Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2016, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Underslung camera mounts

Is there any complete non-diy under-slung camera mounts with landing gear available nowadays?

Really want to try one but I cant even find anything to buy and I'm too lazy to build one from scratch.

I'm looking for something like this..

..that has the ability to be stabilized at the roll axis. I don't care much for the other axes though. And as I want to experiment with different cameras, it should be able to carry a "normal" size dslr.

The pictured product, mktr pro, is apparently "discontinued" and nowhere to be found.

I found this on google:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...413394468.html

but it appears to be too small and without any vibration dampening at all.

So..is there anything else out there still available?
zurgxd is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2016, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi zurgxd,

Do you already have a flying platform?
If no, what do plan to fly it with, Heli or Multi?
What is your largest camera?

Good luck,
Ahmet
helicek is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2016, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default They are out there, with a little bit of custom fab.

This is a tarot 3 axis 5d3 gimbal. Full frame dslr compatible, 3 axis stabilization and anti vibe through the rubber ball plate. Originally designed for a multi, but I get good results with it on my heli, we'll great results actually on my 800. As a test I threw it on a blade 700x (pictured) and it carried it perfectly. Now it flies on a trex 800.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160306_163247.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	651573  
TimBaconHeli is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2016, 12:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicek View Post
Hi zurgxd,

Do you already have a flying platform?
If no, what do plan to fly it with, Heli or Multi?
What is your largest camera?

Good luck,
Ahmet
Yes, I have a machine and I want to reuse it, initially at least. It currently has a 3d-printed camera mount which isn't very versatile, with no dampening or roll stabilization:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07911x.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	651657

So I want to just rip the skids off and mount something under there.

I want to use my panasonic lx100 mainly (as I currently do), but also want to try with a sony rx10 and canon 550d. The heli currently has 570mm blades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBaconHeli View Post
This is a tarot 3 axis 5d3 gimbal. Full frame dslr compatible, 3 axis stabilization and anti vibe through the rubber ball plate. Originally designed for a multi, but I get good results with it on my heli, we'll great results actually on my 800. As a test I threw it on a blade 700x (pictured) and it carried it perfectly. Now it flies on a trex 800.
Ok, that seems to be on the expensive side though.
And what about those "legs"? I would need a landing gear too. But it doesn't have to bee too fancy.

But preferably I would like something in one unit, like the mktr.
zurgxd is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2016, 05:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thoughts.

That is why I went with that gimbal system, completely self contained and the legs are plenty strong for the heli+camera and since they follow the gimbal they do not get in the way of a shot and it saved me from some retract system etc. It is literally 4 bolts in a plate of carbon fiber to mount/unmount and it is as I said completely self contained, has 360 degrees of freedom and provides me with very stable video. I was all worried at first with servo vs brushless and bigger cameras etc, apparently at least in my experience the brushless gimbal with a big full frame camera with lens was all but impossible to tune, was always on the verge of over or under gain and just didn't put out good video, I said screw it and built the tarot gimbal and used the re-branded "tarot" savox servos, brushless HV, and immediatly started getting better results with the heavier gear. Keep in mind this is just my experience involving a few different gimbal's and admittedly, am still cutting my teeth on all of this. I have no idea what you are looking to spend? But I could easily provide you with the cost and distributors I used to procure the gear I have if you like? I know when I started looking a year ago I realized very quickly that there wasen't much out there and it was seeming very difficult to find anything other than the Cinestar or Photo-ship-one that would meet my current and future demands.
TimBaconHeli is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in