Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default started doing passes today

well finally got up the nerve to turn my heli sideways in to me and put the nose down
and hit the throttle and run it down the runway, this heli is so freaking awesome.
its taking me awhile cause i dont have a sim but all of you guys and the guys at
my the field inspire so much confidence that im improving every time i fly. freaking
love this hobby! i dont even get this much of a rush riding my crf450r anymore.

thank to all, you guys rock!!!!!!
sarmeneau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmeneau View Post
well finally got up the nerve to turn my heli sideways in to me and put the nose down
and hit the throttle and run it down the runway, this heli is so freaking awesome.
its taking me awhile cause i dont have a sim but all of you guys and the guys at
my the field inspire so much confidence that im improving every time i fly. freaking
love this hobby! i dont even get this much of a rush riding my crf450r anymore.

thank to all, you guys rock!!!!!!
yep, we all get a litte better every time. its a blast, the more you fly faster you progress. just dont push your self any harder than you are ready for , its not a race and it's awesome weather you are hovering or flying like the pro's its not a easy hobby..

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great news. Take your time and Fly as much as you can.

This hobby will keep you up to your toes for long time. It's a thrill performing new things and the happiness can't but be drown on your face when you land.

As I was an athlete for 17 years I missed to have more successes
than disappointments. This hobby really paid that off. Not in the beginning though...

Looking forward to see you advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats man.... Such a satisfying feeling to transition the 5 to forward flight. I, too, am a beginner without a sim. Trial by Fire. Such a rock solid heli. Wish the darn winds would die down here.

Been a week since my last SMILE
trexasaurus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexasaurus View Post
Congrats man.... Such a satisfying feeling to transition the 5 to forward flight. I, too, am a beginner without a sim. Trial by Fire. Such a rock solid heli. Wish the darn winds would die down here.

Been a week since my last SMILE

what kind of wind are we talking about here. the 500 flys great in high winds, yesterday we had gust around 24mph gust today we had gust around 20mph gist or so the weather channel said, if i take my blade 400 out it is no fun and i get pushed around like crazy, the 500 on the other hand is barley bothered by the wind. it might make the heli rize up and down a little bit in a hover but once you get moving u dont even notice there is any wind at all...

not sure how new you are, im not saying go out and fly in the wind if you are not comfortable but i am just letting you know wind 20mph or less is not a big factor with the 500, if you are very new it might still mess you up but if you got 10-12 mph winds the 500 really shows no signs of being effected by the wind. at least to me..

pleas dont go out and fly in any conditions you are not comfortable with that alone can give you problems. yesterday was my first day with my 500 and i was flying in those kind of winds, i have flown my friends 500 a few tiems and i has always been some what windy, one of the reasons i wanted the 500 is it is often to windy to have fun with my 400.

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Keep at it sarmeneau. It only gets better. Wait until you start making fast banked turns.
You should really consider getting a good sim such as Phoenix. Not sayin' you can't learn without one but it sure doesn't hurt.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
what kind of wind are we talking about here. the 500 flys great in high winds, yesterday we had gust around 24mph gust today we had gust around 20mph gist or so the weather channel said, if i take my blade 400 out it is no fun and i get pushed around like crazy, the 500 on the other hand is barley bothered by the wind. it might make the heli rize up and down a little bit in a hover but once you get moving u dont even notice there is any wind at all...

not sure how new you are, im not saying go out and fly in the wind if you are not comfortable but i am just letting you know wind 20mph or less is not a big factor with the 500, if you are very new it might still mess you up but if you got 10-12 mph winds the 500 really shows no signs of being effected by the wind. at least to me..

pleas dont go out and fly in any conditions you are not comfortable with that alone can give you problems. yesterday was my first day with my 500 and i was flying in those kind of winds, i have flown my friends 500 a few tiems and i has always been some what windy, one of the reasons i wanted the 500 is it is often to windy to have fun with my 400.

Umm, yeah, I fly in what I am comfortable with as my pockets are not deep enough to fix often. We had a Tropical storm blow through here with 45 mph unpredicatble gusts for the past 2 days. 10-15 mph and I can stay planted but the gusts that were bending small trees were enough to keep me in my living room soldering new connectors on recently purchased lipos and glued to helifreak
trexasaurus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexasaurus View Post
Umm, yeah, I fly in what I am comfortable with as my pockets are not deep enough to fix often. We had a Tropical storm blow through here with 45 mph unpredicatble gusts for the past 2 days. 10-15 mph and I can stay planted but the gusts that were bending small trees were enough to keep me in my living room soldering new connectors on recently purchased lipos and glued to helifreak
I feel your pain the weather here sucks ass. I have been grounded since Sunday because of rain and strong wind. It is almost winter storage time for us

Minicopter Diabolo 700 / Mikado Logo 550sx
BTB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry227 View Post
Keep at it sarmeneau. It only gets better. Wait until you start making fast banked turns.
You should really consider getting a good sim such as Phoenix. Not sayin' you can't learn without one but it sure doesn't hurt.
phoenix will save you a lot of money in the long run, it will cost you around a hundred bucks and you can crash all you want and learn a lot. if you can do it on the sim you can do it in realy life. it might feel a bit different for real but its pretty much the same thing.

i learned pyro flips on the sim. first day i tried them i did them with ease and they felt no different than on the sim. now tic tocs are easy on the sim and i suck at them for real. i might get one or to and halve to pull out of it. than again that is wity my blade 400 witch is lacking some power.

the sim is probably the best learning tool you can get. and like i said i the long run it can save you a lot of money...

Old 10-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

im going to pick one up soon, cause i hate the thought of planting my 500 in the ground.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBTHEBUILDER32 View Post
I feel your pain the weather here sucks ass. I have been grounded since Sunday because of rain and strong wind. It is almost winter storage time for us
Winter storage! Now I'm getting depressed. I may have to get a heated suit so I can still fly as long as the blades don't freeze up
weedwacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

winter it 27 c here and calm as can be, heading to the field today it a perfect day. sucks that your all having bad weather

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in