Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCX

mCX Blade (eFlite) Micro CX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mCX2 forward flight

Has any one else noticed that the mCX2 forward flight is not "straight"? It goes slightly right that I need to correct.

Is this me or is this just how it is? Trim is great CG is perfect just kinda angles a bit right in forward flight.

If this is not normal i'll post a video explaining.
fourstringin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it sorta "dog tracks" its ok. A lot of them do this so you're ok. I just compensate when I fly mine.

Mike
Blade mCX S300, mCX2, Tandem Rescue, Blade CP+ w/Huey body, Blade CX3, Heli-Max CX Micro S300, Heli Max CX Nano, Syma S107, Nine Eagles Bravo SX, Nine Eagles Draco Coax, Nine Eagles Bravo III Coax, E-Sky Nano w/Jet Ranger body
Ferret Dad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret Dad View Post
If it sorta "dog tracks" its ok. A lot of them do this so you're ok. I just compensate when I fly mine.

Mike
Not sure what "Dog Tracking" is.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ever walk behind a dog and he sort of walks forward but one side of his rear is walking off to the side? You'll see an older car doing the same thing driving down the road if its been wrecked. The frame gets tweaked and it goes forward, sideways. Dog tracking.

Mike
Blade mCX S300, mCX2, Tandem Rescue, Blade CP+ w/Huey body, Blade CX3, Heli-Max CX Micro S300, Heli Max CX Nano, Syma S107, Nine Eagles Bravo SX, Nine Eagles Draco Coax, Nine Eagles Bravo III Coax, E-Sky Nano w/Jet Ranger body
Old 07-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You should learn to fly it with full forward and left - fastest it will fly! I use a dx6i from my 450 3d, but it will fly faster with a 5e than the rtf remote. With the 6i you can increase the servo travel thus more pitch on the blades.

I still love that little heli! Safe in the house and still mode 2, 4 channel control.

"I do my best looking 3d when trying to avoid a crash!"
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5307thBP View Post
You should learn to fly it with full forward and left - fastest it will fly! I use a dx6i from my 450 3d, but it will fly faster with a 5e than the rtf remote. With the 6i you can increase the servo travel thus more pitch on the blades.

I still love that little heli! Safe in the house and still mode 2, 4 channel control.
It's a great heli and I love it even more with the body kit. But I can get blade striking with the stock remote. I'm not sure how much faster the Dx5e or 6i will make it but I'm not sure the extra speed will "help", it would just be in the blade striking range.

However I do want a Dx6i just for the consolidation factor. I have an mSR, mCX2 and 120SR. I also plan on getting a mCPx v2 eventually, so the Dx6i would be ideal.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get the dx6i. You won't be sorry.

I have a mCX2 which is modified for the best FFF, but to do so requires a DX6i transmitter at the least.

I used a MH MSR swash, and used the "long" balls for the most rotor control. I put a bit of tape on each link to keep them in the guide (the tape goes round the link, with a "flat" bit sticking inward to go in the guide).

Set the transmitter elevator trim as far back as it would go (so the heli would go in reverse if you attempted to lift off), then shortened the elevator pushrod until it lifted off straight. (Even without the MH MSR swash, you'll get faster FF with the shorter pushrod, assuming that you have proper transmitter trim.)

The trim in the 6i is a real trim. It sets the center position without changing the endpoints. Thus, with the trim set very far back as it is, there is more forward movement in the servo than reverse movement.

This gives very good forward flight, at the expense of reverse speed. It goes much more slowly in reverse, but that's fine with me.

The toy-style transmitters only seem to have sub-trim (although they still call it trim). They change the center position by shifting the entire range, thus changing the endpoints as well. There is sub-trim available on the 6i, but I'm using "regular" trim to get this FFF effect.

I have a DX5e also (used for Phoenix sim), and I have not determined whether the trim controls on that are actually sub-trim as on the cheaper TX's. But as the unit lacks a separate sub-trim control, I'm skeptical that it has actual trim.

Bottom line, if you want the best forward speed, you need a computer transmitter with real trims, and some appropriate modifications to the bird.
Matt L is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got a dx7 I'll be fiddling with it this week. There is a ton of stuff in this thing.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even better. The 7 has a lot more programming options than the 6i. I might be able to find a way to use those options even with my all-micro fleet (most of them are for large-scale birds with plenty of servos), but the increased number of models would help.

10 model memory slots seemed to be plenty when I got the 6i. Now, not so much.
Matt L is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default having same trouble

I just bought my mcx2 and am having mine do the same thing. when I apply only forward cyclic, it moves forward and left. when I apply only aft cyclic it moves aft and left. Is there anyway to fix this?
Gonzohf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same story, same heli (or different heli,different owner). There was a post on here I think from way back when the mCX2 first came out. Someone asked about this then. Nature of the beast. I learned to compensate as I fly.

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in