Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems if the radios Horizon received were not correct they would have sent those system back for correction rather than distribute something with switches in the wrong place and pretend it is okay. I guess if we did not speak up then they would have let things be. Horizon does not get a passing grade on this matter. I know it is a great radio but it's debut was not handled properly.
Is the switch layout the same on the XG8? It arrived in the U.S. before the XG11 and far as I know the switches have not been corrected yet. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I plan on getting one of these radios but not until they get this switch thing sorted out. I will call HH on Monday to get an estimated arrival on the shipment with the new radios with everything in the proper place.
Thanks for the information pitstop000. Out of curiosity, how long ago was the statement from Horizon made?
pcskyhi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey pcskyhi, I need to laugh a little about a Debut from HH for the New line of JR Radios with JR’s own 2.4 DMSS. I haven’t seen anything really letting everyone know they even exist. I think I saw one ad in AMA about the XG8.
I had to educate my local shop about the new XG series and how JR is going their own way with DMSS.

I was flying an overseas XG8 last year, mode one converted. I don’t know about the XG8 from HH.

Did you get a chance to call HH today? What did they have to say?

The statement was made early September when the first XG11’s were shipping and sold out. I received mine from what I believe was the second shipment since I had to wait 3 weeks for them to get back into stock but the switches were mode1 even though the radio defaults to mode2.

Now with new software update, and the mention about the US mode2 switches, maybee ...............................

Last edited by Pitstop000; 11-13-2012 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: Typo
Pitstop000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

I spoke with Horizon Hobby today and was informed they will not be receiving the radios with the proper switch configuration until they sell out of the current batch. According to the gentleman I spoke with they still have a large stock with wrong configuration. Until they sell out of this batch the new batch with the proper switch layout will not be ordered. The gentleman did reinterate Horizon's willingness to move the switches for you if you send it in. Looks like it is going to be a long wait for me. I refuse to purchase anything I have to send in brand spanking new to have changes made and on top of that it won't even be labeled correctly.
I personally think they need to box up what they have and have JR do the work and reprogram them the way they are supposed to be. Sometimes I think Horizon is setting JR up to fail now that JR is no longer doing the threesome with them and Spektrum.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskyhi View Post
I spoke with Horizon Hobby today and was informed they will not be receiving the radios with the proper switch configuration until they sell out of the current batch. According to the gentleman I spoke with they still have a large stock with wrong configuration. Until they sell out of this batch the new batch with the proper switch layout will not be ordered. The gentleman did reinterate Horizon's willingness to move the switches for you if you send it in. Looks like it is going to be a long wait for me. I refuse to purchase anything I have to send in brand spanking new to have changes made and on top of that it won't even be labeled correctly.
I personally think they need to box up what they have and have JR do the work and reprogram them the way they are supposed to be. Sometimes I think Horizon is setting JR up to fail now that JR is no longer doing the threesome with them and Spektrum.
What if you buy the radio on ebay or from the UK ? what will we get -- the correct mode 2 ? or still the same issue ?
aquaanox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaanox View Post
What if you buy the radio on ebay or from the UK ? what will we get -- the correct mode 2 ? or still the same issue ?
I don't know. Maybe someone else can answer that for you.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop000 View Post
Hey pcskyhi, I need to laugh a little about a Debut from HH for the New line of JR Radios with JR’s own 2.4 DMSS. I haven’t seen anything really letting everyone know they even exist. I think I saw one ad in AMA about the XG8.
I had to educate my local shop about the new XG series and how JR is going their own way with DMSS.

I was flying an overseas XG8 last year, mode one converted. I don’t know about the XG8 from HH.

Did you get a chance to call HH today? What did they have to say?

The statement was made early September when the first XG11’s were shipping and sold out. I received mine from what I believe was the second shipment since I had to wait 3 weeks for them to get back into stock but the switches were mode1 even though the radio defaults to mode2.

Now with new software update, and the mention about the US mode2 switches, maybee ...............................
Yeah, my LHS was in the dark about the new DMSS XG radios as well. I asked them if they had any telemetry sensors for the new DMSS JR radios and they were like, "Yes, in the case!". They were the sensors for Spektrum's telemetry. I then explained to them about the new radios and they said they haven't heard anything and it's probably a Europe thing. I was like . Meanwhile, the whole time, they have this attitude as if I just cursed their mother.

With LHSs becoming more in the dark, and with the attitude at mine, I no longer feel bad spending my money online. It's a shame too because my LHS has a nice selection of everything.
Planes: Crack Yak, Habu, F-27Q Stryker, T-28D, UM P-51D, P-51 BL, UM SU-26XP, P-47D, UMX Beast v1 & 3D, UMX Sbach 342, UMX Extra 300 3D, UM F-27Q Stryker, H9 Mustang 40, UM Mosquito, Sky Angel 650mm Mustang/550mm FW190, FMS B-25, 64mm Mig-15 XG11 DX8
ElIntocable is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

JR is really shooting themselves in the foot with this one. the US is a big market for them and im not sure what has suddenly changed. i hope this silly mode 2 thing is resolved soon atleast.

That said, most local shops have standardized on elfite, parkzone, align (if you are lucky) and spektrum. im sure this is about profit margins for the most part. seriously. all the made in china stuff its a sad time in rc from that POV.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
JR is really shooting themselves in the foot with this one. the US is a big market for them and im not sure what has suddenly changed. i hope this silly mode 2 thing is resolved soon atleast.

