Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need opinions / advice

Hello heli freak nation, it has been a while!! I have been out for the rc helicopter loop for a few years now, but I am looking to get back into this super addictive hobby that we all know can be likened to a crack addiction, lol!!

I am going to try and make this short and sweet...
I haven't flown in a few years, my last helicopter was a v120d01, and before that a v200d02. I crashed the v200 something awful and never really got to fly it all that much, it was just too big for indoor and didn't handle wind very well at all. I got the v120 after I crashed the v200 and decided it wasn't worth fixing. I flew the v120 for a long time, maybe close to a year before I broke the tail and just never got around to fixing it.

Fast forward to today;

I want to get back into the hobby. I want to make the jump from FP to CP, and I want it to be either a 100 or 120 size. I started looking around different online retailers earlier and discovered that there are a lot more players in the game these days, and a ton of micro cp helis that fit my general 'bill'. I am looking very hard at either a rnf super cp with a devo 7e, or possibly a v120d02s also with a devo 7e.

However I see there are a ton of other options out there from other manufacturers, WL toys, skyartec, etc... I need a rtf package as I don't have a 6 channel tx, and they all seem to be fairly comparable in price. I really like the looks of the v120d02s, however the price tag in a rtf package is a slight turn off as I really wanted to try and keep the price under $200. On the other hand, I was a huge fan of the TT tail on the v120d01 and really like the idea of not having a tail motor. I have looked around and read a lot of reviews on almost all of the helis that fit the 100/120 size CP bill and I am having a very hard time trying to decide. I am looking to fly it mostly indoors, but on a good low wind day it will likely see some yard time.

So please fellow rc helicopter addicts, help me make a decision!!
mrpaint is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2014, 02:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Surprised no advice.....so here's my $0.02

Super CP + Devo 7e - great value. Brushed motor, resilient.
Wltoys V922 - the tx is crap. Amazingly resilient!
V120D02s + 7e - my personal choice. Fit a slipper clutch and the servo savers and have fun. Probably more advanced that the previous 2.

Wltoys V977 - brushless motor, 6g / 3g gyro settings. Throttle / pitch curves not editable.

Skyartec Wasp Nano - brittle! Fly it into a blade of grass and replace all the broken parts. Frame, tail boom, servos and skids. Hit nothing, land perfectly - maybe you'll only need to replace the skids.....it you're lucky. Wish I'd never bought it.
zaphod69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first choice would be the Devo 7e and Super CP. The Devo 7e is well worth getting. It can be flashed with Deviation firmware which will allow you to fly Blade helis and also your old V120D01.

The V120D02S is much more powerful and less durable than the Super CP. It doesn't look very good value at the moment because you can get the discontinued Blade 130X for less than $120. The 130X can be flown with the Devo 7e but has a lot of tail problems and therefore not that suitable as a first CP. You can also use the Devo 7e for the nano CPX which is another good choice.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2014, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks for the responses!! I was beginning to wonder if I was invisible... lol

Anyway, I have decided to hold off on getting the v120d02s for the moment anyway, although if money was no object it would be my choice. At this point I am either going to get a v977 RTF, I understand the limitations with the TX and not being able to change pitch curves and such, I think as this will be my first 6 channel it might actually be a slight plus as it will be easier for me to get it in the air and just get flying. On the other hand I may just wait for the HiSky HCP130s to release, it seems to be exactly what I am looking for and in my price range too! ~120 sized heli with real servos and a RTF package for under $140? yes please. Perhaps I will wait for it to actually hit the market and see what some of the reviews look like.http://www.banggood.com/Hisky-HCP130...-p-926407.html

what do you guys think?? obviously its hard to make a judgement based on a poor add on bang good, but I think it might have some promise.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The price of the 130 is made up completely by Banggood. The product is still quite a long way from being released.

I have a V977 but didn't like it that much as it was not that durable. I crashed it on the second flight where two servos were stripped. I have not flown it since then. I have not tried the 6 axis mode so I don't know how useful it would be for beginners.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for the reply zadaw, I had no idea that it was just a 'made up' price from banggood, I kind of assumed since they had it posted on the website that it couldn't be too far off from sale. I am sad to hear about your experience with the 977 as now it basically puts me back to square one... what do you fly for micro cp?
Old 10-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am flying the 130X at the moment but this is not something I would recommend as a first CP. I have also been flying the mCPX BL but that is even worse. It is by far the most unstable micro on the market today.

I don't think it is necessarily a good idea to go brushless immediately. The heli will be less durable with crashes.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a look at the 130x, but the price and the need for a Tx kind of turned me off, however I do like the TT tail. I have pretty much decided one the v977 RTF package, probably from t-mart as it appears they have it in stock in the USA warehouse. At least this way I can get in the air for about $100 and if I decide that cp isnt for me I wont have wasted too much money. Also at this point the pre-programmed Tx that comes with the 977 package actually looks like a plus, although I am sure I will feel differently down the road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in