Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default blade 400..do I have to

hey folks....this may be a old question...but..I recently up-graded the old stock servos with the Jrs...do I need to reverse servos in the TX?...benn flyin this thing for years...has been a good flyer,but recently burnt out two of the servos...has the stock gyro...any help would be appreciated......

Thanks
tracks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Can you tell if they're operating in the proper directions?

Sent from my HTC Incredible
Old 03-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default 400

just got done installing them...took it out for a flight...and it is completely backwards...reversed everything in Tx....gonna try it again....are the stock servos digital?...will let ya know shortly....I love flyin em...am tryin to lolve workin on em.

thanks
Old 03-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

well ..that didnt work to good...seems the servos are working in the right direction....heli just seems to be flying ...like a rock...wont leave the ground....swash is level....tracking is spot on...beats the crap outta me..gotta be something in the rx.. wow..this is a bit baffling....anyone wanna have this 400...
Old 03-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Sorry I cant help much from the phone. Seems to me that the collective is backwards. Can you post a video from the bench showing stick and swash plate movements?

Sent from my HTC Incredible
Old 03-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

this heli is on the shelf...pulled servos..ESC..and RX...thanks for all the help...appreciate it...
Old 03-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

collective is operating correctly....up on stick ,swash is up...I believe it is in the rx...all wired correctly...but thanks for the help.....might try replacing Spectrum Rx...thanks
Old 03-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Swash should go down for positive collective on the B400.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracks View Post
collective is operating correctly....up on stick ,swash is up...I believe it is in the rx...all wired correctly...but thanks for the help.....might try replacing Spectrum Rx...thanks

Swash should go down when you push the collective up, as that increases pos pitch.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

thanks...had to go into servo reversing on TX...I still think rx is bad....up on stick...up on swash..as much as I love this hobby..I truly hate it......dont mind me...just a bit frustating at times..10% at mid-stick..flat at level...
Old 03-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
thanks...had to go into servo reversing on TX...I still think rx is bad....up on stick...up on swash..as much as I love this hobby..I truly hate it......dont mind me...just a bit frustating at times..10% at mid-stick..flat at level...
What radio?

Servo reversing is not where you reverse an entire CCPM function like collective pitch. You do that in your swash mix menu. The values there go on the positive and negative side. Positive moves a group of servos in one direction, negative moves the group in the opposite direction.

Have you watched Finless Bob's CCPM Setup Part 1 and Part 2 videos? He demonstrates the principles on a T-Rex 450, but they apply to the B400 just as well.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

I keep going back to the Finless vids...I just think I am missing something...battery full....good binding...up-stick.....up-swash...gotta be something in the RX...pulled motor wires...re-programmed ESC...by the way ,not the stock ESC...Castle 40amp...soft start...just cant figure this one out...
Old 03-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

TX is Dx6i...was sent back 2 yrs. ago...
Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

I do understand the reversing ...but what I have seen on this forum....when going from the stock 400 servos...especially with the Jrs...servo reversing is required in the TX....perhaps I mis-understood something...but going from analog to digital....is required...I do knw the stock servos worked fine for a-while...but the up-grade was inevitable...
Old 03-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just swapped mine to Hitecs and I had to go into my swash mix in my dx6i and negate some of the settings.
Mines:
Aile +60
Elev -60
pitch +60

It was opposite with the stockers.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

My HF Map location

tracks,

The basic rules of channel and swash mix reversing for CCPM are these:

Taking into account the movement for all three servos for elevator and/or collective to begin with.

1. If two of the three servos are moving properly, reverse the direction of the one servo that is not going along with the program. This is channel reversing.

2. If all three servos are moving properly, just in the wrong direction, reverse the value in Swash Mix from one side of "0" to the other. This is swash reversing.

Here are some examples:

When testing elevator function, pull back on the cyclic stick and hold it. Proper movement is for the swash plate to tilt backwards. This requires the two servos in back to pull down, and the front servo (elevator) to push up. Lets say the front servo is pulling down as well, this would be the servo not going along with the program. In this case, you would go into channel reversing the reverse the Elevator channel. That will get it moving in the proper direction.

Now lets say that you do the same thing, pull the cyclic stick backwards and the swash plate tilts forward. All three servos are moving properly, just in the wrong direction. In this case you would not do channel reversing. Instead you would go into the Swash Mix menu and adjust the value for ELEV. Whatever it is, lets say +60.........adjust it to -60. That will reverse the direction of all three servos and the swash plate should tilt the proper direction now.

The same principles apply to collective. Once you get those working properly and in the right direction, Aileron should function properly. If it's backwards, reverse it in the swash mix menu.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

my settings..

Alie-+45
Elev- -55
Pitch-+45

for what its worth...its gotta be a bad tap between Rx and Tx
Old 03-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

Bob..Two cyclis are working properly..elevator as well..cyclis tilting swash forward..I went into swash in TX and reversed...changed from 45+ to 45-....I do understand the reversing process...I am going to try it now..will let ya know
Old 03-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #19 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Bob..Two cyclis are working properly..elevator as well..cyclis tilting swash forward..I went into swash in TX and reversed...changed from 45+ to 45-....I do understand the reversing process...I am going to try it now..will let ya know
tracks,

This isn't trial and error. You shouldn't make a change and then have to try it to see if it works. If you have all the swash servos properly set, it WILL work. Here's what to look for:

1. Move the collective stick (left stick on Mode 2 Tx) Up, all three swash servos should move together and move the swash plate down while keeping it level. Stick down, swash Up.

2. Move the cyclic stick (right stick on Mode 2 Tx) Up, the swash plate should tilt forward. The front servo should pull the swash plate down, while the rear servos should push the swash plate up. Stick down, swash should tilt backwards.

3. Move the cyclic stick to the right, swash plate should tilt to the right. Right servo will pull down, left servo will push up. Stick left, swash should tilt left.

If your swash plate is not doing this, something is not set properly. You can't go reversing servos one at a time until it's right, that won't work. You'll be chasing your tail around all day. Normally it's just one servo (channel) that needs to be reversed and the rest is done in Swash Mix.

Post a video if you can of your swash plate movements with stick movements, and we'll help you with what needs to be changed.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Excellent posts Bob O!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in