Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Belt cp cnc main grips on e smart

Maybe something you guys want to truy as a tail grip option.

Had a few miscellanious cnc belt cp parts layin around and thought id tinker. I found that, the belt /trex v1 f-shaft is the same diameter as the bolt for the stock tail grips. The only thing i didnt like about it was the grips were longer so it put the rotor diameter even with the tail fin.

So what i did was cut off the inner bearing area and smoothed it flat to the surface where the ball is mounted. So now the stock hub bolts up to the inside bearing. I also filed about 1-2mm off the stock hub to bring the rotor diameter in just a tad bit more. Find a bolt that gets a good thread amount. I used longer bolts and cut them down to just where they dont hit the tail shaft so i get maxixmum grab. theres still a good amount of meat left on the hub so nothing to treally worry about.. Then just assemble the grip as it would be on the main rotor: bolt, thrust bearing, spacer, inner bearing( grip). I use red loctite because im running 6s and apparently 10,000 rpm is unsafe for a belt drive system like the es's. Just a little bitta extra peice of mind.

seems to be holding up.

Last edited by onehot69stepside; 11-18-2008 at 03:11 AM..
onehot69stepside is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2008, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

took a few pics. Oh yeah, youll also have to put trex size balls on the grips. The esky balls are tiny.

was doing some pretty hard piros today and still slop free so i think there holding up well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-0120.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	69597   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-0121.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	69598  
Old 11-18-2008, 03:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually got to thinking about it and there is really actually nothing holding the grip from slipping off the bearing back inwards toward the tail shaft. The centrifugal force holds it obviously the other way. Not like its easy getting thoses bearings out, man is that a pain, i have to break them to get them out. You would have to ram the tail grip staright into a brick wall for that bearing to pop out of there.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thats a cool option for the tail blades, I never would have thought Belt CP main grip would fit
nuttcaze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wanted to take a v2 grip off my head and see how that fir but i couldnt bring myself to dissassemble my perfectly flying 450
Old 11-19-2008, 02:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yeah, sometimes it really doesn't pay to mess with stuff that ain't broke, lol
Old 11-20-2008, 04:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

maybe ill give a shot now, since i drove my belt into the ground today. And then lost one of my brand new gorilla paddles down the storm drain. Dont forget to take it off idle up if your gunna bail out.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

damn that sucks, I just rebuilt my ES600 after its crash the other day, the biggest thing thats making me mad though is my comp died , the one that had the video of my crash, and a whole bunch of vids I've taken, arrrrgh, stupid computers
Old 11-20-2008, 04:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

you should be able to get those video's off the hard drive if its plugged into a different computer,my computer went down and a mate in the know managed to find and save all the stuff I needed
henry
henryd123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2008, 06:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well the plus side to that is I have 2 identical comps right next to each other but i haven't been in the mood to mess with it so......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in