Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R47] View Post
I couldn't stand the thought of crashing it.
Haha...this is the EXACT reason I got rid of my 130X to begin with.

With my 450's I barely even shrug if they go in. The 130X usually got put into a box and sat there for months on end. Before long it was crashing every single time it came out and none of it was my thumbs, so I traded it for a 450. By far the best helicopter related decision I've ever made.
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I have a decent amount of sim time, the reason I'm not going with a 450 is because the size is intimidating and I couldn't stand the thought of crashing it.
Fair enough.

FYI - I only fly my mCPx V1 outdoors. I'll fly up to about 10mph before I quit with it.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hows parts for the mcpx v1?
Old 08-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

For outdoor flying the mCPX BL is a good bird. Tons of power, not as precise as a 130X, but very robust and handles crashes well.

My BL got me from total beginner to upright and inverted flight, loops, flips, rolls, hurricanes and piro flips. It's not perfect, but its a great learning tool.

When I finally did get a 600, the guys at my field couldn't believe my flying. A 600 flies in slow motion compared to the BL (or any other small model).
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hows parts for the mcpx v1?
My local HobbyTown still carries them. There's a lot in common with the mCPx V2.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still plentiful. But, it was basically the most popular micro ever released.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokia View Post
For just learning orientation I think the standard brushed V2 mcpx is the best choice. Its slow compared to the others mentioned. Or a brushless nano.

As far as crashes go it depend on what you fly over. I used to fly at the park over grass with my mcpx and 130x. They both did extremely well at crashes. Once you have orientation down the 130x is the next logical step. It flies much bigger then it really is so it's more similar to how the big helis fly. The 130x does have some gotcha's and does require more maintenance then the mcpx. But the 130x also flies a lot better then the mcpx.

My recommendation is resist the urge to upgrade. It turns into a giant money pit for very marginal improvements. On the 130x one thing that is worth upgrading is the hollow carbon main shaft. That thing cracks and you cant see the crack. That crack causes so many damn issues it will frustrate you until you find it. The head will wobble the tail will vibrate like heck. Swap it out for a solid carbon main shaft. That is really all you need to change on the 130x. Also have someone test fly the thing for you that knows how to fly. See if you can get someone at the store to do it. The main board sometimes has issues that will cause the heli to drift badly. They have a procedure to trim it out but it does not work well. Get one that hovers well right out of the box.

The trex 250 costs just as much in a crash to repair as a trex 450. Absolutely hated my trex 250 I would never buy another one.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:03 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love my trex 250. I have hated every blade heli I have owned even the mcpx. Never buy another blade product. Low cost on kits, they will kill u on parts.
ktm250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2014, 04:55 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 130x is incredible for it's size, MUST BUY, go the fibreglass canopy to protect the front of the board and the front metal gear on the main shaft option, leave the rest stock, and your flying skills will progress.

I can get about 5-10 crashes usually before repair.
falcone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

$149 for a brand new one from HH was too cheap to resist. Bought one, going to keep it this time!
Mike A. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcone View Post
The 130x is incredible for it's size, MUST BUY, go the fibreglass canopy to protect the front of the board and the front metal gear on the main shaft option, leave the rest stock, and your flying skills will progress.

I can get about 5-10 crashes usually before repair.
Yep,... I'm good with my 130x. I have no fear i'll do FF inverted flight nicely... but then i fly my 450s and i'm a deer in headlights... lil scared bitch....
Old 09-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Everyone is different but I went Nano to mCP X BL to Gaui X3 and glad I did. Lots of ism time as well. As has already been mentioned, the Nano crashes well and you will crash. This will save you a ton of cash. When you're ready for more power, the mCP X BL can be toned down, the let loose to get your feet wet with some 3D flying. I've been tempted by the 130x as well due to the new low price and the fact that it has a proper variable pitch tail but the common theme from those that have purchased seems to be that it is very $$$$ to keep in the air. Would rather put that towards a bigger, better heli.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've went and bought the 130, and I love it. I haven't had any issues (yet), and it flies great for me. I'm considering going inverted soon, and I have a feeling the 130 will handle that better than other micros.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Watch out you will get major slop in the tail even without crashing and certain servos can go out at about $20 apiece. The stock canopy rods can break the side servo during a nose in crash. The tail boom spits easy too causing a twisty tailcase.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I've went and bought the 130, and I love it. I haven't had any issues (yet), and it flies great for me. I'm considering going inverted soon, and I have a feeling the 130 will handle that better than other micros.
Take it up high and flip it. S'easy.... Try not to crash it though as some crashes are worse then others. high grass or weeds you can go hard all day.

Metal A gear is a must. Enjoy.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. My space is limited, so far I've been flying it in my backyard, but I'll take it out to a park one day and flip it
Old 09-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ok. My space is limited, so far I've been flying it in my backyard, but I'll take it out to a park one day and flip it
Good thinking.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in