Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Flamewheel Multirotor Support

Flamewheel Multirotor Support Flamewheel Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2015, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Where does failing to complete the compass recal lead you?

Right to the crash site!! I am just happy it did not just keep flying!! It did some really cool aerobatics then banked between 2 houses and crashed into a tree.

Damage is not too bad, I need a frame, an arm, an esc and new props.

So any advice on props? I have Tmotor 2814, and it had 10x3.3. I fly with a zenmuse hero 3 gimbal and a 5000mAh battery. Thanks in advance.
2001rotax800 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2015, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Hi, can you be a little more specific on which Flamewheel, what kv rating the motors are and what voltage the batteries are?

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2015, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes sorry, I have the F550, 4s 5000mAh, motors are 770KV.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

You should always do a compass dance any time you go to another flying field or the compass has been exposed to magnetic fields. Like a trash can, a grill, or a car body. Any large body of metal can throw it off when it goes through the start up cycle.

If you had set down hard or crashed, it may have been the IMU was out of calibration. The IMU sling has the gyro and the accelerometer in it. If it gets seriously out of calibration there's no telling what it will do in flight.

When you get it put back together do a deep IMU calibration and a merry old compass dance. Make sure it's sitting as level as possible during the calibration and when you do the compass dance, do it out away from anything metal. That includes your cell phone and keys.

Props? Since the spacing of the booms is not really all that much best to stay in the 9 to 10 inch range. The DJI E300 and E310 work great on that platform. They come with the self tightening 9*4.3 props.
You can find the 9*4.3 props in a slip on and use a bolt to hold them on configuration.
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the reply. Yes I plan on doing an extensive rebuild and setup. The more I read it seems as if the 8"props are better for a 4s battery,and the 10" for a 3s. I want to be sure I am buying the correct parts. I liked the way she flew before the mishap, but that is my only exerience, maybe I will be surprised if I throw a set of 8's or 9's on there. I just cant seem to find any post that say do "this" or "that"..

I have the e310's... 5 of them anyway, I will be picking up one of those as well.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default F550 4S with 10x5 props calcs and observations

This thread should help with understanding the 4S vs 3S.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1985293
Skapr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2015, 03:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Actually, per DJI's own instructions, you only need to recalibrate the compass when youve traveled a long distance from the last place it was calibrated. For example, if I calibrate in my yard and then fly in Hilo, a dozen miles away, there's no need to recalibrate. On the other hand, if I calibrate here and then take my Naza equipped bird to the mainland, then yes, it needs recalibration. Basically, you only need to recalibrate if you've traveled far enough away, that the compass declination (the offset between true N and magnetic N) has changed significantly.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2015, 07:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am also realizing that the GPS puck was placed with the arrow to rear of the aircraft.... Another costly mistake!!!
Old 07-09-2015, 08:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rebuild is near complete! The short prop adapters should arrive today. I have also installed 3 light led lights on each arm with a flex fire led controller. Very inexpensive and light.

Here are the links:
http://www.flexfireleds.com/144w-sin...er-controller/

Helipal led

http://www.helipal.com/storm-mini-le...p-blue-4s.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in