Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Kasama Helicopters and Upgrades

Kasama Helicopters and Upgrades Kasama Srimok 90 Helicopters and Upgrades Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default OS GT 15 ?

I'm starting to think my next project could be converting my Srimok 90N to gas engine.
This new OS GT 15 looks quite promising and would be a straight fit, just maybe some slight mod to the fan shroud...
I know the 2.8 HP isn't going to get me into any hard 3D stuff, but if I can sport fly / big air aerobatics for 45 min on one tank I'd be thrilled!
Thing is, Mr. Kasama should try to come out with a solution for increasing (or is it reducing? Can never remember ) the gear ratio, maybe like a 13 teeth pinion would do the trick.
I'm still hesitating, do you agree that could be a good idea?
Zbawer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 01:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why do you want a different ratio? Does the gasser rev lower?
I couldn't imagine a 13T pinion, would be bog central don't you think?
thefrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 02:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been thinking similar, but i might shrink her to a 600 with dune parts

BenScoobert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hey Ben,
You know what? That's actually a brilliant idea you got there!
I guess stock 90 rotor head (LRH with comp arm) can still be used, fitting 600mm blades would only require to pull out the metal sleeve inside the blade root hole so the M5 screw can go thru...
Only need to shorten the boom using dune parts... nice!

Yeah frog, the OS GT 15 revs slower, max power is 2.8 at 14K, so defo need to find a way to increaase GR
BTW nice pictures of yours on kasama homepage
Old 01-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbawer View Post
Hey Ben,
You know what? That's actually a brilliant idea you got there!
I guess stock 90 rotor head (LRH with comp arm) can still be used, fitting 600mm blades would only require to pull out the metal sleeve inside the blade root hole so the M5 screw can go thru...
Only need to shorten the boom using dune parts... nice!

Yeah frog, the OS GT 15 revs slower, max power is 2.8 at 14K, so defo need to find a way to increaase GR
I was considering doing a swap around on the 90N and the dune to make a 700 Dune and 600 Srimok gasser.
Not sure if it would work but I'll enjoy the tinkering.
I don't run balls out 3D so a reduced headspeed on Dune with 700 blades should be OK.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I guess you could use the 98T main gear, but that hardly makes any difference - I've tested the 98, 99 and 100 and found the the difference to be marginal - maybe 200 rpm either direction. They give 8.17, 8.25 and 8.33 ratios. the 13T will give a 7.62, so about 1840 rpm.

Big thanks for the heads up on the photos! I'll feel famous for 5 minutes.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

A 700 Dune?
What advantage would you get compared to the FAIFA?
You might wanna check the Dune' servo layout is still going to give you enough throw for the 90 size rotor head, and vice versa not waist servo resolution on your 90N running Dune' s rotorhead.
This is because the Dune' s rotorhead doesn't use mixing arms on the grip, if you see what I mean.

But back to this Srimok 600 with OS gas engine, that would be awesome ! But still need to sort out the GR with 13T, maybe 14T, pinion ; Is it something that can be tailor made? Who shall I ask?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
A 700 Dune?
What advantage would you get compared to the FAIFA?
You might wanna check the Dune' servo layout is still going to give you enough throw for the 90 size rotor head, and vice versa not waist servo resolution on your 90N running Dune' s rotorhead.
This is because the Dune' s rotorhead doesn't use mixing arms on the grip, if you see what I mean.

But back to this Srimok 600 with OS gas engine, that would be awesome ! But still need to sort out the GR with 13T, maybe 14T, pinion ; Is it something that can be tailor made? Who shall I ask?
Not much really, lighter I suppose, I was just thinking if I made a 600 Srimok I'd have a 700 boom and boomless Dune :-D

Old 01-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'd suggest asking Kasama for the pinion first. They did make a 13T a while back - I recall Gavin testing an Eco with a 13T pinion, running 2050 rpm on the head. I'm not sure if it was a limited production run on that size as I haven't seen them on sale elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in