Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters > 500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters

500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters 500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Using different weight of lipo packs

I flew my 500 yesterday... Set my gyro to 52 on idle up 1 ,
Then flew my lighter packs after i noticed a big difference, my tail hunts and i have to tone down the gyo to 48... Anybody has the same issue? I only have 4 packs right now, 3 revolectrix 3200 60c and an eco power 3300 60c this is wignificantly heavier than the revoletrix... Thanks
I guess i get more HS on the big one but get heavier...
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you questioning gyro settings, or what lipo to use?
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Annoying question hehe, im just airing out, im just wondering if its normal to change the flight attitude if you use different weight of battery. I think i just have to change the my gyro setting everytime i plan to fly with my heavier 3300mah pack. Thanks gladius, im
Glad you pop in.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm, never really thought about that. I guess the lighter packs could require slightly lower gain. If you used that same gain with your heavier packs, it shouldn't wag, although it might not be optimized.

You could also figure out what gain value should be used with each size of lipo, and then set your gyro switch to switch between the different gains.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
Hmm, never really thought about that. I guess the lighter packs could require slightly lower gain. If you used that same gain with your heavier packs, it shouldn't wag, although it might not be optimized.

You could also figure out what gain value should be used with each size of lipo, and then set your gyro switch to switch between the different gains.
some of my assesment are 1 my packs are now waking up since it gets some cycle now broken in, it means HS has increased, gain that was set up from my previous fligt was already hi, should consider that point, then 2 the weight of pack, i should check next time, yeah it use be optimized if i was able to detect or noticed that the sound of my 500 is somehow louder this time compare to my previous flight. cant fly her this week. i will try the gpro too from the my 450l dom. i set my gyro gain on my flight mode such as folllows

normal gain value 53 TC 0-45-75-80-100
iup1 gain value 48 TC 85-95-90-95-100
iup2 45 TC 100-90-85-90-100
thanks
Old 09-09-2014, 04:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is that a typo in your IU1 TC? Why do you have throttle at 85% at full negative collective, then it goes up to 95%, then back down to 90%?
Old 09-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would consider your mechanical tail setup here first. If its not correct, then you will be never be able to get things perfect electronically, so it has to be the proper foundation for everything down stream.

Yes, different head speeds can theoretically all use separate gains to be perfect, but most can easily get away with using only one gain setting unless the RPMs are crazy different from each other such as in high RPM smack flying vs very low head speed flying.

If the mechanical tail gain is not ideal on the setup, cracks may start to appear when little things that typically wouldn't matter change as you describe.

Check the hole that your tail servo ball is in. You want to use the hole that gets you the closest to 100% full pitch slider travel without binding and without having to reduce the tail travel endpoints in your FBL unit. Make sure this is being done using no DR or anything on the tail channel at the time of setting it up.

That will give you the best tail resolution without too much or too little mechanical tail gain being factored in and may solve the issue, or at least you can remove the mechanical aspect of it from the equation if it doesn't.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
Is that a typo in your IU1 TC? Why do you have throttle at 85% at full negative collective, then it goes up to 95%, then back down to 90%?
i think i might have to set to V setting... but i like it when i give a negative it doesn't go fast when i pull down back..
Old 09-11-2014, 01:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
I would consider your mechanical tail setup here first. If its not correct, then you will be never be able to get things perfect electronically, so it has to be the proper foundation for everything down stream.

Yes, different head speeds can theoretically all use separate gains to be perfect, but most can easily get away with using only one gain setting unless the RPMs are crazy different from each other such as in high RPM smack flying vs very low head speed flying.

If the mechanical tail gain is not ideal on the setup, cracks may start to appear when little things that typically wouldn't matter change as you describe.

Check the hole that your tail servo ball is in. You want to use the hole that gets you the closest to 100% full pitch slider travel without binding and without having to reduce the tail travel endpoints in your FBL unit. Make sure this is being done using no DR or anything on the tail channel at the time of setting it up.

That will give you the best tail resolution without too much or too little mechanical tail gain being factored in and may solve the issue, or at least you can remove the mechanical aspect of it from the equation if it doesn't.
i checked some mechanical aspect, it found that my motor kinda moved away from my main gear i pushed it back in, checked it with the paper and it was good, but when i turn the main rotor blade CCW it has a some resistance, its not as smooth as it was, so i took off the main gear and it found nothing....what would it be.. but when spool it up its fine.,, i'll check it more on my free time.. and will post what i will gather.. i was thinking it is one way bearing but how would it break i havent crashed it... all good flight... will look more...

i found the cause the TT bearing is somehow binding i pulled it out and the CA dried. hope it is...but a big difference now. i will give it a flight before work early morning.
thanks.
butch

Last edited by doubletap; 09-11-2014 at 03:01 AM..
doubletap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

im thinking 100 mahs should have no effect but your saying it does I would just run the gyro percent somewhere in the middle between the two settings for the different packs and call it good
Kap'n Krunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 05:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now here is my problem, i took her out and planned to give her some flight time, but i couldnt get her off the ground, the VIBRATION is significant! I toned down my GYRO setting but i dont think its the setting now, mechanical i suppose, so where should i start my diagnosis and whats to consider, i tried spooling her up with no blade looks fine no shakin and bakin... Any amount of help will be greatly appreciated. Heli not crashed or bad landing. I put her down last time due to tail wag.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

How tight were your main blades? If they are too tight, they will have trouble leading/lagging, which will cause the shakes. If they are too loose, then they will visibly slew on spool up, unbalancing the head and potentially causing the heli to tip over. I tighten my grip bolts to the point where I can still move the blades by hand, but need a little bit of force to do so. I know that's not a very good description, but unless you have a tiny torque wrench it's something that you just have to develop a feel for.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will check on that also i repositioned my tt bearing i remember to moved it too... Thanks will take some video later to post to give you some idea what it is.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now its fixed just the bearing inside the tb and tt.... And i put my
Ball link in the lower or inner hole on tail servo horn. Thanks guys.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have always use 2650 packs ,tried 3300 fits but the CG is way off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in