Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50

Thunder Tiger 30/50 Raptor 30, Raptor 50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Raptor 50 and DX6i setting help?

I am trying to help someone set up a used Raptor 50 that had a Futaba radio in it. He has a DX6i and 6200 Rx. What Swash type do you set? The DX6i has only 90 one servo or ccpm. How do I set it? When set at 90 the swash doesnt move up and down with the throttle. If set at ccpm it moves up and down but the swash doesnt move front and back. I assume it needs to be set to 90 but not sure.
Steelerssuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

raptortechnique.com will tell you everything
Old 10-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, I checked over there but only could find settings for a DX7. I have and am fimaliar with the DX7 but I'm helping someone else set up their Raptor with a DX6i and its slightly different. I'm trying to figure out Swash type settings, as the DX6i only has 90 deg 1 servo or 120 ccpm. I was looking for someone to confirm what swash it should be set on.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Raptor 50 is a "one servo 90 degree" swash on a Dx6i (well, that's what mines set up on anyhow).
Not to sure why your swash isn't moving up and down, is the servo ok? .... as there is not really a whole lot to go wrong setting up the Raptor on the Dx6i.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes 90 degree is your setting. You need to go through each axis indivdually. I did this exact same thing with mine. I bought it used with a Futaba RX and installed a 6200 with my DX6i. Here are my settings if that helps you any.

All servos are set to Normal none are reversed

Swash Type 1 servo 90

Throttle curve Normal 0 25 41 46 70
Throttle Idle up 100 61 54 61 100

Pitch Normal 30 40 50 75 100
Pitch Idle up 0 25 50 75 100

This give me plus or minus 12 in idle up.

This info is courtesy of JKEP44 from another post

Lucky for you the raptor is super easy to hook up. The servo that makes the swashplate tip left and right goes to aileron, the one that tips the swashplate forward and backward goes to elevator. The servo that makes the swashplate move up and down goes to Aux1. Throttle goes to throttle, battery to battery, the tail servo connects to the gyro output wire from the gyro then the wires go from the gyro to the rudder and gear channels (some gyros are a little different so it depends on what you have)
Based on what you are asking I would say your best bet is go to finless bobs tech room on this website (near the top) and watch some heli skills 101 vids. Good info there in video format.

Hope this helps. PM me if you still can't figure it out. Doubt you'll get much DX6i help she's a dinosaur these days.
Align 700N LE BeastX
Avidflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, I had a couple things plugged in wrong, namely the pitch and remote gain wire from the gyro. You mention that none of your servos are reversed, but it seems this one needs to be reversed on a few channels. When you throttle up the swash shoild move upward shouldnt it? And as you stand begind the heli,shouldn't the swash go lower in the direction you push the right stick? Ex. pushing right aileron would lower the right side of the swash plate, and pushing the right stick forward would lower the front of the swash plate. Is this correct? I had to reverse a few channels to get this to work this way. I am waiting for the starter wand to fire it up,but want to check pitch angles and need to make sure the swash is moving correctly to check the angles and set the curves. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-17-2016, 10:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avidflyer View Post
Yes 90 degree is your setting. You need to go through each axis indivdually. I did this exact same thing with mine. I bought it used with a Futaba RX and installed a 6200 with my DX6i. Here are my settings if that helps you any.

All servos are set to Normal none are reversed

Swash Type 1 servo 90

Throttle curve Normal 0 25 41 46 70
Throttle Idle up 100 61 54 61 100

Pitch Normal 30 40 50 75 100
Pitch Idle up 0 25 50 75 100

This give me plus or minus 12 in idle up.

This info is courtesy of JKEP44 from another post

Lucky for you the raptor is super easy to hook up. The servo that makes the swashplate tip left and right goes to aileron, the one that tips the swashplate forward and backward goes to elevator. The servo that makes the swashplate move up and down goes to Aux1. Throttle goes to throttle, battery to battery, the tail servo connects to the gyro output wire from the gyro then the wires go from the gyro to the rudder and gear channels (some gyros are a little different so it depends on what you have)
Based on what you are asking I would say your best bet is go to finless bobs tech room on this website (near the top) and watch some heli skills 101 vids. Good info there in video format.

Hope this helps. PM me if you still can't figure it out. Doubt you'll get much DX6i help she's a dinosaur these days.
Thanks Avidflyer (",)

I'm in the process of setting up two Raptors on Spektrum rx's and a DX9
One I picked up as parts and the other blew a starter shaft bearing ages ago. It melted the frame around the bearing so it wasn't a quick fix...!
I flew it with a FF9 and 35 meg Futaba rx so I thought I'd go modern on both. I don't have much experience so it's taken a while to get them sorted. I was stuck trying to get the tx to make the swash behave and happened across your post. All sorted now and getting ready to fuel up and chuck them around the sky (",)

Thanks again
sj1971 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in