Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default head speed higher then what is set

this is frist time using the CGY 750. most of my heli have Vbar. When I switch the gov on it seems to be working but the head speed of the heli is higher then what i set it at. idle 1 is set to 1900 but when i fly it it sounds higher also when i look at MRPM it is reading 2130. Any one know what can cause this? thanks
joecass2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2017, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

joecass2,

I have experienced this once before.
It was on a scale model and I was using some extra channels for lights and retracting landing gear.
In the setup I had messed up the channel assignments in the CGY and in the transmitter.
Check over your channel assignments in both the TX and CGY and make sure they match.
Also pay specific attention to what items are using channel 7. This is the default channel for governor headspeed.

Robert
Old 01-25-2017, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you I think my throttle hold is in CH 7 I think that's my problem. Thank you for the help
Old 01-25-2017, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you know how to change the CH that throttle hold is on. It's set to 7 but can't seem to change it on 14SG radio
Old 01-26-2017, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Throttle hold isn't on a channel.
Throttle hold is a condition that can affect both the governor and the throttle channels.

To see channels on the CGY go through the SBUS menu.
To see channels in the 14SG look in first go into the "Linkage" menu then select "Function"

Default channel assignments for the 14SG and heli models are shown on page 43 of the manuel.
Default channel assignments for the CGY are shown on page 10 of the manual.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok thanks guys I think my throttle curves were just to high. the CGY really depended on throttle covers a lot. I lowered my idle 1 curves and reset max RPM hovered it and then lowered it. gov. was set to 1950 and the max RPM read 1973 so I think that's close enough.

Do I have to set different throttle curves to get different head speeds for idle up 2? I should just have to set the idle up 2 gov. RPM and not have to mess with idle up 2 throttle covers. Is that right?

I'm very impressed with this FBL unit. I got it off of here used for $100. I only got to fly for a little bit but I liked it a lot. I think the 2.0 software is really nice. I think who ever used the older versions left a bad taste in there mouths and they need to fly 2.0

Thanks for the help guys
Old 01-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On the CGY the governor setup in the radio defines the headspeed.
Typically we put a throttle curve in that'll back up the governor in case the CGY stops getting input from the RPM sensor.

Within the CGY governor basic menu what is your setting for "Stick.Sw"?
Old 01-28-2017, 07:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Montee View Post
On the CGY the governor setup in the radio defines the headspeed.
Typically we put a throttle curve in that'll back up the governor in case the CGY stops getting input from the RPM sensor.

Within the CGY governor basic menu what is your setting for "Stick.Sw"?
It's 40%

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in