Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default brand new 230Si won't hover properlly after first crash

Rc heli Heli max 230si balance problem (1 min 4 sec)

It crashed pretty hard into some rocks, damaged that one leg but it still retains its shape. I've also noticed the lights are flickering on/off a lot more than normal, and the power from the main board goes to each one of these light panels and then to the motor, so i'm wondering if my main board is trash since all the lights flicker like that, or should i replace each of the motors 1 at a time? or do you think Its just due to the structural damage and I should just get a new top/bottom plastic mold?

anyone seen this? if so your input would be very helpfull

Don't be afraid of being to tecccchy, I have a degree in electronic engineering. I'm usually able to figure this stuff out but im still new to RC heli's and super new to the quad cops
SecretAgent_WD40-steel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 04:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

SecretAgent - when I try to play your video, YouTube says "this video is private".
CBR240 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok fixed! Plz take a look at it, if u need any further videos let me know
SecretAgent_WD40-steel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 01:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

In your manual, read under "System Adjustments" it tells you how to re calibrate the gyro board. Just make sure all your trims are centered before doing so. The way quads and most flybarless systems work, you should really never adjust the trim tabs on your Tx. If it's drifting it needs to be re calibrated. Also make sure the quad is on a good level surface when re calibrating or it will drift afterwards. If that doesn't work then the board may be shot and you may need to call Heli Max.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

SecretAgent_WD40-steel - I can see the video fine now.

As CarGuy7a says, you should not be adjusting trims on a heli with a flight controller. Well, except it is important that the controller knows where center is on your sticks, I don't have a 230Si so can't answer specifics there, but looking at the manual, it has a "System Adjustments" section that CarGuy7a is referencing. Here they have a "Trim Adjustments" and I am guessing that is to get center agreed to by the controller and your Tx. I would not think this would need to be re-done because of a crash. But maybe re-running calibration as CarGuy7a suggest would help.

General what goes wrong in crashes for quads:
- prop damage. Is one of the propellers damaged at all? It doesn't take much to affect the amount of lift the prop produces.
- Has a blade come a little loose? That is it can appear fine, but under power slides on the shaft.
- Did the prop get pushed down in the crash, and is now binding (even slightly) on the motor? It doesn't take much to make a huge difference. With power off do all 4 blades spine just as easy, or is there any binding at all in one of them? My 1SQ micro quad needs it's blades pulled up after almost every crash.
- possible motor damage. As above do all 4 spin freely? I'd test them individually off the air frame before buying any replacements.
- Did any propellers come off during the crash? If so were they all replaced to correct position? Correct side up? I know this is a constant problem with the 1SQ reported here and else where. Since the propellers are two types (clockwise and counter clockwise) and two colors, all 4 are unique and must be in correct place. It looks like the 230Si props would be hard to get upside down. It's a common problem on the 1SQ.
- I should have asked first, does it always drift/roll the same direction? Is that always towards the corner that was damaged in the crash?
- You say the one boom was damaged. How much so? Cosmetics, ... don't matter, but it must be firm, no play or there will be problems.

Good luck with it. If all else fails, do call Heli-Max tech support. I've had great experience with them.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

After looking at the 230Si manual, I did not realize it had a gear drive for each motor. So that adds checking that gear and the pinion on the motor of the damaged corner. Could be the "main" gear is stripped in a spot, or the pinion gear is loose on the motor.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

ok thanks for the feedback, i'll check those things and post back!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in