were seated flush with the blade. There are some with very minor cosmetic flaws on them but none that really stand out that can only be picked up on when looking very closely. It is a very good value for your money blade especially here in Australia with our dollar being so bad. Also more a personal preference but I love their sound and their looks matches the max v2 very nicely!

On a side node. I got another guy at our club which got a set of Zeals for his logos and so far he seems quite happy with them as well.

Last edited by Kickedd7371; 01-03-2017 at 09:07 AM..
Kickedd7371 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Zeal Rotor Blades

Zeal Rotor Blades Zeal Rotor Blades Support and Discussion