Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2016, 04:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setup of rescue feature on JR 28x radio

Hello. I ve been reading threads regarding setting up neo rescue which I've recently activated. I've also gone through instructions on vstabi for setup, but they mostly refer to vcontrol setup. I've a 28x JR radio which is by now I've realized quite an alien piece of equipment, with very less users. I m not an expert in complexed setups. So any help on setting up rescue feature on 28x is badly needed. Thanks
faisalmalik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not set up the rescue feature on any FBL controller yet, and do not, at this point, own a Neo.

I have set up multiple V-Bars in the 28X, however.

Do the instructions with the Neo give you any basic information on how to set up rescue?

If it is just assigning a channel to a switch it should not be too difficult to figure out. I suspect there is more to it than that.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Ah clem. I had put this question in vbar forum but someone referred me to here and especially referred your nick name and the other gentleman nick named La Don if I'm correct, that you people can only solve this issue. As far as I know you r right, it's not only channel assignment but whole lot needs to be done in order to get a proper rescue function. Since you guys have quite a requisite knowledge of 28x, therfore it will be appreciated if you might want to have a look at the required settings and let me know how to do it. Because as I mentioned earlier, just looking at the vbar rescue settings on vstabi which mostly revolve around vcontrol , it's difficult to co relate them to 28x, at least for me. Secondly it's sad that yesterday I crashed my just acquired Goblin 700 carbon having mounted with my first neo. There seemed nothing wrong. After first minute of flight the tail just went out 90 degree while trying for tic tocs. It seemed as control went out for a second. I tried to level the heli in attempt to bring it back but suddenly all controls went crazy and totally out of control and crashed . Got the log out which mentioned. "cyclic ring is active" . Please tell me what could be the cause as I checked all electronics after crash which were working fine. I've another neo installed in my newly built goblin KSE but now don't have the courage to go for the test flight after this incident. Kindly share your thoughts. I can share any settings that you may like to know.
Regards
Old 09-04-2016, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you know where I can find the instructions to the Neo?

I would like to have the program as well, but I doubt if I can download it as I don't own one and I know there are some rules on the Mikado website, such as requiring a serial number for certain things.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
Do you know where I can find the instructions to the Neo?

I would like to have the program as well, but I doubt if I can download it as I don't own one and I know there are some rules on the Mikado website, such as requiring a serial number for certain things.
I have managed to attach the vbar instructions and screen shots of program software. I wont be able to attach the program exe file being too big. Till now I have not yet upgraded to rescue therefore rescue function tabs cannot be seen in screen shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Main screen of program.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	669914   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen 2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	669915  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vbar Neo Manual.pdf (912.3 KB, 445 views)
Old 09-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just downloaded the software and am starting to go through it (it did not require a serial number as I thought it would).

I take it that you selected "Universal Digital Input" under the "Receiver" tab?

Have you selected which three-position switch you are going to use for "Rescue?"

The channel that you desire to use should be assigned to the correct switch in the transmitter and then that channel selected in "Receiver" tab in the software. There is a graph to show whether or not the channel assigned to the Rescue function is working, and working in the correct direction.

Where exactly are you in the process, sir?
Old 09-04-2016, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dear as I mentioned earlier, I have not yet upgraded to rescue as I never wanted to spend lot of bucks without having any clue about the thing.
a. Yes digital input selected
b. As someone suggested that a spring loaded toggle switch is required for a momentary operation. But this Tx does not have a momentary switch, so what to select in this case ?
c. Since I don't want to bother you too much in basic details, therefore kindly give me a run down of the steps or sequence to follow. Once I upgrade, I shall follow your steps and ask if anything is required.
I thank you again for your kind help and attention.
Regards
Old 09-04-2016, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

faisalmalik,

As I have not done this particular setup yet, I thought we could work through it together.

According to the V-Bar Neo instructions, it does not require a spring loaded switch, but does require a three position switch (if I am reading this right):

"Rescue Channel requires three positions. Center (off) must be active. etc."

If it does require a center off, three position switch, I think you can use one of the trim type switches at the top of the transmitter (they move either way).

I have a friend who is setting a Neo up in his XG11, I will pick his brain in the next few days, sir.

I am sure we can figure it out!
Old 09-04-2016, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

So many thanks to you. I'll keep a watch for your reply. You can PM me if you like
Regards
Old 09-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The spring loaded switch just makes it so much easier, Neo requires the center OFF to reset rescue and the activation is a once off switch to the rescue side of the chosen channel, because the RESCUE only needs to be activated and then let the Neo runs it's course to finish RESCUE once heli is upright and climbing. There are no need to hold the channel at the activation side.

I have had a few Neo set-up on my XG11, but the channel assignment is completely different to the 28X. I used the trainer switch as that is spring loaded on the XG11.

This is for theXG14 and is a good starting point http://vstabi.info/en/node/1947

Do not overthink the rescue feature it is really simple to set-up as the only thing to adjust is to select how much collective you want AFTER it has done the RESCUE. This is set in the software and the default value works well. Setup of the TX is just as simple, select channel to be used for rescue activation, endpoints 100%, no subtrim, select your desired switch for activation and set that channel in the Neo software to rescue. Check that it works the correct way if not reverse that channel.

This is the default channel selection and please read the part in the red box.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2016, 05:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi. Anyone with idea about how to perform a factory reset on JR 28x radio. Because my radio screen is suddenly performing erratically. All the menus are freezed
Old 10-09-2016, 07:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unplug the battery in the transmitter for a minute or so, or put it on charge for about five minutes.

Either will do a cold re-boot.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello. Dear My problem is more than that. My software has freezed and clicks are erratic and off centered. It all happened after I unhooked after charge. You can see my thread in Jr section where I've posted a video showing all whsts happening. Kindly have a look and suggest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in