Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default problem after repair ...help

ok so here we go i had a crash last weekend and i got the heli back together and have some probs. here is what i replaced, 1. main shaft 2. feathering shaft and o rings 3. swash, 4. both main gear ans tail gear 5. tail belt 6. one way bearing shaft(NOT THE BEARING) 7. flybar. ok so on spool up i have no vibrations or any thing wobbling when the heli leaves the ground the tail is bouncing up and down and its hard to say but it looks like the heli is bouncing as well (toilet bowl effect) it goes left right forward back in a circle sorta i think i described that well enough, flymentor say if that effect is noticed to drop the bal gain well i did that full down and still same thing (a little better) also i adjusted the gyro same thing! i did notice the main drive gear is a little crooked not much but a little i removed it several times with the same prob, any ideas on what could cause this ? and the block on the main shaft that keeps it from going to far down(right below the swash but above the top bearing)how much up and down play do you want on the main shaft? thanks guys i would like to get this nailed so i can fly this weekend
kdsguy1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

seems this could be caused by a number of things but the most promement seems to be low head speed, the thing that gets me is i did not have this prob before crash any ideas and also the heli body going side to side
Old 03-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Low head speed will cause the heli to nod, it rocks fore and aft.
If the heli is rocking fore and aft and side to side this is normaly cause by to much FM gain.
It is not unusual for the main gear to run a bit out of true.
Check that the motor to main gear mesh is not to tight.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check when spooling up before taking off if the swash is performing a circular movement. Sometimes after a crash the FM gyro unit sustains damage and does that.
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

i will check all that i know the main rotor and swash has no vibration or circular movement i know cause i had to change the main shaft because that was going on on spool up, and i just ordered another gyro just in case, i figure i will need it eventuallyi figure ill put my throttle at 60 at mid stick and slowly increase to see if i can get rid of this... oh crap lol i just realized i have the kds 800 i can slap on there if i cant figure it out .... lol thats also what i just ordered oh well spare part but dont you still have to have the fm gyro hooked up even if u use a diffrent gyro
Old 03-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes you would need the FM gyro if it proves to be faulty and those are as rear as hens teeth. The tail gyro won't make much of a difference unless you also have tail authority issues.
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

well ill give it a shot tonight and see what happens thanks for the help!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok so i had to put my thr curve at 1. 0, 2. 83, 3. 85 4. 90, 5. 100, im basically flying in idle up mode and im a newbie lol is this normal or maybe my motor is on its way out? it sorta conserns me and makes me nervous flying like that with what little experience i have
Old 03-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post the pitch curve as well. Is it hovering about mid-stick ?.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't played with the pitch curve much I need to go through that set up but here it is and yes it lifts off just above mid stick 1. 56 2. 61 3. 75 4. 85 5. 100 , swash is ail 50 ele 50 pit 76 and I still have some travel left before the wash out base I want to set it up where thr at 1 I have -1 2. +1, 3. +3 , 4. +5, 5. +7 I was comfortable with that before installing the fm . That way I have constant lift ....almost.... and if I kill the throttle the bird does not suck to the ground
Old 03-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol I gues my tx numbers don't mean anything to yall lol I'm charging my batt now post when I get it charged I have to fix a busted water pipe in the house also my kitchen was a fish tank today
Old 03-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I am looking at your numbers correctly you have you have positive pitch at zero stick, 4 degrees centre and 7 max.
You should always have minimum 1 or 2 degrees neg at zero to force the heli down if the wind takes it.
Heli's hover at ubout +5 degrees so mid stick should be 5 or 6 degrees and you have max 7 degrees maximum should be 10 or 11.
For set up you should set a pitch curve of 0-25-50-75-100 and then set the heli mechanicaly to give you - 10 or 11 degrees at low stick, 5 or 6 degrees mid stick and + 10 or 11 at high stick.
When thats done you should set the curve to your likeing. Something like 45 at low stick to give a little negitive pitch so something like 45-62.5-75-87.5-100 so you have a little negitive and then linier pitch to maximum.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had set all that up per rchelicopterfun manual before installing the fm. Once I installed the fm my pitch curves were no where near the same I started to mess with it and got side tracked so it is on my list of things to do tonight I will let u guys know , your help is much appreciated I would be chasing my tail if it wasn't for all of your help some day I will be giving advice thanks to all your help
Old 03-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

FM will change the set up slightly but it all can be corrected useing the software.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in