Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2016, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default View flight logs via computer

Having owned my ds16 for three years now, I have always reviewed my flight logs on the tx. Wanting to see more than 3 points of data at a time I figured I would use my 1 year old lap top and see what would happen.

The manual got me started. Downloaded the Jeti reader without issue and can pull up my logged files when connecting tx via usb to laptop. All I see is a continued string of text when I open a file.

Am I missing a step here to tell the reader to convert the log I have selected to a graph?

There was a statement in the notes that said (from memory) ensure I had Java 6 or 7 on computer with mention of 16/32 bit ability. My laptop has a version one step higher than what is in the note.

I'm sure that there is something simple preventing me from moving forward. Any help appreciated.

PS, I'm not a IT guy
Gaui X5 Jive 100 Scorpion 910, Jeti DS-16
john2kx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2016, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Best way to view the logs is using an application called Data Explorer. It's available for free.

Which OS are you using? Windows or Mac?

Jeti DS24 / VControl Touch
aziz76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 04:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Windows
Old 09-19-2016, 04:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can download Data Explorer here: http://www.nongnu.org/dataexplorer/download.html

Then once installed you need go to the device selection dialog and select Jeti Adaptor. There is an icon for this on the button bar at the top that looks like this:

After that you click on "Import" and select the log file you want to view. The log files are stored on the SD card in the Jeti in the /Logs directory.

You can then see all the logged parameters on the left and select what you want to view.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2016, 04:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!! Will give that a go after work today.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2kx View Post
Having owned my ds16 for three years now, I have always reviewed my flight logs on the tx. Wanting to see more than 3 points of data at a time I figured I would use my 1 year old lap top and see what would happen.

The manual got me started. Downloaded the Jeti reader without issue and can pull up my logged files when connecting tx via usb to laptop. All I see is a continued string of text when I open a file.

Am I missing a step here to tell the reader to convert the log I have selected to a graph?

There was a statement in the notes that said (from memory) ensure I had Java 6 or 7 on computer with mention of 16/32 bit ability. My laptop has a version one step higher than what is in the note.

I'm sure that there is something simple preventing me from moving forward. Any help appreciated.

PS, I'm not a IT guy

I like to use Jeti's own software..

Step 1 - Copy telemetry files from Jeti transmitter to PC

Step 2 - Launch 'JBP Read' and click 'read data from file'

Step 3 - Chose a telemetry file.

That's it. Jeti Flight monitor will automatically open with the logged data.

You can select which variables you want to display...

Couple of screenshots:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 16.48.48.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	672354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 16.51.30.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	672355  
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Groucho,

I don't remember the second part of your step 2 "read data from file". Will try that this evening. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't get the Jeti flight monitor to work on 3 different windows 10 computers. The actual flight monitor will never open. Any clue on how to fix that Groucho? It's been a while since I tried it but I believe I did the compatibility troubleshooter to no avail.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have always found the Jeti software buggy and prone to crashing, hence my recommendation. It is in fact beta software, and doesn't seem to have been updated in several years. (Ive been a Jeti user since 2013). Also I find the presentation of the data to be more flexible in Data Explorer where you can load more than one flight and can switch between them and compare, you can also see the data in a table and see actual values.

Just my opinion.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziz76 View Post
I have always found the Jeti software buggy and prone to crashing, hence my recommendation. It is in fact beta software, and doesn't seem to have been updated in several years. (Ive been a Jeti user since 2013). Also I find the presentation of the data to be more flexible in Data Explorer where you can load more than one flight and can switch between them and compare, you can also see the data in a table and see actual values.

Just my opinion.
+1
Michael
Snowflake6515 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use data Explorer. Was always wanting to try the jeti one though
Old 09-19-2016, 08:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

groucho,

I tried your method this evening. Using a recently purchased laptop on windows 10, I had the following issues from the beginning:

-USB error: the prompt to repair seemed to work.

-then I get Flight monitor not ready

-then, I get "try again later please"

-then, another USB adapter error

I have spent 2 hours trying different ways of downloading, copying file, opening file to no avail.

I went through the same thing when trying to view logs from my kosmik/jlog 2.6 via Log view. It took days, but I eventually got this to work.

I look forward to the day when I can plug my ds16 into a laptop and down load flight logs with ease.

Perhaps I am missing something simple to get the jeti reader to work. I am done messing with it tonight. Will give it another shot tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, sometimes on certain machines and setups, it's more trouble than it's worth to get Jeti FM installed correctly. Especially if one is not that computer savvy.

I have it working on windows 7 and windows xp, but I've not tried it on windows 10.

It needs java installed, and not the latest version by far. There's an older version beyond which it will not run. I don't recall the version offhand, but I believe it's listed in the documentation.

It's a pity that these hoops exist, because while I do have data explorer also, and it works natively on my mac computers to boot, I much prefer the look of Jeti's application.

Jeti had announced a new software - Jeti studio. But that was some two years ago, and nothing's come if it yet.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho_ View Post

It's a pity that these hoops exist, because while I do have data explorer also, and it works natively on my mac computers to boot, I much prefer the look of Jeti's application.
How did you get FM to run natively on a Mac? The Jeti page ( http://www.jetimodel.com/en/Flight-Monitor/ ) says:

- Support Microsoft® Windows® XP and higher.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
How did you get FM to run natively on a Mac? The Jeti page ( http://www.jetimodel.com/en/Flight-Monitor/ ) says:

- Support Microsoft® Windows® XP and higher.

No, no. It's Data Explorer that I have running natively on Mac.

Sorry for any confusion...
Old 09-20-2016, 07:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

No better results tonight. Pity that the Jeti viewer does not work on a recently purchased computer. The screen shots, along with YouTube video by esprit sure looked promising. Perhaps they will get this working down the road. At this point, I'm through messing with electronics and will move forward to getting some mechanical stuff done.

Will give data explorer a try soon.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jeti Flight Monitor needs a old version of Java Developer Kit 32 Bits, the 7u80 will work ( jdk-7u80-windows-i586.exe ). You can find it on google
StefSTG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2016, 12:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

it sounds like we need to get together and work on an open source github version.

pilots developing for pilots.
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2016, 06:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefSTG View Post
Jeti Flight Monitor needs a old version of Java Developer Kit 32 Bits, the 7u80 will work ( jdk-7u80-windows-i586.exe ). You can find it on google
Stef,

As mentioned earlier, I'm no computer wiz but did find the Java program you mentioned. It appears I have to uninstall my current version of Java first. Just wondering if this is a path I want to go down.

My current Java version is 8, update 91. If I delete this and install the older version you recommended, will I have to reverse this procedure to perform other tasks soon? Just trying to decide if this is worth the effort every time I want to review my flight data.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2kx View Post
My current Java version is 8, update 91. If I delete this and install the older version you recommended, will I have to reverse this procedure to perform other tasks soon?
Yes unfortunately there is no way to keep both version installed without compatibility issues.
StefSTG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in