Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Anyone using the 3GX V2 firmware?

Hey all I'd like some help with good flight mode settings on the V2 firmware for the 3gx on a 450 pro v2

I'm upgrading as I was getting a really bad pitch up occasionally during FFF or flying into strong wind, it's so bad it is as if I pulled full back on the elevator and then some. after the heli pretty well stops on the spot everything seems normal again. I had played with a few diff settings on 1.2 to get rid of this but no luck.
Hopefully v2.0 will fix this problem

I fly aggressive sport and big air so I'm not wanting "beginner" settings, but then again I'm no stick banger yet so not too extreme
My bird is basically a stock 450pro v2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steemo View Post
Hey all I'd like some help with good flight mode settings on the V2 firmware for the 3gx on a 450 pro v2

I'm upgrading as I was getting a really bad pitch up occasionally during FFF or flying into strong wind, it's so bad it is as if I pulled full back on the elevator and then some. after the heli pretty well stops on the spot everything seems normal again. I had played with a few diff settings on 1.2 to get rid of this but no luck.
Hopefully v2.0 will fix this problem

I fly aggressive sport and big air so I'm not wanting "beginner" settings, but then again I'm no stick banger yet so not too extreme
My bird is basically a stock 450pro v2.
Hey mate,

I have had exactly the same problem as this! Its certainly a bit disconcerting when it happens
I must admit! Unfortunately though I am running the V2 software so it looks like it hasn't fixed the issue. My heli has only done this once though. When I fly it next I will do some high speed runs and see if I can replicate the issue. If it re occurs I will play around with the settings a bit. It could be the gain pots for the elevator are slightly too high.

Chaz.
Chazzypuk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the feedback Chaz, I had 3 flights today on the V2 firmware, I used the default settings then started tweaking from there.

I found I had to reduce the cyclic and pitch dampening right down to 20% and even then it felt pretty vague in FFF but was not bad in the turns or flips etc. I tried playing with the elevator gain pot a little but it seemed to make it no better.

TBH apart from the occational issue I was having in FFF and in wind the V1.2 firmware flew a lot better than this. I may just roll back and see if I can get rid of this problem on that firmware.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

v1.2 for me
DesJardins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Steemo,
Gold Coast as well, which club ?
I had this problem and found a few fixes that reduces effect wildly
CG was my biggest problem, lazyness - hadn't checked it and did what your talking about
I also had loose/old dampners - and flybarless blades seem be be helpful (in case your using others)
Another problem i had on the 450 with a 3GX was very sloppy stops on backflips - increasing head speed helped with both the stops and pitching up.

Also there is a thread on here somewhere covering why big cyclic throws are required - pretty sure in Leon Lukes setup post - but its a massive thread.

The only thing im not happy with yet is the tail hold in backwards flight - but so fa all of my 3GX problems have been mechanical set up related

Hope it helps
MJ878 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I'm a member at QRCHA, where are you.. LARCS?

I've since sold my 3gx on archeli and swapped to an AR7200BX. Got rid of all the issues I was having but now that i'm flying it more like my my 500 i'm having tail blow outs in backward flight like you. I've got the TX gain right but have yet to go through the other parameters on the BeastX to tune the tail to perfection.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in