Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AFR pitch 28???

I have My aileron at 50 and elevator at 58, but My pitch afr is 28. What to do??
A and E is 8 degreeds and pitch is 11. Shoudent this allso be in the 50 range??
kamarthinsen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

How many degrees cyclic? How many mm are the balls apart on the cyclic servo wheels?
PlaneHazza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have 8 degrees on cyclick and 11 +- of pitch. Using the inner holes on align servo wheel and the distans between the balls are 24mm and this is on a trex 700E and I also use the inner holes on the bellcrancs. These numbers on AFR are with the new DFC head
Old 04-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamarthinsen View Post
I have 8 degrees on cyclick and 11 +- of pitch. Using the inner holes on align servo wheel and the distans between the balls are 24mm and this is on a trex 700E and I also use the inner holes on the bellcrancs. These numbers on AFR are with the new DFC head
You should use the outer holes on the bell crank. They work opposite. Think of the bellcranks as the receiving end, and the servos as the driving end. For more resolution, the receiving end should be further from the centre, as to require more servo movement to move the bellcrank the same distance. This is the same reason you move the balls in on the servo wheels - they have to move more to give the same travel.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If i go out one hole on the bellkranks the afr numbers will have to go down to. Longer out gives more throw to the swash.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If i go out one hole on the bellkranks the afr numbers will have to go down to. Longer out gives more throw to the swash.
Depends which ones you mean. The ones that connect to the servo rods will give more resoultion and less throw. However, if its the one that goes up to the swash, that will give less resolution and more throw.

Here is an example:

The arms that have 3 holes are the ones that connect to the servo rods. Moving the balls out here will acheive more resolution as the servos will have to push turn more to achieve the same lateral movement.

However, on the arm with 2 holes, that connects to the swash, having the ball on the outer hole will acheive less resolution and more throw.

To achieve most resolution, you want the servo arm balls as close to centre as possible, but as far out on the receiving arm of the bell crank (outer of the three on that image above).

Hope that makes sense.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice. But I don't have bellcrancs like that. The stock align 700e bellcrancs are to holes to swash and only one fixed hole to the push pull rods. Can I get something like this to my trex.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Nice. But I don't have bellcrancs like that. The stock align 700e bellcrancs are to holes to swash and only one fixed hole to the push pull rods. Can I get something like this to my trex.
In that case, you can move the balls in on the bell crank arm that goes to the swash. This will result in the servo arm/bell crank having to move further to tilt the swash the same amount, thus increasing resolution.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your numbers are typical for the 700E. The CGY pitch AFR does not have to be in the 50s like the cyclic numbers.

You will need smaller servo wheels if you want to increase the setting. I am using 21mm between ball centers using standard Futaba hex arms and I am up to 40%.
You may need to use longer balls in the swash if you find you do not have enough cyclic, currently I am running 60% AFR on aileron and elevator.

I am hoping KDE comes out with wider spaced blade holder arms like they did for the 600 to help with this issue.

- Greg
gmarsden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in