Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 02:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry Swash Stuffed

So last Thursday I planted her big time.

Doing big fast figure 8s and forgot I had my crappy 12c battery in there and underestimated the lack of power and sunk her hard into the dirt. Pieces of heli went everywhere.

Now I am slowly tallying up the pieces and I reckon it's gonna be a $150 crash. The plastic boom block opened up stripping all the threads, so theres $72 Aussie on a new CNC boom block. The gear broke so I need to bite the bullet and get gorilla gear, and as the paddles flew off to another state, I will get the Programmable paddles to, so that is $50 in total (Aussie).

Weirdest of all, I damaged my swashplate. When I found the heli it had the swash smashed downwards flush against the main bearing housing and the ball socket is now all stiff (I think the swash got warped in the impact). Anyone had this happen. ANyways, can I use the new V2 swash the rest of my head that is V1?

Thanks guys, man am I annoyed about this crash, I can't believe how much it's adding up too

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on." - Billy Connolly
halfcab1981 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2007, 06:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry about your crash, I think that the V2 Swash plate may work, I was looking and I dont think that mains shafts are different betweent he V1 and V2 kit. Give it a try and let us know.
twirlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2007, 06:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think the boom block just has four aluminum tubes that are threaded. I bet you can just replace those. As for the swash, anything can break in a crash, but it has never happened to me. And I am an expert in crashing.
ckoelliker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcab1981 View Post
ANyways, can I use the new V2 swash the rest of my head that is V1?
Yes, they are interchangeable

Sorry about the wreck
Old 08-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckoelliker View Post
I think the boom block just has four aluminum tubes that are threaded. I bet you can just replace those. As for the swash, anything can break in a crash, but it has never happened to me. And I am an expert in crashing.

Yeah that would be the case if I my existing block was CNC but I only have the plastic one from the CF frame upgrade....Once I get the aluminium block this problem won't happen again.

THanks for the info guys. I just ordered all my replacement parts (new v2 swash) and not including gorilla gear and paddles it came to $150 Aus which is about $135 US...oh well. Luck I love this hobby.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on." - Billy Connolly
halfcab1981 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in