Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > 330X

330X Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 330X QuadCopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default need help with 330x/DX6i

First time trying to setup a quad and need some help.
The DX6i is set to airplane/gyro is at 50%to start..
Wireing is correct,thro is fine,all workers are working..
When trying to lift,the quad is tipping over to the left (as looking at it nose out ).
If someone has some setting for the DX6 would you please post..
I can set up any heli but this quad is so diff..
ty for any info...
hawkeye690 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Hawkeye, I am also fairly new and have a 330 using a Dx7 but I can try and helpI am using the gear switch for the gyro as that is what most are doing. Are you able to take off with the green wire disconnected? and in Cruz mode and "X" config?

Dave
Birdman4498 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

hi dave,well i have the gain pluged in useing the gear ch too.
The thing is,the manual keeps refering to mode 1 ..
Maybe wrong but pretty sure we use mainly mode 2..
I cant seem to get ALI and ELEV in the rite direction .
Throttle is working on the left stick as usual but cant get it off the ground with out tipping over
Old 06-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you tell me,,for normal flite should both switches on the gyro be up or down..normal flite mode?
also the DX6i is mode 2
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok heres the lastest,,I have the 330x hovering with a RED light..
Now,,after being in a nice hover about a foot off the ground,all of a sudden it will flip over and hit the ground,,inverted..its done it twice,,?? other than that its flying but only for about 1 min then it flips over..not sure why ?.
My travels are all at 60% / gyro is at 60 ...
Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It sounds like you need to set your esc's. How to do that is in the manual. I did each one of mine one at a time. I unplugged the green wire turned the gyro setting to minimum on the 344 and then plugged each esc into #1 and followed program sequence in the manual. You have to ensure your throttle is set to 100% both high and low. Once you have done each one set them in the correct locations turn gyro to 3:00 oclock leave green wire off reset your throttle throw to 80% for both high and low and make sure it flys. If all okay plug the green wire back in an play with the settings until you have it the way you want it. Hope that helps.

Dave
Old 06-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile 330X setup

I agree with the other guys but what I did find out was that tipping and flipping seems to occure when take off is too slow ,get off the ground quick and it all settles into a nice hover.

Go to the Buzzflyer Web site they have screen shots of the DX6i setup.
Cableman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

ty guy for the repleys..Well i unpluged all 4 esc but only trained them for hi and low throttle..the setup beeps are hard to follow with the tones being fast so..I did get the quuad in the air now and flown a few full packs since..the first time it did flip on its lid but since then,,its been flying.iam going to try a few more flite close to the ground just to see then,get more air and go from there..ill post back with a update!...
Old 07-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye690 View Post
ty guy for the repleys..Well i unpluged all 4 esc but only trained them for hi and low throttle..the setup beeps are hard to follow with the tones being fast so..I did get the quuad in the air now and flown a few full packs since..the first time it did flip on its lid but since then,,its been flying.iam going to try a few more flite close to the ground just to see then,get more air and go from there..ill post back with a update!...
I Just thought I'd check in on this thread Hawkeye690 since you started off the way I was & am still feeling. I'm going through the same stuff as yourself.
Let me preface by saying that I'm hating on this 330X with my Spektrum DX8 TX (great TX). 2nd summer I have this.

I, too, get lost with the beeps trying to set the ESC's. Their too danged fast!!! Can someone explain it to me as if I were a Kindergartner???

I've read the portion of calibrating the ESC's in the manual al least 50 times:
Unplug the green wire,
Set the "A" knob as far as it will go counter-clockwise,
Set the HOV & CRU switches to the up position, Set the TX on, & Throttle all the waaaaaay up,
Plug the battery into the 330X,
Listen to 5 beeps,
Then bring the Throttle all the way back down,
Disconnect the battery from the 330X,
Plug the green wire back in. Did I miss anything???

The problem is my 330X is on a constantly slow rotating spin to the left as though the rudder has more than it needs to the right so I counter it on my TX's rudder trim & I have to constantly keep adjusting my TX trims (rudder trim) & it also wants to head into forward flight all the time and, again adjusting the the trims (elevator trim). I have to constantly keep making adjustments on this bad boy.

Sheeesh!!! My heli's need 70% less baby sitting. To think that I wanted to do FPV with this originally!!!

I fly heli's Align Trex 450 Pro & Trex 600EFL... (started last summer 2010, oh wait!!! it's already 2012). So far only one mishap this year with my helis as opposed to at least 4-6 crashes a day, the first two years.
With my heli's I don't use Dual Rates since I have a little understanding of them & since I'm flying with these options inhibited anyhow. I'm a Rookie & a bit of a slow learner since work & the new wife take up 85% of my time. I'm trying to understand all this stuff about D/R:AIL,ELEV,RUDD, GYRO, GEAR. I almost forgot to mention it's in ACRO mode.

Thanks for allowing me to ramble & Hawkeye keep us posted about your progress.

I might just make this a separate thread.

Last edited by suzukii; 07-07-2012 at 05:55 PM..
suzukii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the constantly spinning issue as well, my particular issue was caused by mixing up which pair of motors were supposed to be reversed. Its was hard to figure out on mine, because if you reverse the wrong set of motors and had 0 gain, it still flys sort of, but pretty much crashes immediately. Adding any amt of gain in this bad setup caused instant spinning. Once i swapped the wires around, it flew perfectly. So I suggest giving that a shot.
abcfob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also agree with your comment. I was building another quad using the GU-344 and thought all was fine and it was doing the same thing when I realized I was connecting the motors right to left forgetting the Gaui starts #1 at the top right and then #2 is bottom right rather then top left. After I remembered that all was good.

Dave
Old 07-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well after constantly tweaking it's subtrims on mine it's about as stable as I think it will ever be without getting rid of the GU-344 & replacing it with something like wookong's tech. It wasn't my motors being reversed. It's a combo of the damned GEAR/GAIN settings & D/R settings. ..._(pssst) I still have that slight rotation to the left.

Last edited by suzukii; 07-10-2012 at 01:22 PM..
Old 07-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dang it!!! I still have that slight rotation to the left, even though I have my rudder subtrim all the way to the right as far as it will go on my TX.

Any ideas guys & gals???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in