Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

This thing is unsafe. A tail grip flew off in a hover and hit me in the face.
Jebsmith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #62 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
I bought both mine back when they first released in the UK but I hardly flew them until last week when the indoor season started. Honestly I could not be without them now. Without any official confirmation and release date, If I didn't have one already I would be ordering it right this minute. When HH release the V2 I will buy one and either sell one of my V1 or strip it down for spares.
This...........I love mine, just ordered a second one yesterday. 40 flights and no issues thus far.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What's everyone talking about a V2 I have a V2. The only thing left stock on my 130 is frame, main gear, tail boom, servo linkage rod, and servos. Which my 130 is grounded because no servo in stock anywhere.

What we need is someone to make aftermarket servos. Because stock servos are junk.

Mine flew great except for the servo problem.
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebsmith View Post
Sorry to hear that. Hope you're OK. As small as these helis are, none of them are safe at close distance.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogupgo View Post
What's everyone talking about a V2 I have a V2. The only thing left stock on my 130 is frame, main gear, tail boom, servo linkage rod, and servos. Which my 130 is grounded because no servo in stock anywhere.

What we need is someone to make aftermarket servos. Because stock servos are junk.

Mine flew great except for the servo problem.
Amen, in that case we are testing for the V3 version, but I love mine and awaiting the second one that i hope gets here tomorrow
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a 130x and not planing on getting a v2 unless it has beastX.
But i think that is highly unlikely.
It looks like the 130x will be hanging around though with Blade making upgrade parts.
apott63 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ouch

Quote:
I had the tail grip and blade fly off yesterday too. Hit my hand luckily.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr512 View Post
I had the tail grip and blade fly off yesterday too. Hit my hand luckily.
Had this happen to me... three times...

Now...
Each and every time this happened, it was because I didn't apply threadlock to the screw on the tail grip, or did not check there was some threadlock applied to it before flying a new 130x...

Heli is not a toy blah blah blah... you know how it goes...
Never fly without checking there's no excessive play anywhere, never fly at close distance...
If you do, then you take the chance for such mishaps to happen (I know it's true for sure, cause I tried for myself -_-)
Bisso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd be interested in a V2, but that square boom, square tail gear box and those weird frame holes have got to go. They add an ugly factor to it, and as a consumer I like my stuff to look cool.

This plus the primary mods that are made out of the box and I'd be interested.

Count me out for the V1.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

my main blade flew off in mid flight yesterday. OMG did it drop like a rock ! The root of the stock F.F blade must have split,the bolt was still in the hole but no blade. gone in 60 sec. OUCH ! DAMAGE WAS: frame destroyed at B gear bearing retainer as the violent shake on the fall blew the B gear out . And of course the main blade needs to be replaced. But other than that mechanical mishap my V2 Is awesome. Best flying little heli I have ever flown. Just be warned the aftermarket metal parts make this thing drop Luke a rock when you have failures in mid air.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: 130X V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by only8ight View Post
whats the point of V2? we all figured and we all made the V1 to fly better!!
Not having to figure it out to make it fly better?

I'm happy with mine. But I have sunk too much money into it in replacement parts and the odd upgrade. Don't think I'd get a v2. At least not the first few months after launch.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no v2 and probably wont be LOL! The best thing blade could do for this heli is redesign the frame to take rotary servos. Of course if they did you can bet your butt that the servos with it would be borderline junk!!! Blade makes their money selling you replacement parts, like 17 dollar junk linear servos that are so sloppy it is ridiculous. They do not make squat on the heli itself LOL!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
There is no v2 and probably wont be LOL! The best thing blade could do for this heli is redesign the frame to take rotary servos....
I called Blade the other day for a little assistance with servos. I asked the 'tech' which servos he'd recommend for the rotary servo advanced X-frame THEY carry, and you know what he said (which really doesn't surprise me), we don't recommend ANY other servo for this helicopter, EXCEPT the stock servos. He wouldn't even try to help, just, "We don't recommend any other servos for this helicopter, except the stock servos). So, they sell a product that they don't even recommend you use...WOW, now THAT'S freaking brilliant! That's like saying not to use the Extended batteries for it that they sell either!
Spektrum DX9
pkm_heliman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 07:13 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Big 130X HIstory here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang281472 View Post
Balancing tail blades isnt really what i consider "modding" and most issues are happening as a result of the tail blades being out of balance and causing nasty harmonic through machine. And the oring mod is a $2 fix. For how well this little heli flys and crashes its well worth getting and not waiting for a V2
I bought a 130X over a year ago. It vibrated so badly the board shut the heli down. Or, the damn thing would just flop over before getting airborne. HH told me it was normal. "Just power past the vib" they said. I told them I would if I could. After much bitching they finally gave me my money back.

