Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 500/570

SAB Goblin 500/570 SAB Heli Division - Goblin 500/570 Helicopters

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusElKnight View Post
Awesome, finally. I think I'll go red and white. How does the pre order deposit work? Do they invoice you for the rest of the money close to release?
At Helidirect, you pay the preorder deposit first. Then, when you are contacted that the item is in stock, you pay the remainder of the amount at that time. This is what was done for the previous goblin models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

...edited
AMA# 1005200

Last edited by RusElKnight; 01-07-2013 at 09:32 AM..
RusElKnight is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Goblin 500 flight on new year's day!

[ame]http://youtu.be/FUSHs8B0S8k[/ame]
rstacy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flight! How much flight time are yall getting and what size packs are yall using?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet! Thanks Bert. I can't wait to get mine.

-Shane
ShaneXman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kudos to CC on the Talon!

It's nice to see the $90 Talon hanging with the $369 Kontronik in the "Hard 3D" Recos from SAB!

Goblin 500
silas3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just pre-ordered a yellow/black one on Helidirect. I'm kind of disappointed it was black and not blue on this one. Those "leaked" pics looked so much better. Perhaps canomod will offer something soon.

Now to start acquiring the various other parts....
Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_Tanerite View Post
Just pre-ordered a yellow/black one on Helidirect. I'm kind of disappointed it was black and not blue on this one. Those "leaked" pics looked so much better. Perhaps canomod will offer something soon.

Agreed! I was pretty stoked on the other color schemes I saw, especially the Red / Yellow combo they had out at IIRCHA, and also the Yellow / Blue color combo that was leaked. I had my heart set on one of those two color choices, but I am going to settle on Yellow / Black. I too hope that Canomod comes out with some alternate color choices as well.

-Shane
ShaneXman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want a boom like the 500 has for my 700/630
das_bulk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL-Cool-T View Post
looks like the 5000 batteries are a no go...Im still gonna get one.
LL...Bert has been flying the Pulse 4500s, as have I and others...but a Pulse 45C 5000 6S pack will physically fit in the heli on the Quick Release battery plate.

I am sure Kyle or Ray Stacy will post on how it flew with 5000s...but it really flies well on the 4500s...Bert was only getting about 3 minutes or so of hard core 3D with the 3700s and has been happy with the flight time increase over weigh increase of going to the 4500 packs...
Greg Alderman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

seems like 5000s will be on the heavy side dont think I will be doing anything bigger than 4000
BOOGIE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_bulk View Post
I think the red and white is by far a better color scheme, but I think the yellow and black may be better for viz. I could be wrong, the black/yellow version has black on top and bottom of the boom (could make this look like a normal pod-on-a-stick heli when further away). So I think im going red/white.

On another note, when is the conversion boom comming out for the 630/700 to remove the black stripe?
why would you want it without? the 630/700 booms are far far better looking than the new 770 boom.
even my GF said "that makes the paintjob look cheap" and it is my biggest issue with the new 770 the boom paint is missing something. just too plain with no contrast.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

Just preordered mine too! Black and Yellow!!

Wewt!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fingers crossed no delay...nodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelay nodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelayn odelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelayno delaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynod elaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynode laynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodel aynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodela ynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelay nodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelay
Old 01-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Fingers crossed no delay...nodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelay nodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelayn odelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelayno delaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynod elaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynode laynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodel aynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodela ynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelay nodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelaynodelay
LOL!

Bad thing is that is my GFs Birthday and it will most likely arrive on Valentines Day as well.. means no building for days lol!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeveeSiN View Post
Just preordered mine too! Black and Yellow!!

Wewt!
Jason, the black and yellow 500 is the easiest to see heli I have ever had. I think I am going to get with Canomod and have the same scheme made up for my red 770 and red 700...the red schemes are extremely hard for me to see on anything but sunny blue sky. But the black and yellow contrast of the 500 just lights up in the sky...even on cloudy days we have been having in Muncie the past couple of weeks the heli just glows like a neon sign in the sky...at least for my 50 year old eyes!

I believe the huge contrast between the yellow and the black and the black stripe on the top and bottom of the boom that really help it stand out for me...
Greg Alderman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Alderman View Post
Jason, the black and yellow 500 is the easiest to see heli I have ever had. I think I am going to get with Canomod and have the same scheme made up for my red 770 and red 700...the red schemes are extremely hard for me to see on anything but sunny blue sky. But the black and yellow contrast of the 500 just lights up in the sky...even on cloudy days we have been having in Muncie the past couple of weeks the heli just glows like a neon sign in the sky...at least for my 50 year old eyes!

I believe the huge contrast between the yellow and the black and the black stripe on the top and bottom of the boom that really help it stand out for me...
Oh man that is awesome news.
I see Yellow very easily as well and your comments reassure my decision on that color scheme!

Yeh I may be contacting Canomod to have them do a 770 Boom in this style. I really do like the accent for sure.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My fiancé offered to buy me one for our anniversary. I have gone heli collector crazy lately and can't believe she still supports me. Will go nice with my 630 and 770(should be here this week).

Yellow/Black 500 kit pre-ordered

Going with Graupner servos now that they will be in the US.

Can't decide on the motor, Quantum or Scorpion 1350kv?
ForceFedDSM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went with the Scorpion HKIII 4020-1100. Should be WAAAAY more motor than I need!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Alderman View Post
LL...Bert has been flying the Pulse 4500s, as have I and others...but a Pulse 45C 5000 6S pack will physically fit in the heli on the Quick Release battery plate.

I am sure Kyle or Ray Stacy will post on how it flew with 5000s...but it really flies well on the 4500s...Bert was only getting about 3 minutes or so of hard core 3D with the 3700s and has been happy with the flight time increase over weigh increase of going to the 4500 packs...
Greg, thank you sir for the response. I hope the 5000 batts work in the 500. I know for hardcore smack 3D even a little bit of weight can make a difference and I'm far from being able to fly like that, yet. The difference in weight between the two batteries is around 45 grams. In a heli that size I don't know if that would make a big difference.
LL-Cool-T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in