Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Cat and mouse games! Tom& Jerry HELP!

So the phantom2 does things bass akwards 5.8g radio 2.4g fpv I think I can get my Devo 10 working with it now I want to buy this.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Backlight.html

and this.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...le_600mw_.html

Do I need an OSD unit? and what does an OSD do? on screen display I get but...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Oh yeah, is that going to cover my video for 2km? and Do I need clover/mushroom antennas?

The jumper cables for my RX1002 are coming with the new heli like wednesday! and charger so Ill be able to hook up power after that.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default yeah, uh, I dunno???

Looks like the DJI multirotor forum is helpless. Seems like not a soul has veered away from the stock TX lame. They cant answer a general question from the manual about how to hook a standard RX. I am left to fend for myself and doing just fine.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

For one thing, the receiver frequencies do not match with the transmitter frequencies.

Don't mess around with HK. There are a few places in the USA that deal with quality gear.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=877

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=266

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...Path=11_22_228

Later, if you want, or instead of the monitor, this will hook up to any Fatshark goggle.

I really like my 12" monitor and would really recommend nothing less.

Now is the time to consider your investment. When you add the cost of the monitor and transmitter together, it's significantly less than a goggle, but goggles are a hell of a lot more enjoyable, and are a investment. Decide now how best to spend your money.

An osd overlays telemetry back to you on your display.
You do not need one to fly, I flew 2 years without.
The advantage is you know what your battery power is, how to get back home, how far and high you are, a ton of information you can overlay.
It can be as simple or as complicated as you want.

There are a lot of manufacturers, but few are easy to set up, and even fewer that are reliable.
Again, quality components is the key to happiness!

Other companies I deal with are;

http://hobbywireless.com/

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/home.php

As far as good forums to visit for help, I won't list their site here as a show of respect,
but multirotor forums and fpvlab are great with none of the drama of rcgroups.

Run your fpv off a separate 12v lipo, not the main battery. 850mah's will fly you for hours and hours.

Yes, you want cloverleaf antenna's. Don't mess around with trying to save money, get IBCrazy antenna set. You will need sma adapters, probably, but don't buy them now, wait until you get your gear and see what you need. True, you won't be able to power it up right away, ( antenna's MUST be connected on both before power is applied or it's toast ).

Mounting your gear, separation is the key. Very difficult to do with a multi, so I go for isolation.
What I mean, cf is a deflector, so I like to install cf plate about twice the size of the receiver and mount it to deflect radiation form the tx to the rest of the system.
You can buy cf tape, works a charm.

That's enough for now. It's a hell of a learning curve.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's a learning mountain. Thanks a bunch. I will look into stuff tonight after work. I just had a hunch you would know shit ton on the subject. thanks!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The old man has spoken, and (surprisingly) he has spoken wisely, meaning he was quite sober while writing

1. I concur on Tom's equipment selection. Stay with Immersion so you can add Fatshark goggles later. Boscam is not compatible with Immersion frequencies, use a seperate Immersion Rx as per Tom's link
  2. 5.8GHz 600mW video Tx with cloverleaf antenna will give you about 1km range. I've tested this setup up to about 600m and the video starts dropping out when the landing gear gets in between antenna and ground station, will have to relocate the antenna before pushing further.
  3. On Phantom, you'll probably want to power up your video Tx from the balance connector of your main 3s flight battery.
  4. OSD not absolutely required, but very helpful if gives you a proper info. I have el cheapo HK OSD system on my hexa and it's near useless, only the battery voltage on the screen is correct. I'm about to install DJI OSD which gives what I consider a "must have" OSD info:
    • Arrow to the home point
    • Decently accurate altitude (taken off barometric altimeter; GPS based altitude info is so inaccurate it's a joke)
    • Ground speed
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
The old man has spoken, and (surprisingly) he has spoken wisely, meaning he was quite sober while writing

You know me so well!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default SWEET!

Thanks Jerry! I was looking at the DJI iOSD mini manual I have but I was not sure of compatability Since they use a 2.4g data TX/RX in the manual.

Are you getting the iOSD Mini or Mark 2? The mini is like 70 bucks so might as well add that to the list.

What do you guys think of the dragon sky plug and play goggles Ehirobo has for about $100?
Old 05-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Chad, I got both MK2 and Mini, the idea being to use MK2 on the hexa to switch between fpv camera and gopro on the fly. Mini goes on the yet-unbuilt quad which will be fpv only, no recording. On Phantom you'll have to feed gopro signal into vTx (no room for a separate fpv camera) so mini is sufficient. You'll have to check if your Naza-M on the Phantom is v2; if not, you'll also need a v2 BEC and LED unit to make it into v2 to be able to use DJI OSD units. AFAIK the signal compatibility is a non-issue, you should be able to connect iOSD to any vTx (regardless of vTx-vRx link type or frequency), will confirm in a couple of weeks when doing the conversion.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah I have the Naza PT2 MC same as Naza M V2. The diference is all the components are on a main board like bec, gimbal control, ESCs. The RX and GPS are seprate but are also in board form and no outer plastic shells. The MCs are identical minus the names on the sticker. I have been researching a lot over the snow days.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh yeah, it is osd ready for sure. it has the CAN BUS and power/vid wires hooked to the BEC/MC/main board ready to hook-up to OSD.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

What do you guys think of the dragon sky plug and play goggles Ehirobo has for about $100?

They're crap.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Still speaking wisely, I see.

Well, it's time go out with friends and tip a couple of brewskies myself, we can't all stay sober at the same time, can we now?
Old 05-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Crap it is then!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have fun Jerry. Ya know the difference between wise/drunk Tom? Drunk Tom gives good advise but would get me $$et up w/way too much $$tuff and invite me down to Erie for a few cold ones. :rofl
Old 05-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
Still speaking wisely, I see.

Well, it's time go out with friends and tip a couple of brewskies myself, we can't all stay sober at the same time, can we now?

I know! It sucks! Heading out to my local pub and toss a few 90 shillings, Sober feels too much like work, not to mention too much work!

Old 05-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Drunk Tom will set you back a few thou, Chad, been there done that. Only had two light beers so I'm not to drunk to drive back home (Mrs. P. has just called), even if it might be over the limit for flying.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah Tom I really like the VTX/VRX in the links above! SOLD!

Still debating monitors 8", 10", or 12" What goes best in a back pack?
Old 05-14-2014, 12:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Here's a look inside.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inside phantom2.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	508846   Click image for larger version

Name:	inside 2.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	508847  
Old 05-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
Still debating monitors 8", 10", or 12" What goes best in a back pack?
Afraid you'll be best off deciding this one on your own, Chad, lest you wind up lugging an 80" screen on your back

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in