Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Mini CP

Mini CP Walkera Mini CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy Good case and also newbie is scared

I was looking for a good, briefcase sized/shaped case for the mini cp and devo 7 transmitter. I found one on helipal but it makes the shipping really high, so are there any other alternatives. I want it to have the helicopter and transmitter hole obsviously, maybe charger hole and battery and spare parts, that kind of stuff. Not necessary though. Alternatively, i could maybe try to cut the outline out of the foam, but i think i will mess it up. Preferably on a uk site too.

Now onto part 2. I have decided that i want a mini cp going against advice that i should get a simulator or get a different heli. Because i am a total noob, never flown a cp heli or proper outside one before, all of the stuff about things breaking really scares me. Blades might be easy, but what about the tail motor or the main one or the control board. What d i do if they break. I will have no idea how to connect things, and if i need to solder then i am screwed. It is really making me doubt getting a helicopter.
klanny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default repairing is half the fun! haha

Parts for the Walkera Mini CP are readily available. The heli is pretty tough. I've smacked the hell out of it many times. I've never had any serious internal damage though. I don't think you would need to solder anything unless you are trying to repair the receiver rather than replace it. IMO, I've learned more about RC helicopters through trial and error. The other day I accidentally deleted the settings in my transmitter…ooops. But I did my research, played around with the settings and now I understand what most of the settings do. Don't be afraid to crash because everyone crashes haha
hockeyn4sir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

1: Check out hardware stores and sporting goods stores. Hardware stores have cases with pluck foam and sporting goods stores have reasonable pistol cases that would work.

$25 here in the US from Harbor freight, Check your hardware stores.

$20 here in the US from Bass pro, I Imagine you have stores like that in the UK.

2: I have a Super CP, mechanically the same heli. It is pretty easy to work on, just take your time. Just observe how things come apart when you take it apart. If it helps take notes or pictures as you remove the old part. You should not need to solder, at least until you get a larger heli.

Welcome to the hobby.
SQRT(-2) is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in