Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #601 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTB View Post
@ Dave/Kyle. What do you guys call the move that Kyle was doing at the 2:38 mark in the video link you posted? I have been trying to pull it off for the last three days. I can maybe do a super sloppy version of the move one out of every 100 times I try.. from what I'm seeing in the video it looks like Kyle is doing a half roll then quick cw tail rotation to get the heli back to nose in.
That is cool; thanks for pointing it out.

It looks pretty much like a very tight tight banked turn during inverted forward flight, followed by a piro with a reversal after a half rotation. Except sideways, or up-and-down or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #602 (permalink)
Registered Users

The move was created by myself, Boby Watts, and Kyle Stacy. We call it the "WHOOOPEEE!!" Because anytime we do it we just naturally found ourselves going "WHOOPEEE" after each flip LOL.

The move goes something like this.

1.Come in sideways, give positive pitch, and right roll, until the model is banked about 45 degrees, and has gained a little altitude.

2. Take some pitch out, feed in left rudder, and add to the right aileron some forward elevator, until the model is disk towards you with the nose cocked to the left at 45 degrees.

3. Feed the pitch back in and give more left rudder and more right aileron, until level and that should end you back up where you started.

Hope this makes sense and helps you out,

Kyle
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #603 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink 182 View Post
No idea what its called but its an input of aileron and rudder at the same time with collective input also.
Thanks blink182, The move looks easy to do when you watch the video but its hard as hell to pull off. I'm going to keep working at it until I get the move down..

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickybit View Post
That is cool; thanks for pointing it out.

It looks pretty much like a very tight tight banked turn during inverted forward flight, followed by a piro with a reversal after a half rotation. Except sideways, or up-and-down or something.
No problem trickybit.. that's the one thing I like about watching kyles videos. Every time you watch one you see little something you didn't notice the last time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
The move was created by myself, Boby Watts, and Kyle Stacy. We call it the "WHOOOPEEE!!" Because anytime we do it we just naturally found ourselves going "WHOOPEEE" after each flip LOL.

The move goes something like this.

1.Come in sideways, give positive pitch, and right roll, until the model is banked about 45 degrees, and has gained a little altitude.

2. Take some pitch out, feed in left rudder, and add to the right aileron some forward elevator, until the model is disk towards you with the nose cocked to the left at 45 degrees.

3. Feed the pitch back in and give more left rudder and more right aileron, until level and that should end you back up where you started.

Hope this makes sense and helps you out,

Kyle

It does make sense and it helped me out a lot.. Thanks for taking the time to break down the move for me Kyle. And congrats for winning the HeliMasters 2012 contest..

Minicopter Diabolo 700 / Mikado Logo 550sx
BTB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #604 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congratulations Kyle from us here in NORWAY………
A little out of topic….but when I get my logo700 I am going to place it in my office when I don’t fly it. …could you please tell me DAVE the height of logo700 xtreme ??
LOGO800 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #605 (permalink)
Registered Users

Logo 700 is 430mm tall, give or take maybe about 10mm or so.

Kyle's machines are all prototypes, and have various main shaft lengths in them. I'm not really sure what length main shaft the production machines will have, but the height will be pretty close to 430mm.

(-: Dave
Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #606 (permalink)
Registered Users

thank you Dave
LOGO800 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #607 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's the current status on delivery for the 700s? Are they under production yet?
Old 09-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #608 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ralf was saying on the PA system at IRCHA they would be avail at RH 2nd week of September. They will not be. I'm not at liberty to say when the eta is but it is not tomorrow. I don't think there is a FIRM delivery date as far as I know. What is being changed, if anything is or hung up the delivery date? I honestly have no idea.

I am just a guy that would like to get his hands on one as bad as you would.

Norman Ross Jr.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #609 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you know if there will be any at the HF fun fly?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #610 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurase View Post

I am just a guy that would like to get his hands on one as bad as you would.

Norman Ross Jr.
Ditto. LOL
Logo 690SX - Stock Scorpion motor, 12s 4500 packs
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #611 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrim80 View Post
Ditto. LOL
Ditto^

Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo 690 / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #612 (permalink)
Registered Users

Q: "Do you know if there will be any (Logo 700's) at the HF fun fly?"

