Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods

600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Align T-REX 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Support

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 05:58 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
It sounds like a sudden RPM change stripped the gear. This is abnormal and I wouldn't hold this against the gears.
Totally agree.. also going to watch the upper HS with the new ration.

Quote:
The slight alignment issue is common and appears on my Align Heli's. The problem is that the main gear can be positioned slightly higher or lower depending on washers used, etc on the main shaft. As long as it's only a mm or so it's not really an issue in my experience.
Yep - not actually worried about the higher or lower bit, more worried about how "loosely" the mesh together. eg. its just the very tips of teeth on the auto-gear and the older tail gear barely touching, rather than the teeth meshing more fully together..

Its extremely hard to get a good photo of this showing what I mean, as the camera doesn't get into that tight spot and looses focus with the heli assembled and main shaft\tail gears spinning..but its although the main shaft and the tail umbrella gear shaft are a fraction "too far" apart. I tried to push the tail boom mount further up (to push the tail drive gears closer to the auto-gear), but it only goes so far..

The new autogear and tail drive gear the teeth fully mesh into each other, a much much closer fit further up the "teeth", like a zipper almost. Anyway, lot of people seem to be using them without issue and agree the superman burst of headspeed is the cause of the shredded gear in this instance.
Gaui EP550 CF PRO, Retired
OzDruiD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to barge in here, i have the 600 pro also , i have been running my HS at 2200 with the V-Bar, but i can't get my tail to spin faster, i have the Torque 9188 servo , and i have my yaw rate set at the max 121 in the V bar, my limits are at the max without binding, and still the tail won't go faster, ,, i really like doing piro flips but i cant because the tail issue,, anyone have a solution that may help ?
ball link is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail Speed

Hi Ball link. You are not barging in.. Sharing info is what it's all about. First off if you are going to try piro flips with 2200 HS and a stock tail ratio, it will blow the tail out and crash. 2350 is the minimum I would attempt that at. second your piro rate probably seems slow due to your tail being slow. Either do the the tail ratio mod or up the head speed. I am running the VBAR also and a HS of 2500. My yaw rate is set at 108 and its fast.

Chris
Blueabyss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ball link View Post
Sorry to barge in here, i have the 600 pro also , i have been running my HS at 2200 with the V-Bar, but i can't get my tail to spin faster, i have the Torque 9188 servo , and i have my yaw rate set at the max 121 in the V bar, my limits are at the max without binding, and still the tail won't go faster, ,, i really like doing piro flips but i cant because the tail issue,, anyone have a solution that may help ?
Do you piro to the right, or left. If left, it's with the torque of the heli, and I doubt you would stall the tail blades with a mortal piro rate. To the right, you need more tail thrust to achieve "blur" piros.

If your piro rate is the same to the left and to the right, then I would suspect some radio setup issue (dual rates), rather then a physical limitation.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 12:29 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys for the help,, i think i found out my prob,, first of all i have the DX 7 , not sure if different radios' make a difference but i did like i allways did when i had flybar setups,, and adjusted my travel adjustment (rudder) about 10 clicks both left & right and the tail is fast now, i guess it takes a little poking around here and there to figure out this flybarless thing,, but i am starting to like it the more i fly this bird,.I still fly my nitro flybar 700 , but this 600 is just madness,, i like
ball link is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just stripped my gears also. At 2100 rpm I was doing some upside down tic tocs and my tail blew out. I then heard a funny noise and so I landed the heli in time to inspect. Auto gear looks to be fine, but the umbrella gear set is wearing out.

I am now switching back to the stock setup. I an reluctant to put 105 tail blades due to the risk of the blades hitting eachother.
Ebartolome is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bummer. With the 4.5 ratio the gears are running at a higher RPM, so it seems reasonable that they would wear faster as well as be under greater stress.

With 105's and 600mm blades (not 603mm) I've had hundreds of flights without issue. Lots of other guys running 105's and I have yet to hear of an in flight case of the tail blades touching.

I still think 105's @ 2250-2300 gov'd is the best setup. Less vibration, less gear wear. Mine has been a real workhorse.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Bummer. With the 4.5 ratio the gears are running at a higher RPM, so it seems reasonable that they would wear faster as well as be under greater stress.

With 105's and 600mm blades (not 603mm) I've had hundreds of flights without issue. Lots of other guys running 105's and I have yet to hear of an in flight case of the tail blades touching.

I still think 105's @ 2250-2300 gov'd is the best setup. Less vibration, less gear wear. Mine has been a real workhorse.
I think I might just do that. How do you think it will run with a head speed at 2100? I'm not a stick banger, but do 3D and hope that it will still be safe.

I'll probably just get the 102's from KBDD. What do you think?

Thanks OTS for all the great advice!
Ebartolome is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #109 (permalink)

tail blades 95mm,,,,,perfect in fly 2200rpm and 2400rpm.....tail ratio not importan

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFf8ADkP3tY[/ame]

imagine 50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine 50 View Post
tail blades 95mm,,,,,perfect in fly 2200rpm and 2400rpm.....tail ratio not importan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFf8ADkP3tY

That flight was way too smooth with good collective mgmt to test the tail. ;-)

Try a full collective backwards inverted hurricane at 2200 and drop the tail into a full collective inverted funnel. Be ready for a 90 degree blow out.

A weak tail is fine when you know the limit. We all love the stock mcpx, but it requires great collective mgmt to 3D it well.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need help on this drive gear stuff. Is the the H60199 the stock gearing or is it 4.5:1 ratio?
https://www.readyheli.com/H60199-131...2_p_38710.html

Or do I still need to use the parts listed in the first post to do the speed up?

Signed,
So Confused
Fox222 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mod .8 gears are the lower tail speed ratio. What you're looking for are the tt gears used in the original 600e. You'll probably find that under a 600 esp section. The auto gear would be the "updated" hub that is not mod .8. The A part number if I recall. Most of this info should be on the first page. (ps, the older ratio gears come in 3 packs)

Mike Dipalo--Synergy RC, MKS Electronics
Commodore8888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore8888 View Post
Mod .8 gears are the lower tail speed ratio. What you're looking for are the tt gears used in the original 600e. You'll probably find that under a 600 esp section. The auto gear would be the "updated" hub that is not mod .8. The A part number if I recall. Most of this info should be on the first page. (ps, the older ratio gears come in 3 packs)
Thank you! I did get the gears listed in the first post and the gear mesh was so bad I would not fly it that way. So I put the 105mm blades on it and a longer tail fin.
I have not had the weather to try it yet but I'm sure it will hep.

john
Fox222 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Many folks have seen that. I guess Align figured they could get away with farther away gear lashing with a bigger modulus. Either way, a few folks including myself have slotted our frames only about a mm or 2 to get better mesh with both the .6 and .8 gears. I recently did up a whole test about the subject in a thread about stripped tail gears. The TLDR of it all was that under abnormally high load testing, I could blow out both gear mods with the stock mesh, but only heavily wear them when manually meshed.

Mike Dipalo--Synergy RC, MKS Electronics
Commodore8888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in