Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

All Esky needs is a FP with a decent electrics, gyro, esc and a belt tail. Doesn't even have to be flybarless and we would all be happy. I'd be one of the first to buy one!

It has always been of my opinion that they copied thier electronic scematics directly from to original "Prince of Darkness". Lucas Electrics!
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

We all love our Bees. Otherwise we wouldn't bee here.

There's a lot of truth in what he says....even if it was just in fun. Almost all rc helis are money pits. We repair and modify the heck out of them trying to get them to perform and look better. That's a big part of the fun; seeing your labor and $ look good and fly great. That's what a hobby is; spending time and money to have fun doing something you enjoy.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The great thing about bees are, you can spend loads or little. I never modded my bee apart from heat sinks. I got 2 years of flying for well under £1 a week.

Cheers, OD.

If you make a mistake and learn from it, that's progress

2 x Nano heli's - now passed on to Megan, HoneyBee V1.....Awaiting test flight, T-Rex 250 V1, Hitec 5084MG tail servo, DX6i, Walkera 4#3A (it's in fairly good hands Bugster).
oliverdots is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 05:53 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugster View Post
I spoke to a UK Esky distributor today and he told me they have a number of orders placed with Esky for helis/spares and despatch dates for all of them. He also told me about the new Esky 700 due soon (450 size so don't get all excited you 600 pilots). . I'm waiting for the pic he's promised to send.

He also mentioned these rumours historically tend to start around Christmas and through January for the Chinese New Year when China is on holiday.

Time will tell eh ?

Well Bugster my friend, time does tell. Your source was right and now it’s official. I just seen that Xheli is now selling the D700 3G, D700 3D, D550 3D and Twinstar 3G. So it looks like Esky is still in the game. The D700 3D is still a flybar helicopter and comes ready to fly with a new style/design transmitter, gyro and charger. The D700 3G and D550 3G are flybarrless, but do not come with a transmitter, receiver or 3axis unit. These items will have to be purchase separately. Now the Twinstar 3G is the interesting one, because it comes ready to fly with a 3axis gyro. So it does look as if Esky does make their own 3axis unit. This really peaks my curiosity…if Esky makes a 3axis unit, why are they not selling the D700 3G and D550 3D as RTF with this 3axis gyro unit. One reason could be the 3G unit still has a few bugs that need to be worked out before they pair it up with their new quote un-quote 3D performing flybarrless helicopters. I personally have no need for the D700 as I have plenty of 450 size helicopters, even have a couple of custom made direct drive stretched 450’s. But I have to say, I’m tempted to get the D550 as I’ve been looking for a decent 300-400 size fbl cp helicopter that I don’t have to paid a arm and a leg for. Anyways, glad to see Esky is still around and hopefully one day Esky will make a 300 size fbl fp to replace the Bee…cause it’s really sad to see this forum has become such a ghost town.

New Esky birds can be found here.
http://www.xheli.com/esky6ch.html
Old 06-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great news HH and definitely what we need here to get some new blood in the forum.

The combo kit is inspired marketing - $199 for 3 helis, a KOB coax, plus an HBFP (we knew it would reappear ) and a CP all in the same box utilising the same lipo for all 3.. So no more worrying about which entry level heli you need nor duplicate purchases of Tx, lipo etc..

http://www.xheli.com/eskyheli-003657...o-rtf-24g.html

So lets all keep a watchful eye open for newbies

Bugster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
The combo kit is inspired marketing - $199 for 3 helis, a KOB coax, plus an HBFP (we knew it would reappear ) and a CP all in the same box utilising the same lipo for all 3.. So no more worrying about which entry level heli you need nor duplicate purchases of Tx, lipo etc..

That is AWESOME! I didn't think I had read it correctly at first.....but 3 helis in one package. Or put another way, your first 3 helis all in one deal, for under $200! How could there be any other choice for a beginner??

That is surely gonna hit other manufacturer's sales of coaxs, FPs and beginner CPs really hard!! Esky should be swamping the market with press releases on that one!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
definitely what we need here to get some new blood in the forum.

So lets all keep a watchful eye open for newbies
wow..that is WAY cool! Wish this had existed when i 1st started!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thinking about buy a 3 in 1 combo

So I am fairly new to helis and was thinking about buying one of these Esky Beginner 3 in 1 combos. Has anyone out there purchased one? Is there a catch to buying this combo? I hope to be able to fly the CP heli outdoors. I know how to fly a co-axial, and I have some experience flying a FP heli. The CP heli would be a first for me.
Walkindownaline is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 05:42 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkindownaline View Post
So I am fairly new to helis and was thinking about buying one of these Esky Beginner 3 in 1 combos. Has anyone out there purchased one? Is there a catch to buying this combo? I hope to be able to fly the CP heli outdoors. I know how to fly a co-axial, and I have some experience flying a FP heli. The CP heli would be a first for me.
i don't know anyone who has bought one yet...if you have co-ax and FP experience then you may not need this kit..and may be ready to move onto a CP stand alone heli...just depends on your comfort level...
Old 07-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1.

It looks like a good deal for someone getting into the hobby. But it sounds like you may already be there and would find 2/3rds of the kit a bit superfluous (big word for the day...did I spell it right?).

There is no real right or wrong answer about what heli is right for someone, and what there next step / level should be...only what is right for you.

Esky isn't a perfect brand and isn't a top of the range brand to be fair....but they do provide great helis for those wanting to start out and dip their toe in the water.

As a combo kit, this is fairly new, so you probably won't find a lot of reviews around about it yet. I'd love to hear from someone who has tried it!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got the Twinstar 3G so I'll let you know when I figure it out. This is my first 3D heli so I'm flying blind here. I will say the manual stinks it probably wouldn't have been so bad if I had any idea what I was doing to begin with but not easy to navigate for a beginner.
There is no information anywhere to speak of for help either. Also it looks like Im going to have to go out and buy a AC to DC power converter which I didn't know about.
I have just figured out the binding process and as soon as I get the charger up and running I'll try a test flight. Blade tracking looks pretty good right out of the box though.
noideawhatimdoing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in