Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did you do to your SR today?

I thought maybe this might be a good thread to start if it hasn't already since it is a big hit on the Jeep forum. Today I re-checked the blade pitch after installing my new Microheli swash last night. Now I am ready to spool it up to see if my blade tracking changed and then give it a test hover. I have a blade balancer on the way Friday so that will be my next project. I bought a sewing cutting mat at Wally's tonight to use for my repair platform and it also has a nice grid on it for using Finless Bob's blade balancing technique. Really getting anxious for warm weather to get here so I won't be cramped in the garage anymore trying to learn how to fly this puppy.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I tried to make my servo push rods as straight as possible (from the servos ro the swash) after installing 3 hitec hs65s .. Still can't get it perfectly straight.
Souskei is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2011, 01:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

1. I hovered in my living room, two packs.
2. discovered how flexible the frame is
3. contemplated building a trex250
4. charged batteries
5. flew simulator. simulated the destruction of about $20K worth of helicopters.
6. decided to keep flying the SR.
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I continued down the John Shipley path with my SR. Intalled the DDVP tail last night and did some work trying to dial it in. Hovered most of a pack in a very tight space, and was starting to think I would wreck it so switched and did about 30 minutes of SIM time, also wrecked up a couple thousand dollars in virtual aircraft.
apexx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2011, 07:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souskei View Post
Today I tried to make my servo push rods as straight as possible (from the servos ro the swash) after installing 3 hitec hs65s .. Still can't get it perfectly straight.
Those HiTecs are a popular servo, I am looking forward to your flight report.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I looked at it, looked out the window, sighed, then muttered various expletives at winter.
Loonie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I looked at her this morning and asked, "why are you so blue in the face." She answered "cause that's how I came from factory." I told her she was a nice looking bird and her eyes lit up bright as white led's and then she started blushing so bright she looked like she lit up with red led's... ...Oh, wait, that's because she's hooked up for night flying.

Checked the weather channel and I may be able to get her out on Sunday sometime. Supposed to be above freezing. So, there she sits on a shelf, waitning for a warm, calm spring day.
GeKu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

GeKu, sounds like you had a nice romantic fireside chat with your SR...did she behave any better after that glass of champaigne? LOL!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexx View Post
GeKu, sounds like you had a nice romantic fireside chat with your SR...did she behave any better after that glass of champaigne? LOL!
LOL! Would it sound better if I said," I'd really like to take her out and bang her around this weekend?" LOL
Old 03-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeKu View Post
I looked at her this morning and asked, "why are you so blue in the face." She answered "cause that's how I came from factory." I told her she was a nice looking bird and her eyes lit up bright as white led's and then she started blushing so bright she looked like she lit up with red led's... ...Oh, wait, that's because she's hooked up for night flying.

Checked the weather channel and I may be able to get her out on Sunday sometime. Supposed to be above freezing. So, there she sits on a shelf, waitning for a warm, calm spring day.
I hear ya on the weather!! Supposed to be a bit better this week-end here too. I heard Calgary supposed to be +10?!? What gives!! Lol, as soon as it hits zero or higher and there isn't some crazy wind chill, I'm out there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeKu View Post
LOL! Would it sound better if I said," I'd really like to take her out and bang her around this weekend?" LOL
TOO FUNNY!!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=DKS_ONE;2751088]I hear ya on the weather!! Supposed to be a bit better this week-end here too. I heard Calgary supposed to be +10?!? What gives!! Lol, as soon as it hits zero or higher and there isn't some crazy wind chill, I'm out there!!

Yep, looking forward to see if it really will hit +10 but anything above zero is fair game! Hope you get out too DKS_ONE!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lets see, had a chance to hover it at work/indors for a min ! till i just cliped the blade on the floor. Got out the packing tape for a quick fix.
Got my nervs back got back up in the air for 2-3 min, feeling better whent towards a shop hoist turened it around towards me now and it was all down HILL.
Ok then smacked the bumper of a vehicle on the way down not good, back to the LHS tonight !!!!!!
Im not giving up LOL.
thanasi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanasi View Post
Lets see, had a chance to hover it at work/indors for a min ! till i just cliped the blade on the floor. Got out the packing tape for a quick fix.
Got my nervs back got back up in the air for 2-3 min, feeling better whent towards a shop hoist turened it around towards me now and it was all down HILL.
Ok then smacked the bumper of a vehicle on the way down not good, back to the LHS tonight !!!!!!
Im not giving up LOL.
Good! Don't give up and fly whenever you can, wherever you can! I work at a shop too, that's where I got alot of my first hovers in.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put my girl back together (for the umtinth time) and tried doing all the tracking and pitch adjustment you guys put out there! She looks better, more level. I just hope I did it right. but we have wait for that date (raining so much here I might start building a ark! maybe I'll just romance her and keep feeding her drinks till she is drunk then maybe she won't be hard to bang around when we get outside!!! LOL
Old 03-11-2011, 04:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fixed it from a crash the other day (went outside, found the training gear sticks in grass) $40.00 worth of parts later and I'm back in the air!
MCPX & PHX SIM new 10/12
utahxjer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I crashed.02
cwinma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I broke my JST charger lead last night when in the middle of my front yard flying session and can't charge my batteries till I go to the lhs today. Too bad its blowing 20mph outside today and I wouldn't dare take it up with my experience level.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Didn't do anything to the SR but I did give her a new DX8. Really looking forward to getting it all set up with this and see how it performs!
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Decided to get in a quick hover in the garage, ended up clipping the blades on the metal firewood holder. *sigh* Another set of blades and a feathering shaft go on this weekend.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took my SR to church last Wednesday nite for Ash Wednesday services. No - I did not take it to the altar for prayer - had already arranged with my pastor for an exocism after his service ( mine had taken to pissing out green pea soup shortly after liftoff which was usually just a few seconds before it's next crash ) ! ! ! ! ! !
blade-man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in