Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2016, 02:13 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please don't hesitate to ask questions! It can save you a world of headaches sometimes!
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2016, 02:14 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool. Then it was an old feature on the micro they just added on the 2. Make sure you ignore Bluetooth for now if the micro supports it. Which will make you place your FBL so you have easy access to the USB port.

A few pointers:

1. Make sure to calibrate your radio correctly. Specially the low throttle or your next tabs won't work as for safety it requires no throttle to setup. Also make sure your stick movements map properly you may need to reverse your radio servo directions at this point.
2. Pay heed to wiring directions.
3. Zero and 90 your servos unmounted to the frame. Then power down and mount your FBL and servos for setup. Vibes if the FBL is not properly mounted will cause you issues on setup. Then you have to finish your mechanical setup. But everything will be on one tab mostly. Use the reverse button until the swash moves properly.
4. Do your tail end points then jump to the last tab to check the servo tail direction use the reverse button on the tail setup tab if reversed then finish the next tabs which I think are bank setup, rescue and Heli size (and flight style setup).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
It powered off the USB fine. I had to restart my PC after plugging it in. It then saw it and I let it update the firmware to 2.0.008
You guys are so helpful .. I'll be needing more help as I go alone. I'll try to figure out what I can on my own without asking/bugging too much. So far a nice easy experience.
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 02:26 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

There is a micro brain for sale on HF starting yesterday for $60 if anyone wants to do the same kind of thing.
Oh.. I'll be asking.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 02:32 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing to keep in mind is, the 450X has trailing edge control. The new Brain software takes this into account and is able to adjust for it on page 6. Nice feature!
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2016, 10:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobb1 View Post
One thing to keep in mind is, the 450X has trailing edge control. The new Brain software takes this into account and is able to adjust for it on page 6. Nice feature!
Or, just do the simple and free "grip flip" mod, reverse the pitch channel and have the collective on your 450X work like every other normal CP heli. Works great with the old non-V2 iKON on mine.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2016, 11:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

did you do a test yet? im rebuilding my 450x head and filing down the shaft for the 400 fbl conversion..throwing away the slop, just waiting on the kbar this weekend will be pretty productive.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:39 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haven't put it on yet. Maybe this weekend. You know how motivated one is when something works. Was flying it yesterday as it was too windy for the smaller stuff after all the storms and tornadoes we had on Wednesday.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:11 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can run the brain software in demo mode without having to hook up the FBL. Panels 4-7 are crucial. A lot of people have issue with getting things working in the correct direction because they didn't do something right on panel 5. Panel 5 is the only place you reverse anything in the radio. Then when you get to panel 7 you will hit reverse on the panel, if needed, until the swash acts the correct way. On panel 5, figuring out the gain setup can be a pain. People do it different ways and I think you can let the software do it for you if you don't have a spare channel to assign to.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 11:13 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the micro ikon on and it flies but I don't think I have some things tweaked where they should be yet. Rescue also hasn't been set up.
Being my first FBL though it makes me proud to have done it.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:57 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats! It took me a few crashes to realize my FBL setup mistakes. And that was on the AR7200BX which is a bit easier. The iKon for me was a smooth transition afterwards. The default settings get you flying. But yes now on to learning tuning. Good deal!

Quote:
I have the micro ikon on and it flies but I don't think I have some things tweaked where they should be yet. Rescue also hasn't been set up.
Being my first FBL though it makes me proud to have done it.
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 08-30-2016, 12:12 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why not setup rescue? I thought it was one of the reason you got the Ikon? It's part of the basic setup - mostly. Can be some advanced depending on how you want to activate it, but just as easy as any other part.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:18 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Why not setup rescue? I thought it was one of the reason you got the Ikon? It's part of the basic setup - mostly. Can be some advanced depending on how you want to activate it, but just as easy as any other part.
Just lazy and moving slow. It will be done eventually. Today was the first flight at my work field with it on.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:42 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agree takes very little time to setup. I have it on 6 channels can take some screenshots if you want. Real easy. If you are not trained to use Rescue will not save your heli until you do but at least you would have it.

Reports are if lots of vibration won't work properly though.

Quote:
Just lazy and moving slow. It will be done eventually. Today was the first flight at my work field with it on.
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 08-30-2016, 12:45 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to have your screenshots if you would take some. Thanks.
I'm sure they'd be a nice template for others considering doing the same thing too.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:15 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

More than enough youtube videos on how to assign channels, etc.. Not to mention it has been described on the MSH forum.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:18 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
More than enough youtube videos on how to assign channels, etc.. Not to mention it has been described on the MSH forum.
There is stuff everywhere on everything. He was nice enough to offer so I accepted.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:35 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
There is stuff everywhere on everything. He was nice enough to offer so I accepted.
Yes, I read that. You do what you want, but not the best habit to just blindly copy someone else's settings into a model not even like yours. You still need to understand what you are doing. But hey, I won't pretend to understand why people do things and not my place to tell anyone to do anything different. Hope it works out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in