Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
Trigen
Registered Users

Default Hcp100S Slow roll rates

Got myself this sweet little micro but gotta admit the roll rates on it are quite bad, even with a 100 on the servo limits. The elevator rates are great and the servo throw seems equal on both so im a bit puzzled by this. Full bang aileron can barely kick it to 70-80 degrees slowly

Could this have anything to do with the Dsmx sat and binding or is it just that it has horribly slow rate? I used Accurc to bind this thing.

Hopefully the roll rates are somewhat fixable, if not its a great flip machine and a lot of fun at 95%-100%
Trigen is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
Thickfog
Registered Users

I experience this also. Weird considering the power this has. I have other issues and asked for setup help.

All I can think is that our settings are way off.

Edit. Found what I was looking for. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2311554

Last edited by Thickfog; 10-24-2016 at 10:48 PM..
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:39 AM   #3
Trigen
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think the heli just has a crappy roll rate that you cant do much about Doing a stationary roll doing with a quick pitch pump and rolling over at 0 pitch she still moves out quit a bit even at full aileron range where others would flip on the axis
Old 10-25-2016, 04:00 AM   #4
BrokeDad
Registered Users

If you want a 2S micro for 3D try the K120. It doesn't have a great crash rating (kills servos etc) but if you are capable it's a good heli. Mine sits as a shelf queen anymore though as the near indestructible K110 is enough for me in that size class.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:43 AM   #5
Trigen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
If you want a 2S micro for 3D try the K120. It doesn't have a great crash rating (kills servos etc) but if you are capable it's a good heli. Mine sits as a shelf queen anymore though as the near indestructible K110 is enough for me in that size class.
Mm ive been thinking about it. Both are good options and ill grab one if i can catch it second hand. Ive seen a few but havent pounced

The Trex 150x is also out now but ill wait for review's on that, its somewhat expensive i think and i dont like the battery setup, i want to buy any 2s i want and use (great if you dont have a charger setup though). Can probably be modded. Oxy is also coming in 200 class quite soon so it will be interesting to see which will be the perfect backyard flier, especially now with winter coming, its going to be mostly backyard and sim.

For now i very much enjoy my 100S. just go outside the door and have fun with it Parts are also super cheap. I can get 10x of the price of one main blade set for the Nano. Massive power and lots of fun, i can overlook the tail issue and lack of roll.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:06 AM   #6
Thickfog
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Yeah. I have the K120. Love it. Did the servo saver mod and been crashing a lot with no issues so far. What a great handling bird compared to the hcp100s. My servos stay cool too. I know some have had servo meltdown. Probably some early qc issues. Besides blades (like any heli) , my k120 has been solid and a ripper! Incredible tail hold too.

Too bad the k120 had some issues early on. The seems to have really turned people off.

For the price you can't beat it over the trex 150.

My everyday go to is the k110. You can beat this thing to death.

Both the 110 and 120 make my hcp100s handling seem like something from the 80s that was half baked.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:31 AM   #7
Trigen
Registered Users

Whats the lifetime on the tail motor for the 110?, i see they are using brushed ones. Does it have enough power for tic tocs and such?
Old 10-25-2016, 02:39 PM   #8
Thickfog
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigen View Post
Whats the lifetime on the tail motor for the 110?, i see they are using brushed ones. Does it have enough power for tic tocs and such?
It does, but barely. I use a k120 prop and get no blow out. With stock props, I get blow outs during simple pitch pumps.

Buy a 120 of you want more acrobatic. They tail is a gem and the main power fantastic.

110 acrobatics are tough. I'm just learning and without perfect collective management, it's hard to pull anything off. I'm a newbie so any pro can do it though. Just that the 120 power allows you to be sloppy and pull more moves off.
Like hurricanes are very tough for me on the 110. Tic tocs are sloppy for me as I bog it and stock tail prop blows out.

I usually kill my motors in crashes by ripping them off. Never had one in long enough to test longevity. Lol.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.