Old 02-18-2016, 08:21 AM   #21
oliver1071
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.newson View Post
I can find two types of MIPs:

http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prods...qS-hoC3l3w_wcB

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...363564&alt=web

I really like that the first set has the size on them, as a previously poster said the colour coding of the aligns is very convenient.
+1000 for MIP's they are unlike any other. The new MIP's I've received have size labels with clear shrink tube so you can put a visible size label on them. http://miponline.com/store/mip9501.html
I think the Size indicator was the only complaint with them.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #22
Dowquest
Registered Users

Default Scorpion - Busted tip

Has anyone else had issues with Scorpion Hex Drivers breaking off in the screw head? This was my first use of this driver, never broke a tip off before.
I've sent in an email and filled out a contact form with Innov8tive design and so far have had no response. Not exactly what I was hoping for with this brand. Overall, disappointed with the whole deal .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170104_210653063.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	687550   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170104_210734587.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	687555  
Citizen - #202
Dowquest is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:13 AM   #23
fastflyer20
Registered Users

Wera have great handles, are reasonably priced and they hold up very well. They offer 2mm and larger. In the USA, McMaster sells them. HQ is in Germany so finding them in Europe should be easy.

TRM Power
CAUTION - my posts are based on my experiences, yours may be different.
fastflyer20 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:14 PM   #24
Larry227
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowquest View Post
Has anyone else had issues with Scorpion Hex Drivers breaking off in the screw head? This was my first use of this driver, never broke a tip off before.
I've sent in an email and filled out a contact form with Innov8tive design and so far have had no response. Not exactly what I was hoping for with this brand. Overall, disappointed with the whole deal .
I've had my Scorpion drivers for 3+ years now and only had the 1.5mm break a tip off this last year. I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet but the rest of the sizes are still my go to drivers.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:22 PM   #25
Dowquest
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry227 View Post
I've had my Scorpion drivers for 3+ years now and only had the 1.5mm break a tip off this last year. I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet but the rest of the sizes are still my go to drivers.
After My 2mm broke the tip, I emailed them, and after a bit of frustration with waiting several days, they got back to me and replaced the tip for free. All in all, I'm a happy customer.
Citizen - #202
Dowquest is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:28 PM   #26
JEEPWORLD2002
Registered Users

I second mip but mainly use the 1.5/2/2.5 then my others are a mix of sizes with the curved to get in tight places on a slight angle. Then I have a set of snap on ones on 1/4 speed ratchet. Mainly use mip to break the lock tite bond then use the speed ratchet to buzz them in N out. Use the curved ones to buzz the tight spot ones after again usin mip to break them loose & tighten
Old 01-19-2017, 11:03 AM   #27
KSHeli
Registered Users

I just order some of this brand and so far I'm enjoying them as an upgrade from my Align set which I had no problem except for the occasional button head screw the 1.5 wouldn't fit to properly. These drivers fromhttp://www.team-eds.com/ fit snuggly. One thing I wish that they had was color coding for size I may put a colored label on and then use clear shrink to cover the label.

Last edited by KSHeli; 01-19-2017 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: added; One thing I wish that they had was color coding for size I may put a colored label on and then use clear shrink to co
KSHeli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #28
TimBaconHeli
Registered Users

Bought a full set of Scorpion drivers and to date they are the best ive used. Very hard tips, i could see one breaking vs stripping. But honestly if one did break i can easily see them replacing it no questions, actually i bought them off a Scorpion rep and if i remember correctly he plain said they are warrantied for life.

Tim
TimBaconHeli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #29
grasshopper2
Registered Users

By and large I guess if you want the best its going to be expensive, but I have been very pleased with some Tarot drivers I've had for some time, the titanium coated ones. They are a nice tight fit especially in the 1.5mm size, and show little or no wear. Cheap too. Just bought some Dynamite but not used them yet, so can't comment, but I liked the look of the handle! I would get more Tarot in the smallest sizes but can't seem to find the ti coated ones at the moment.
grasshopper2 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:50 AM   #30
Konminor
Registered Users

Konminor is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Tools and Supplies

R/C Helicopter Tools and Supplies Tools and Products used with R/C Helicopters