Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > mQX

mQX Blade mQX Quad Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The mQ X Flop

Ha s anyone else experienced the mQ X flop? It seems like every time I take it out it ends up upside down, at least once. Granted it is usually due to my expert talent for overcorrecting but I have also noticed that when you give it elevator or aileron it has the tendency to continue to move along the input axis unlike my mSR X which seems to hold a specific angle for the given input axis. I think that may also be part of why it is harder to make banked turns.
However it does make it flip and roll easy. I can’t hardly turn it or do FFF, but get it about 40 ft up and I can flip it and roll it with no effort at all at least until I start over correcting… Then it’s Flop time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The AS3X actually holds it's angles very well on mine.

Are you sure you don't have trims on your transmitter? Are you using a real radio or the one in the RTF package?

The mQX really shines on a computerized radio. (DX6i and up). That way, you can set expo, DR, etc and have REAL fun.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine flys great on a jr9303 though I find I need 5 points of left rudder trim on a fresh battery and when it gets close to 3.7 volts resting voltage during flight the left trim needs to be taken out or it will start yawing left rudder with no input. It is not to bothersome as It is kind of an indication to land it. I dont like dropping my batteries to the flashing cutoff on the thing anyway's
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I use a DX6i, the trims are not set and I have set Expo so I don't get to carried away. It's acted like this since I took it out of the box.Odd...
Old 05-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know what kind of wind you fly in but this little thing is a ball inside. I live on the east coast of florida and have had it outside in 10mph gusts and it then becomes NOT FUN. This little thing does not handle any kind of a breeze at all period but is still a blast!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I enjoy flying it in the wind, makes it a little more tricky, but I think it makes for a better pilot when you do get an unexpected gust.

As far as the angle changes go, lets say you are going left cyclic. The right side engines will keep spinning faster than the left to achieve the tilt and will maintain that speed until it pushes the MQX over. Once you set your angle, back off your cyclic and use small inputs to maintain.

I'm still working on bank turns as well. I've found that hitting your bank first with a bit while pulling the nose up before you move your rudder helps get the nose pointed up through the turn. I get a good 20 feet up befor eI do this though because I have a tendancy to overdue the cyclic inputs. I'm rather shocked I haven't snapped an arm with some of the cartwheels that have resulted.
ErikIL77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I call that "turtling" when it ends up on it's back. Keep joking and saying I'm going to hook up an ejector to flip it back upright when that happens.

But mind holds great. Usually it ends up on it's back from an over-input when trying to bring it to a hard stop, almost like a stall turn.
Kumba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hmm it could be that I'm just not letting off the cyclic enough... As for where I fly mostly indoors due to the Texas wind.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default disagree

my brother and i (both have mCPx (1 and 2)) and are really newbies to RC helis.
we took the two mCPx out in 20 m/ph easy.
take off was tricky of course but once in the air they was very easy to control.
i decided to try the mQX in the same wind and did. not as steady as the mCPx but not by so much.
again take offs were 'squirly' but once in the air the gyros did a supreme job.
i had the mQX hovering tail in with only throttle, very little rudder and no aileron stick input and the gyros had the bird tilted about 30 degrees into the wind to hold it's course(hover). do not fly within a few feet of the ground in this wind as it (the mQX and not so much the mPCx) tended to 'suck' itself to the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
I don't know what kind of wind you fly in but this little thing is a ball inside. I live on the east coast of florida and have had it outside in 10mph gusts and it then becomes NOT FUN. This little thing does not handle any kind of a breeze at all period but is still a blast!
revpaul is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in