Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DC-24 - Pulled the plug

After several "next weeks" and a continuously moving delivery time, I received an email today saying "DC-24 In Stock!" Gave Esprit a call and the real answer is "Nope, maybe next week." I pulled the plug on my order and got onto the DS-24 list; the transmitter that I really wanted anyway.

Now to get back to flying and enjoying my DS-16. I know that the expected date of 01/17 for the DS-24 is silly but I'll just try to forget about it until it surprises me one day!

The business practices of Espritmodel require a special kind of very devoted fan to Jeti and I guess I'm still that guy!

Last edited by cbdane; 10-21-2016 at 12:54 PM..
cbdane is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2016, 12:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm thinking seriously about a DS-24. Color and LUA. Price isn't a consideration. I just like fancy hardware.

But they haven't posted pictures yet of the color options. So it makes it kinda hard to decide which scheme I want.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2016, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
I'm thinking seriously about a DS-24. Color and LUA. Price isn't a consideration. I just like fancy hardware.

But they haven't posted pictures yet of the color options. So it makes it kinda hard to decide which scheme I want.
If you go to the transmitter order page (at the bottom), there are 3 color options for the carbon versions at this point in the pre-order (black, red, titanium) although Zb told someone on RCGroups that they could have a white one if they wanted. There are no photos but the DS-24 is essentially the same as the DS-16 carbon version (except for the screen) so looking at those photos gives a good idea on color, I think.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post

I didn't choose the color until I paid the reminder of the invoice when they asked....in may, I'm pretty sure you don't have to decide that just yet, and I also believe that you can easily pull out if you don't like the result, once it's actually in production.
Revolectrix/MeanWell PS, DPL8, PL8, 2x XP10 and Bump Contr's.
Dansy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2016, 11:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
I didn't choose the color until I paid the reminder of the invoice when they asked....in may, I'm pretty sure you don't have to decide that just yet, and I also believe that you can easily pull out if you don't like the result, once it's actually in production.
When did your DC-24 arrive Daniel?
Old 10-22-2016, 05:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I pre-order mine back in 3 sept 2015......I think that was the first day of pre order.......shipped out on the 12 Sept 2016, first batch.

When they first announced the 24 I said no way I'm getting one....but the more I look at what at the spec, the more I like the idea, so by the time the pre-order open my mind was made. It replaced one of our DC-16
Revolectrix/MeanWell PS, DPL8, PL8, 2x XP10 and Bump Contr's.
Dansy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2016, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

With respect to esprit model, I know that things may seem a bit inconsistent, but I can't possibly begin to articulate how difficult it is to interact with the FCC to get approval for the new radios. That alone is a horrible process that involves lots of money, time, testing, and even quality control. I can't wait to see the production DS-24 and i'll definitely be a buyer when its out...

On a slightly different note, while everybody was closing because of hurricane matthew, James was regularly calling and updating me on the RF board replacement of my DS-14. They're all pretty wonderful people.
Chase 360, Goblin Fireball, Protos 380, Trioblin 570, Trioblin 700, Chronos 700, Synergy N7, Protos Max V2 Leggero 800 EVO, DJI Inspire 1, Mavic Pro, Vortex 280, Mojo 280, Blade 200x, Jeti DS-14 MSH Brain2
RCHN #604
rchelipastor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchelipastor View Post
With respect to esprit model, I know that things may seem a bit inconsistent, but I can't possibly begin to articulate how difficult it is to interact with the FCC to get approval for the new radios. That alone is a horrible process that involves lots of money, time, testing, and even quality control. I can't wait to see the production DS-24 and i'll definitely be a buyer when its out...

On a slightly different note, while everybody was closing because of hurricane matthew, James was regularly calling and updating me on the RF board replacement of my DS-14. They're all pretty wonderful people.
Agree. Esprit's "In Stock" notices are an annoyance but I still have full faith in them and recognize that we wouldn't have Jeti without their investment. Hence the reason I paid for the DS-24 in full; not just the deposit. BTW: I understand the FCC challenges very well; not an easy task.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in