Now it's a year later and I've read many posts about the 130X. Because I wanted a capable heli that could take a crash I gave it another try. This time I have some vibes but so much less that I can just punch it up into the air and I'm good. No tail balancing, no nothing. Right out the of the box I was doing beautiful inverted hovering and back to right side up with ease. Flips are great. Barrel rolls and loops and even my best version of a hurricane.

Then I did it today. I was at a local school and I got the thing lined up perfectly in the sun. Next thing I knew it was SLAMMING into the grass. I picked it up to find one of the blades bent. I actually bent it back straight by hand and put it back up into the air. Did two more batteries and went home. When home I noticed the swash looked skewed.

It was. The bar that rides up and down in the anti-rotation bracket was NOT in the slot but next to it. The damn thing still flew inverted and did rolls, flips, and loops.

I put things back in order by just giving full pitch so I could more easily get the parts back together correctly. With no disassembly by the way. And it's back to normal great flying again.

I am now a certified 130X convert. I wouldn't mind maybe more motor power but hey, in this hobby, if you can buy a ready to fly heli that with little or no mods (Balancing the tail blades is NOT a mod. I did not have to even do that though) for $200 or less (AMAINHOBBIES, $190) that will EASILY fly inverted and do the standard maneuvers than you have a winner.

We all know just how overpriced much or all this heli gear is, so if I can put in an order and a day or two later be flying my limited 3D as well as a 450 size heli that doesn't require a lot of money and time EVERY time I crash than I'm a happy camper.

Now if things keep going the way they look like they might, and we are able to get heli gear for increasingly less money, than we will all be better off.

A friend at the field today thinks that helis are getting cheaper because so many folks want multi rotors that fly and land themselves now. I don't know but whatever brings the prices down is O.K. by me.

I do agree with another poster though. When you spend hard earned money and immediately have to RE-WORK the heli parts in order to fly, it just bites! I'm doing my first real ground up build. A T-REX 450 PRO DFC. I've had to lap one of the washers so the the head wouldn't bind when tightened up, bought a new slide nut for the tail because it was damaged from the factory, and also bought nuts and bolts for the tail servo mount because the self-tapping screws are going into a hole with only enough depth to take maybe one and half threads and two of the four stripped. I'm a machinist and know how to thread a hole by the way.

I must say I'm a little upset with Align. What do they care right? They know you want to fly the thing badly and will do whatever it takes to fix their poor engineering and or workmanship. It's really a sad state of affairs.

Anyhow, I'm off the point. The 130X in my opinion is a great value considering the current state of affairs in the hobby. I'm having a real blast flying it and so far had a horrible crash and put it right back up in the air. Not bad.
justwannahavefun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydekay View Post
I'd be interested in a V2, but that square boom, square tail gear box and those weird frame holes have got to go. They add an ugly factor to it, and as a consumer I like my stuff to look cool.

This plus the primary mods that are made out of the box and I'd be interested.

Count me out for the V1.

As photographs go if they're not of helicopters I will have to defer to gogupgo's pic. Just sayin'
justwannahavefun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkm_heliman View Post
I called Blade the other day for a little assistance with servos. I asked the 'tech' which servos he'd recommend for the rotary servo advanced X-frame THEY carry, and you know what he said (which really doesn't surprise me), we don't recommend ANY other servo for this helicopter, EXCEPT the stock servos. He wouldn't even try to help, just, "We don't recommend any other servos for this helicopter, except the stock servos). So, they sell a product that they don't even recommend you use...WOW, now THAT'S freaking brilliant! That's like saying not to use the Extended batteries for it that they sell either!
Hey he didn't say you had to, just that he recommended and just in case you know better he'll sell you the others of your choice sounds like a wise and shrewd business man to me a fair one too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in