Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Car and Truck Info and Support > Electric > Monster Trucks

Monster Trucks Monster Trucks On and Off-Road

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had a T Maxx nitro for about 5 yrs now and it has taken a back seat to the helis. Had it out this weekend for my 3&9 yr boys and two nieces 6&11. They had a blast but odd how in a two acre field two of four can manage to find a tree at 40 mph. Brother will be getting a new one in the morn so I now have to go back thru gearing and hop ups to keep the edge. He opted for the 2.5 instead of the 3.3 because the latter does not have reverse. I dont race comp so I like reverse. But I would like that 3.3 for torque. Helis are all lipo so I dont stink after flying but I do so like the wheelies. GB
GeorgiaBoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
I've had a T Maxx nitro for about 5 yrs now and it has taken a back seat to the helis. Had it out this weekend for my 3&9 yr boys and two nieces 6&11. They had a blast but odd how in a two acre field two of four can manage to find a tree at 40 mph. Brother will be getting a new one in the morn so I now have to go back thru gearing and hop ups to keep the edge. He opted for the 2.5 instead of the 3.3 because the latter does not have reverse. I dont race comp so I like reverse. But I would like that 3.3 for torque. Helis are all lipo so I dont stink after flying but I do so like the wheelies. GB
My Brushless Maxx will wheelie better than my Big Block truck. The Nitro has an LRP 28 spec 3, the E has a Neu 1512/2.5D on 6s2p A123's

Old 06-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just got myself one of these "MERVs" for my Bday. Anyone know of a good RC car forum? I can't find anything on par with Helifreak. None of them seem to break it down into specific make/model sub-forums.
ryanstech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Beat your Truck is a pretty good forum.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanstech View Post
I just got myself one of these "MERVs" for my Bday. Anyone know of a good RC car forum? I can't find anything on par with Helifreak. None of them seem to break it down into specific make/model sub-forums.
The traxxas.com forum is the most updated one for revos & mervs. The rest are not updated or posted to very often....
bzlytbeer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2016, 03:15 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice review!
Looks great!
BG Tobey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in