A: I'm planning on being there Saturday for sure, and possibly Friday as well, and will have a couple of machines to show and fly.

Kyle D.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #613 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kyle

What sim do you fly when rehearsing routines? What model do you find flies most similar to your 700?
EO19 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #614 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I still just use the Real Flight G4.

As for a default model in the G4 sim that flies like the Logo 700? I had to in the end customize a Logo 600...which doesn't help anyone much, as the newer generation sims fly differently than the older ones, and so I can't speak to what would be similar.

Kyle D.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #615 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Now that the competition season is coming to an end for Kyle (Eurocopter Heli-Masters next weekend), we're going to be experimenting with other power combos and the 753 disc...just to see.

Dave, did Kyle do any testing with 753 blades? What's the verdict?
Old 11-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #616 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
Dave, did Kyle do any testing with 753 blades? What's the verdict?

And any testing with 14S?
zguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #617 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not 14S. Don't have any 7S packs in smaller capacities available to use, and a 14S 5000 pack (same as on the XXtreme 800) would be too heavy.

But, Kyle for a short while played with a 13S 5000mah combination, using Edge 753's powered by a Scorpion 4530-500kv motor. We thought the heavier pack and motor would be offset by the increase in disc area, and hopefully the larger motor would power the whole deal to a higher performance state than the stock set-up (4525-520kv on 12S and 713's).

We had high hopes, but...wrong again. What seemed like on paper to be a possible increase in performance, turned out to be nothing special. The performance was not any better than stock...and things ran hot.

Kyle tried different head speeds, and 1900 on the larger disc seemed to be the best compromise between flight performance, flight times, and temperature of the system. But as I said, even that was nothing special. Higher speeds just ran too hot (the higher the speed, the hotter it ran), and produced unacceptable shorter flights.

It is possible that the 753's with their wider chord was just too much blade for the voltage / motor combo / pinion-gear ratio combination. More experimentation with different cell count and capacities, motor size and kv's, and gear ratios (or a different blade design), might improve things.

But that would take lots of time, lots of various components (some that don't exist), and someone would be footing the bill for all that, so...

At the moment, the stock system is nothing "needing" to be better. Sure, more power (if free from other detriments and compromises), is always a good thing. But more power rarely comes without compromise someplace else.

For now, we're staying with the stock set-up. Kyle's not "experimenting" with anything else at the moment. Just enjoying the machine as is.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #618 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dave could you share Kyle's Vbar file or screen shots of the main menu and expert settings?
EO19 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #619 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EO19 View Post
Dave could you share Kyle's Vbar file or screen shots of the main menu and expert settings?
+1!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #620 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Not 14S. Don't have any 7S packs in smaller capacities available to use, and a 14S 5000 pack (same as on the XXtreme 800) would be too heavy.

But, Kyle for a short while played with a 13S 5000mah combination, using Edge 753's powered by a Scorpion 4530-500kv motor. We thought the heavier pack and motor would be offset by the increase in disc area, and hopefully the larger motor would power the whole deal to a higher performance state than the stock set-up (4525-520kv on 12S and 713's).

We had high hopes, but...wrong again. What seemed like on paper to be a possible increase in performance, turned out to be nothing special. The performance was not any better than stock...and things ran hot.

Kyle tried different head speeds, and 1900 on the larger disc seemed to be the best compromise between flight performance, flight times, and temperature of the system. But as I said, even that was nothing special. Higher speeds just ran too hot (the higher the speed, the hotter it ran), and produced unacceptable shorter flights.

It is possible that the 753's with their wider chord was just too much blade for the voltage / motor combo / pinion-gear ratio combination. More experimentation with different cell count and capacities, motor size and kv's, and gear ratios (or a different blade design), might improve things.

But that would take lots of time, lots of various components (some that don't exist), and someone would be footing the bill for all that, so...

At the moment, the stock system is nothing "needing" to be better. Sure, more power (if free from other detriments and compromises), is always a good thing. But more power rarely comes without compromise someplace else.

For now, we're staying with the stock set-up. Kyle's not "experimenting" with anything else at the moment. Just enjoying the machine as is.

OK, now this is getting interesting!
I'm going to copy the above and pick it up in the 14S thread in the 700 forum. Please reply there....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in