That said, most local shops have standardized on elfite, parkzone, align (if you are lucky) and spektrum. im sure this is about profit margins for the most part. seriously. all the made in china stuff its a sad time in rc from that POV.
I agree with what you say but I don't think JR is solo on this. I also hold Horizon accountable for even putting these radios on the market with the switches in the wrong place. As a distributor who knows what setup the consumers fly over here in the U.S.A. they should have delayed the release until this matter was resolved by JR and/or by Horizon in house.
JR was the house brand for Horizon but that came to an end when Horizon partnered up (invested into) with Spektrum. Spektrum is now the house brand of Horizon. Just my 2 cents but I think Horizon could now care less about JR products because they want we the consumers to drop JR and jump on the Spektrum band wagon. As long as JR was using Spektrum technology in their radio systems Jr was having to pay Spektrum/Horizon for the technology but now JR has their own technology and does not have to pay anymore. When JR released their new XG series radio system how much advertisement did Horizon, the U.S.A. distributor do? When JR sent the XG series radio sytems to the U.S.A. with the swithces in the wrong place, what did Horizon Do? Looks like sabotage to me. If they can get us to turn our backs on JR they think we will run to Horizon's house brand because most JR users will not go to Futaba and the Spektrum programming is similar to who?
I bet if Spektrum did not exsist leaving JR the house brand it once was for Horizon this switch mess would have been straightened out some time ago. They hear the consumers complaining about the switch configuration and they tell the consumer they will do nothing about it until they sell the whole batch of radios with the wrong switch configuration. Of course you can ship it to them after the purchase and they will move the switches for you but who is gonna pay for the additional shipping? You just spent $850.00 and now you have to ship back to Horizon.
JR has actually done more than Horizon and has already put out an software update for the switches to be on the correct side for the U.S.A. Here is an idea, How about Horizon take the stock they have in hand, move the switches, update the software, and get the proper labels put on before shipping another one out to consumers/hobby shops instead of having the consumer spend more money to ship something back to be corrected.
Like I said, don't just point the finger at JR. They are the one's being sabotaged by their U.S. distributor.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i am patiently waiting for a corrected xg11 for the US market. btw, is DMSS frame rate 11ms or 22 ? cant really find any documentation on that.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
well i am patiently waiting for a corrected xg11 for the US market. btw, is DMSS frame rate 11ms or 22 ? cant really find any documentation on that.
Re the framerate, the beauty of the DMSS system is that this is virtually zero as the important channels get send and received in the same time. No lag and you get the connected and locked in feel that can only be appreciated if you fly the competing systems back to back.

See http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/pro...hats_dmss.html
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spoke with HH Saturday and they said you have to request for them to open the box and check before shipping.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Replied to your pm, sorry for the delay.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, is Horizon shipping the proper 100% Mode 2 radios yet, or still shipping Mode 1 that need to be returned and modified?

I have no interest in a half modified Mode 1 radio...
Thunder Power 65C LiPo & JR 12X
350Z_Al is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Success!

I did the surgery on my XG11 last night. It was really easy thanks to the great help in this thread.

I have not performed any firmware updates yet. Not thrilled with the spelling mess up on fmod label.

Also, with the switch reassignment in the software, i assume I would have to undo the wire swap for the TH & TRN switches for the latest firmware?
spike5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 2 cents:

Just received XG11 radio from HK online store. It:
- has Mode 2 factory sticker on the box
- has throttle stick on the left
- defaults to Mode 2 upon creation of a new model

still - HOLD switch is on the left and TRNR on the right side.
Tomcat-R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default ACRO Model

Maybe this is normal, but in an ACRO model, FMOD switch is not even a choice on the menu and the "FMOD" switch is labeled as GEAR in the menu. Is this typical of a Mode 2 radio, or another Mode 1 Gremlin?
spike5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone know if HH has the new stickers yet?

My radio was sent in to HH for service for the Mode 2 change. The menus show the gear switch on the 3-way (FMODE) switch. It is so riduclous to have the gear on a 3 way switch. Doesn anyone know if this will ever be correct or are we just stuck with it?
nippaero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got off the phone with HH on a recent software issue with a XG11.

They sent a UPS returns shipping label, going out tomorrow.

I asked about the switch issue and the decals for the switches while I was on the phone.

The answer is not yet on replacement decals with the corrected labeling for mode 2 switches. They did say they have a software update for the switches though, something I had asked about a few weeks ago and was told no.

It looks like the issue is being worked on.

Last edited by Pitstop000; 01-08-2013 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 02-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

I talked to a nice guy in the HH tech. dept. yesterday, concerning the XG8, XG11 switches/stickers coming from the factory in the "US market" positions, and he said "not yet", so, it's a waiting game......
Airscrew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post
Maybe this is normal, but in an ACRO model, FMOD switch is not even a choice on the menu and the "FMOD" switch is labeled as GEAR in the menu. Is this typical of a Mode 2 radio, or another Mode 1 Gremlin?
DEVICE SELECTION is your friend, on page 1 you can activate FLIGHT MODE and assign it to any switch. Once activated you will see it in the MODEL MENU where it is needed. All explained in the manual!!!
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in