Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Foamies and Park Flyers

Foamies and Park Flyers 3D Foamies and Park Flyers are an EXCELLENT way to improve your reflexes and stick finesse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2016, 04:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default E-flite UMX A-10 Warthog EDF Jet

This is the unboxing only for the brand new E-flite UMX A-10 Warthog EDF Jet BNF Basic with AS3X.

Here are my pros and cons for this UMX A-10 EDF Jet:

Pros:
- It looks incredibly scale
- Twin 28mm Ducted Fans with Powerful 13,500Kv Brushless Motors
- 4-Channel control
- Top mounted magnetic hatch battery bay

Cons:
- Weak front landing gear
- Customary UMX foam dents
- Very smelly foam like always with Horizon Hobby UMX planes

Look for a flight video coming as soon as the weather clears up!

GB
GBLynden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2016, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm a bit surprised you managed to get 9.5 minutes of video for this unboxing. I got mine last Friday and the unboxing took about 30 seconds.
I've yet to fly mine as it's been quite cold here and now that it's warmed up, the winds are near hurricane strength. I don't expect any surprises as all of my UMX planes with AS3X fly exceptionally well. I plan to remove the landing gear and just throw it. This one will likely fly better than my LX A-10, twin 70mm.

Last edited by xviper; 12-20-2016 at 09:51 AM..
xviper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My first attempt to fly it DID NOT go well. So far it seems to be a pile of crap, but we will see when I get time and better weather lol

PS: You are like lightning
Old 03-12-2017, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since my last post, I've flown mine many times. I'm not sure what happened with yours but I noticed a distinct tendency for this little plane to nose dive when all surfaces are neutral (out of the box). It requires a lot of UP elevator to fly level. This was also the case with my flying buddy's UMX A-10. He almost crashed it on the first throw except that I warned him about needing the UP and he was prepared for it. This plane is best launched at full throttle with a good angle above horizon.
It's not put together very well. Unglued seams are plenty with small pieces of tape holding sections together. I'm sure this was done to reduce weight but any mishap and the plane comes apart. The only saving grace to this is that it can be put back together fairly easily.
Another problem both of us had was keeping the bind. My friend's A-10 was so bad, he took it back for an exchange. Mine needs to be re-bound every other time out and I have to make sure the TX is far away.
Once trimmed, it flies pretty good. It's small so don't let it get too far away or you'll have a hard time seeing it and lose orientation.
I'm not sure this plane is good value for the money. It's pricey for what you get. I can get any number of 1000mm to 1500mm HobbyKing planes for a few bucks more that are way more fun to fly.
I'm going to sell mine to another friend at a huge loss. It'll be good value for him. It wasn't for me.
xviper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2017, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your observations are spot on! I am sorry that you don't like yours either. I love my new Wacco though
Old 06-10-2017, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is the video that disappeared:

Unboxing Only - E-flite UMX A-10 Warthog EDF Jet BNF Basic with AS3X (9 min 28 sec)

After this video, I decided to send the plane back to address a major binding issue as well as the EDF's being out of sync. I will keep you guys posted as to how that plays out.

Flight Video Only - E-flite UMX A-10 Warthog EDF Jet BNF Basic (2 min 15 sec)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in