Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lockout/Glitch today, now what

I had a crash with my 500 last week, and up until we have concluded that I forgot to hit idle-up before I did a flip. Just as I hit inverted I lost power and down she went.

Rebuilt her the same day, and today was the first day in a week or so with weather for flying. I spolled her up, and noticed a small wag in the tail just as I moved into a hover. Did a few climbout and noticed nothing more. Did some easy figure8's, and a couple of stallturn. Twice during the climbs in the stall, we noticed the tail did the same small wag. Hardly noticable, but lets say 10-15 degress back and forth a couple of times. We agreed there was something wrong, and I was just about to turn around and land when the engine just stopped mid-turn, and the whole thing fel dead to the ground. Damage was minimal, blades, flybar and a servo. The main gears was actually torn, so I figure the engine must have started again the second the damn thing hit the ground. The whole flight lasted maybe 1 or 2 mins.

I have about 15 flight on this before, never had any issues. I got mine with the same shipment as two of my friends, and they have atleast 50 flights between them without any issues. I use a AR6200, 401 witt 9257 and 3 Hitec 5245, everything stock on the 500 and nothing ground. I did use some silicon on the belt during assembly.

I stopped reading up on the glitch threads a some weeks ago as I was very happy with the fact my bird wasent amoung those with the problem.... Now I need to read up on it tho it seems, and Im wondering how people who have had the problem have resolved it?
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

the trex 500 doesn't have an engine? or do you mean the electric motor...
jackp1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2008, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

my 500 has an engine, yours doesn't?
chuckk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well motor then. Notice location saying Norway, meaning English aint my native language. Thanks for the bump tho...
Old 03-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Felborn, read the sticky thread on static and ground the boom and pulleys. Rdlohr just made a post showing a very clean way to do it.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2008, 12:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

another easy way, is to buy a tin of graphite 33 & spray your belt & main rotor hub then you wont get any static..the only problem is you have to spray your belt after maybe 15-20 flights & the rotor hub goes a dark gray & looks ugly but it works .. i also found that changing the stock tail hub, with the metal upgrade, and the spray works easier than putting wires & tin all over the place to ground it. have a look at the metal tail upgrade, its definatly worth the investment here is a link to what it looks like...

http://www.align.com.tw/shop/index.php?cPath=22_72_93
jackp1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Felborn, read the sticky thread on static and ground the boom and pulleys. Rdlohr just made a post showing a very clean way to do it.

Bob
Thanks Bob! Here is the thread:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...155#post599155

Rick
rdlohr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im not sure if im missing something, but all we are trying to do is to ground the boom to the frame?
Do I need to ground the tail rotor shaft as well, and how much of this problem will be solved simply by fitting the metal tail unit?
Old 03-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by felborn View Post
Im not sure if im missing something, but all we are trying to do is to ground the boom to the frame?
Do I need to ground the tail rotor shaft as well, and how much of this problem will be solved simply by fitting the metal tail unit?
Ideally you want continuity from the frame to the front pully through the boom to a metal tail unit and rear pulley. You want both ends of the belt to be at the same potential and that to be the same as the frame. Putting graphite or something else conductive on the belt does about the same thing.

Rick
rdlohr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh well, guess I got some work to do tomorrow then. Will ground the bearing in both ends to the frame, and possible to the motormount as well, then I hope and pray things will work out.

Not to happy with the 500 at this point. This lockout crap is one thing, but not beeing able to get parts for it for 2 months now just sucks. Finally got a pair of cheap blades, and they dont last two mins in the air even... Canopy looks like something from out of Frankenstein, but I guess it will have to do for a few more flight until they start shipping.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default i been hearing this over and over

hey bob
can you tell align to fix there heli. All of us spent 1000.00 more more on 500 that have blow out and glitches and been cradhing mine glitchs so bad scard to fly it
mike04743 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in