Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcc963
for all that its about 416.65 plus shipping . that kinda expensive but then agian this is ready to fly. i might have to do this. i only need 416.00 dollars more :mrgreen: tell me what you think of this setup.
Hate to say this, but I've got less than that in my Trex.
zooland1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2006, 04:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hate to say this, but I've got less than that in my Trex.
i know i have way less than that in my rex too. and it flies wonderful. infact i got the rex RTF for less than that which is sick when you think about it.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #23 (permalink)

I bought the HDX 300 kit to get a better quality micro. The stock HB is junk. Quality costs money. I actually decided to keep my HB stock. I'm building a custom Micro based on the HDX300 kit. I figure it will be stronger and more stable than the HB. With a gyro controlled belt driven tail, it should be easier to learn on. I may wrong, but I'll give it a try.
ronaldf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2006, 10:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I figure it will be stronger and more stable than the HB. With a gyro controlled belt driven tail, it should be easier to learn on.
no your probably right that it will be easier to learn on a belt driven heli but it will be more expensive in the beggining. :mrgreen:
Old 08-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just ordered the HDX300 motor from helidirect because the Eflite 370 came in contact with the Eflite servo arm. the HDX looks to be shorter and is pictured mounted next to an Eflite servo. Think its a pretty good deal, $25 3800kv.
jetblue2135 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #26 (permalink)

After doing some measuring, I found the front servo mount to be a little over 1 tenth of a inch too far forward from the stock position as compared to the main shaft position. The rear servo mounts are closer to 1 tenth to far forward. Stock parts will have a hard time fitting, including the stock motor. Any motor greater than 22 mm may be a tight fit. The front servo will need to be moved rearward.

The other thing that I noticed is the entire frame could have been a little wider. The motor mounting bolt slots are awful close to the frame sides. The slots are narrower than the stock motor. That requires the motor to be turned to align the holes with the slots. No big deal, but it places one mounting bolt under the main gear making it harder to access.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Any motor greater than 22 mm may be a tight fit.
by this do you mean in width or hight?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #28 (permalink)

In diameter. This will vary according to the pinion diameter. The larger the pinion the more the motor moves away from the servo arm. I'm in the process of mounting the servos about .25 inch farther back so I can use the larger T-Rex link balls on the servo arms and the CNC head. I have a 27mm diameter motor and it will not fit even after moving the servo back. The larger link ball adds to the problem. I have a 22mm brushless and it just fits. Using stock servos, arms, and z links may still rub on a stock motor.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

what canopies are you guys using? I think I'm gonna go with the new CP Pro canopy.....saw one in the LHS the other day, looks cool! should fit
Old 08-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

id put a t-rex canopy on there but thats just me. just about any micro heli canopy can fit.
wcc963 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2006, 08:01 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys I need some help...Im using a JR642 TX and am trying to set up the radio. im using a JR R700 receiver.can anyone give me advice on how to properly set it up, my servos are all over the place and am confused as to how to get them to play together nicely ;-)
Old 08-10-2006, 06:39 PM   #32 (permalink)

Default Tight servo mount

Well I finally got my servos mounted in a way that I feel comfortable with. I had to space them with the white plastic blocks. The control links to the swash are as vertical as I can get them and still have clearance for a 27 mm diameter motor. The motor will have to have a 13T pinion to maintain the clearance. I’m going to try my Feigao motor first (22 mm) . It has plenty of clearance and should yield head speed of 1600 to 1900 RPM. I already had the 400DB 3200KV motor (pictured) but I think it is a little too much for the HDX300. It would yield a heed speed of about 2600 at 11V. The photos show the clearance between the 400DB and front servo arm. The other shows the servo arm clearance of the rear servo and the back of the front servo. Very tight fit but the links are very close to vertical and parallel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00775.jpg (1.71 MB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg dsc00777.jpg (1.67 MB, 107 views)
Old 08-10-2006, 10:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Nice.... i figured spacers would be needed for servos other than the HS55.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #34 (permalink)

For all that have the HDX300 belt drive kit -

What motor are you using? What problems did you have installing it? How did you resolve the problems?

I have tried three motors. The stock CP2 , a 400DB from HeliDirect, and a Feigao 1808434S. The mounting hole spacing on all three are equal and wider than the mounting slots of the HDX300, requiring the motors to be rotated to line up the holes with the slots. This places one of the mounting bolts under the main gear. A hex bolt will be required with a cut down hex wrench to fit between the bolt and gear. The mounting bolts on the stock and 400DB motors are larger in diameter than the slots on the HDX300.

As soon as I can get to my LHS which is 50 miles away, I am going to get washers to use as spacers so I can widen the frame. After that I can widen the slots so the motor can be mounted without the mounting bolt heads hitting the CF frame sides.

It appears that the frame should have been about 3 mm wider with wider motor mounting slots that are spaced slightly wider.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Nice.... i figured spacers would be needed for servos other than the HS55.
bob it looks like hes using spacers though.
wcc963 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I dont know what motor HD sent me but one set of holes does line up with the motor mount just fine. I will ask him what motor it is but I think it is a 300 size.

Bob
Old 08-11-2006, 04:32 PM   #37 (permalink)

Steve probably sent you the HDX300 Brushless Outrunner 3800KV. That is the one that is recommended.
I’m just a beginner and am not familiar enough with motors to know how many different mounting hole configurations there are. The purpose of the earlier post was to find out if the motors that I have are odd ball or if this was a common problem with mounting a variety of available motors. It appears that others are having the same problem. The slots are being filed larger, mounting screws are being filed down to clear the frame sides and the motors are being rotated to align the mounting holes with the slots which places one of the bolts under the main gear.
I ended up removing the mounting plate, mounting the motor to the plate, and then replacing the plate. It took a couple of times before I got the gear mesh adjusted properly.
I’m now waiting for a new Rx. As soon as it gets here I can get the head and electronics set up.

wcc963,

I’m using Futaba 3110s.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #38 (permalink)

Those who have flying HDX300s

Have any of you added trust washers at the two main shaft bearings?

When I assembled, the main shaft, it did not turn as smoothly as I felt it should. The upper retaining collar has a “stepped” collar but it seemed too large to ride only on the inner race. Both the belt drive pulley and the upper retaining collar appeared to have rub marks on them from the support tube. I took a couple of spare stepped washers from the blade shaft assembly that I had laying around and used them as thrust washers on each bearing. The washers fit the shaft perfectly. Now the whole main shaft assembly rotates smooth as silk.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #39 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Ronaldf, yes I had to add a washer between the belt pulley and the lower main shaft bearing. I told Steve about this and he agreed.

Bob
Old 08-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

here's the big question.. Are parts going to be available for this bird? I've got some extra $$ lying around and have considered it, but if simple crash parts aren't available, it's not worth the time/effort to build up.

I'm having a problem with my CNC frame equipped CP now. Bent the tailboom and the people who manufacture the frame won't sell just the boom so I'm having to find raw material at the local metal supply house and making my own. Not a show-stopper, but a pain in the butt..

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in