Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail spinning to the left

I put a 2.9g tail motor and a heli max brushless mane motor on and the heli keeps spinning to the left i read the book and no luck need some help thanks
Attj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 06:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

You'll see two pots on the receiver. One of them is labelled 'EXT' and adjusts the servo throw. The other one which I can't remember the name of, adjusts the proportion of power between main and tail motor - that's the one you want to adjust. The pots don't stop at max and min, they just keep on turning, past max back to min again etc. So just turn the pot a little at a time, power up and see what difference it''s made. The plastic screwdriver that came with the heli fits these pots perfectly.

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is the 2.9g tail motor? Is it direct drive or does it drive indirectly like the original motor? I still have my Novus CP and think it looks cool, but it is a piece of crap. With the stock brushed motor it was almost unflyable. Once I upgraded to the brushless main motor it was somewhat manageable.

The tail motor/rotor rig is a joke! The stock tail motor tends to fatigue after a few flights, such that you have to keep adjusting your rudder trim to the right. The other thing to check is that the tail blade doohicky is pushed fully onto the tail rotor shaft. If it is set too loose, then the gears will not mesh consistently and your heli will spin. If you set it too tight (don't allow for a little play), then it will bind and the tail rotor will not spin freely.

Even if you have it set right to begin with, it tends to shift and get too loose. Maybe a little CA glue? The other problem is the tiny bearings in the stock tail case. They seem to wear out quickly, causing too much side to side play (slop), which again leads to inconsistent gear meshing and poor tail control.

I hope it works better with the brushless tail motor upgrade!

My advice to anyone considering a 4G3/Novus CP: Do not Buy! It will almost certainly require upgrades to make it fly reliably. I would save my money for one of the newer Walkeras.There is much better available now. Some of the local hobby stores have piles of Novus CP's sitting around. They are still asking full price for these dinosaurs.

Forgive the rant, but I just dusted off my Novus CP the other day (because my 4G6 is waiting for parts) and it was not a fond reunion.

Last edited by all-thumbs; 01-22-2011 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: misspelling, changed wording
all-thumbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by all-thumbs View Post
What is the 2.9g tail motor? Is it direct drive or does it drive indirectly like the original motor?
It's direct drive

Sorry to hear you don't like your 4G3. Mine is great fun.

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

all-thumbs, no question, it's a piece of junk. But 2 things: it gets totally flyable and with very good power, with a bit of work--you just need to read up on it; and, there's really no other choice in this size. Even the 4G6/V120 is a bit bigger (and a lot heavier).

So you might think of it as a diamond in the rough. But it's a walkera diamond, so it's really just a piece of glass--or is it plexiglass...
Beckler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in