Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2015, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Max flight time?

Hey all,

I'm considering using an 800 as a platform for aerial imaging.
What max flight time and payload are you guys getting with it?
How many batteries can you reasonably load up on it if you mount some on the tail boom?
Thanks,
Seb
Spektrum Dx7s
sebsmash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2015, 03:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If it's any help....

Both my 800 Trekker and 800 pro are setup for scale flying, Trekker is pretty much stock apart from a 10t pinion. 800 Pro has a low kv motor, Trekker main blades and a 10t pinion.

I'm getting anything up to 14 minutes with the standard 12s setup and a head speed of 1080 rpm.

Sorry I can't help more but I've never used my heli's as a camera ship.
Velos 880 Neo, Logo 800 XX Vbar, T-Rex 800 Pro DFC Vbar, T-Rex 800 Trekker Vbar, T-Rex 700 Pro DFC Vbar, T-Rex 800 F3C Vbar, T-Rex 550E DFC Vbar, T-Rex 500 Pro DFC AR7200BX, T-Rex 450 Sport V2 AR7200BX, T-Rex 250 Pro AR7200BX, VController, DX9.
JohnTC02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2015, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flight time will depend on headspeed and weight you are carrying. The raptor e820 is the lightest 800 size and the logo exxtreme is the heaviest. On a 12s setup you can get 15mins running and lower more but that's without camera weight. Payload unsure of what it will carry. All up weight is usually around 5kg and as they are 3D capable helis I reckon they could manage another 3kg. As for batteries on the tailboom I think the CofG would come out too much to be on the boom. Better off making a set of long skids and mounting them under that putting all weight as closeto the main mast as possible.

Bergen helis are big camera ship helis for something dedicated but for converting I'd go with the raptor. You'll want an ESC that has freewheel as you'll want to run lower headspeeds for flight time and less vibration. The align 800mm blades are some of the widest with a 70mm chord with good lift. Running 14s will just give you a heavier heli and higher headspeed unless you gear it differently.
Woodsta888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in