Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess guys I don't really understand why anyone would want to use the sats over say the 612bx receiver. That receiver is full range. Small not much difference between it and a sat for the size. It is a little thicker. Gives you 2 antennas that are very good. One wire going to the receiver and it is way more robust than the sat wires so you don't have to worry about them breaking even tho it could happen. Did see it happen on a futaba sbus system once but I would consider that a rarity. Plus you get full telemetry. Weight is only 5 grams more which to have 2 antennas is peanuts and if you use 2 sats then the weight is the same. You also eliminate the low sat voltage problems that spectrum had with the sats and don't have to worry about putting caps on to fix it or anything. I will say this much after getting rid of the sats and going to a receiver I will never put a sat back on any of my helis. I have 0 problems now for the last 2 years after getting away from them.
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2015, 03:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

JR Japan is pushing the RA02TL and MiniTAGS combo pretty hard. In truth, the 612 / MiniTAGS / XBus Adapter Cable is just about the same thing. I would just get the 712 since I don't like fold up cardboard RX cases - a really terrible invention of Spektrum.
Four Stroker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2015, 11:43 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Stroker View Post
JR Japan is pushing the RA02TL and MiniTAGS combo pretty hard. In truth, the 612 / MiniTAGS / XBus Adapter Cable is just about the same thing. I would just get the 712 since I don't like fold up cardboard RX cases - a really terrible invention of Spektrum.
JR might agree with you, FS... they have a hard case version of the 612 coming out, the RG613BX. They showed it at the Tokyo hobby show :

JR Japan Product Link

Hard case version of the RA02TL as well, the RA03TL :

( Pictures sourced from this blog : )
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/takao_air_h...8044.html?m=lc

2 new 8 channel receivers coming as well :

RG812BX Jr Propo Link

RG812BPX Jr Propo Link

I was hoping they would be coming out with some smaller x-bus dedicated recievers this year, oh well, maybe later
pigpen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2015, 01:11 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looking good! Like the rg612 but the softcase is a nogo.
One thing i don't unterstand in case of the Receiver Development : if you can't use the ppm outputs while using xbus mode b - why are they necessary for users who want a receiver for flybarless systems only? This is why i'm asking for a remote antenna for FBL-Use only.
The rg031 will be fine, but to much cables.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:45 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is what the RA03TL is for. Full range full power telemetry receiver with just one wire to the TAGS mini. So you want one with only XBus output ?

Looks like you want an inverse XBus to TAGS mini cable ? JR ??????
Old 11-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dennis P

Got a couple questions about ur setup for the Jr RG 712BX and or the RG 731BX connections to the SK 540 (Clear or not I don't think it matters)
Now in your photo here on the RAO2TL Diversity Antennae Thread

The Brown and Yellow coming out of the X-Bus port is connected to which color on the spectrum plug ? Black or White ? U got heat shrink over it and I cannot tell

Also which plug on the SK does the the 2 wire plug from the Bind/Batt/Sens plug on Rx go to ? and you say this is also how the Rx gets power

I am not quite grasping that yet , where as with the loom the ESC power wire goes to the Rx , But if you could explain or is there another Y wire to be made here ?

I really want to get rid of these wire looms and trad Rx package for the SK 540 , Can you now run the Sk Gov. ?

I tried with the modded wire and running the DMSS sat. only and could not get the CC Edge lite ESC to arm , went thru it with Georgi also and could never get it to work

Now I take it with this setup you cannot run telemetry ? Or Can you ?

Also do I plug the sat. into the Rx also ? Whether it be a RAO1T or a RAO1TL or even the RAO2TL Diversity Antennae ?

Thanks I really appreciate any help here mate
Falung_69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2015, 11:15 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anybody know the difference between the RG 731 BX and the RG 712BX ?

I got both and just picked up the 712 , cause well it was cheaper

Thanks for any info here
Falung_69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2015, 06:20 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falung_69 View Post
Does anybody know the difference between the RG 731 BX and the RG 712BX ?

I got both and just picked up the 712 , cause well it was cheaper

Thanks for any info here
731 uses traditional antennas and a satellite for diversity and telemetry, where the 712 only has two diversity antennas for both receive and transmit. Both are full range.

The Ra02TL is designed to be used in place of the traditional satellite where one would need the RX and satellite to be far apart due to aircraft design and it then has the ability to be both a extension of receiver and telemetry, thus replicating a full reciever but with diverse antennas.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2015, 02:28 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 712 is the new tech. It essentially replaces the older RX's (after the inventory is sold). Better solution all around. You can also put a RA02TL on the 712 if you are really paranoid.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:06 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sorry I never seen this here but glad we got you figured out by email. Take care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falung_69 View Post
Dennis P

Got a couple questions about ur setup for the Jr RG 712BX and or the RG 731BX connections to the SK 540 (Clear or not I don't think it matters)
Now in your photo here on the RAO2TL Diversity Antennae Thread

The Brown and Yellow coming out of the X-Bus port is connected to which color on the spectrum plug ? Black or White ? U got heat shrink over it and I cannot tell

Also which plug on the SK does the the 2 wire plug from the Bind/Batt/Sens plug on Rx go to ? and you say this is also how the Rx gets power

I am not quite grasping that yet , where as with the loom the ESC power wire goes to the Rx , But if you could explain or is there another Y wire to be made here ?

I really want to get rid of these wire looms and trad Rx package for the SK 540 , Can you now run the Sk Gov. ?

I tried with the modded wire and running the DMSS sat. only and could not get the CC Edge lite ESC to arm , went thru it with Georgi also and could never get it to work

Now I take it with this setup you cannot run telemetry ? Or Can you ?

Also do I plug the sat. into the Rx also ? Whether it be a RAO1T or a RAO1TL or even the RAO2TL Diversity Antennae ?

Thanks I really appreciate any help here mate
Old 11-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I have been flying my little Trex 450L with a Skookum clear and a RAO1TL remote chip with the Skookum adapter cable and a XG6 radio. It has been flawless on the 450 . I normally run a XG14 on my helis but put the 450L together as a package that is ready to fly for interested flyers . The radio has been a real surprise for me also as it is a really nice heli radio as it has the flight mode switch and the hold switch.It is not littered with a bunch of switches we do no need . There are 2 push buttons that can also be programmed and I have the timer on the one, the programming is similar to the 14 except everything is done on the roller. A real nice setup for our 450 size machines and smaller as the chip weighs next to nothing and plugs into a sat port on the Skookum .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in