Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Is the MCP X better

This may be a stupid question for those who are more experienced but how much better the Blade MCP X is compared to the Blade SR. I know the tail motor on the SR has a tail that can burn out rapidly but that is replacible.What else makes the MCP X more favorable.
jrmc114064 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmc114064 View Post
What else makes the MCP X more favorable.
Besides being able to crash it over and over gain with little or no damage, you can also store it in your coat pocket......
upankatz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

MCPX is pretty darn good as far as being able to take crashes only things ive been able to break on mine is the tail boom and 1 bent spindle after 60 or so flights worth of crashes. I would shoot for one of each though. Reason I like flying the SR as well is I can see it from further away at the park and practice higher up , when the tail on the sr blows out it moves out and you can correct it pretty easely with the MCPX if it blows out on you your pretty much done it starts to spin to the ground. SR also has a different feel for me seems like its not as jumpy.
The tail on the SR doesnt burn out all the time if you set it up correctly have had the same tail on the 3 Sr's I fly for a while after some crashes and things still holding strong.
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

mCP X

Great fun, haven't had any problems with it, other that broken tail booms, but after solid CF boom no more breakage. Don't fly 3D but have never had a tail blowout. If it did blow out, hit throttle hold, it falls back down the grass, pick it up fly it again. Over grass it's about as durable as an mSR.
Bloosee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2011, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Learned cp flight on the blade sr..... Been flying sr since may and have crashed many a time rebuilt and flew again.... I crashed my sr the other day trying to push my limits so when I went to the lhs to get sr parts I had an impulse by today and gotthe mcpX...... Have flown 5 batteries threw it and love it. First impressions is that it is way more stable then the sr...... I wish I would have bought this in may instead of the sr and then graduated to the 450...... But with that being said I like the sr because it teaches you alot about cp cuz you crash it alot and have to rebuild!!!!!
Bigdog67 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by upankatz View Post
Besides being able to crash it over and over gain with little or no damage, you can also store it in your coat pocket......
If you can hide your transmitter in there as well, it would be perfect for going to the opera with your wife! LOL!

If you get bored, you can take the helicopter out and fly it in the theatre!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Addict View Post
If you can hide your transmitter in there as well, it would be perfect for going to the opera with your wife! LOL!

If you get bored, you can take the helicopter out and fly it in the theatre!
Probably the best thing for the opera is a self inflicted bullet wound....probably above the neck area...
upankatz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default mCP X IS FLYBARLESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmc114064 View Post
This may be a stupid question for those who are more experienced but how much better the Blade MCP X is compared to the Blade SR. I know the tail motor on the SR has a tail that can burn out rapidly but that is replacible.What else makes the MCP X more favorable.
I am surprised no one mentioned this differense.

It is HUGE advantage. Flybarless system means 3 gyros comparing to one no Blade SR.

mCP X is SMALLEST 3G heli.
- more power
- wind stability
- simple head construction
- less parts moving
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

and now brushless options!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Factory brushless options?
I wonder how long it will be before the next mcpx heli comes out; maybe it's worth waiting.
tbone77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2011, 12:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

No factory brushless for several months if ever, if I had to guess.
As far as waiting, IMHO:
-if your already an experienced 3G pilot that wants an mCPX to play with when you cant get to the big field, then maybe wait?

-If your new to heli's or are just learning, or want to sharpen your forward flight skills and start to dabble with 3g and simpler tricks, then the existing model will serve you well. No need to wait.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i can half piro flip my SR, my MCPX would blow out the tail if you looked at it the wrong way

for upright flying the mcp x flys better than my SR on a calm day. for 3D the SR is way better, get one of the brushless setups for your mcpx and its going to eat the SR

my MCPx had 2 crashes that cost 40 bucks each and a few crashes that did not cost a dime. but i do not feel it was durable. i hit throttle hold, crashed in my yard and and 2 expensive crashes on that little thing. if it were more durable i would have kept my MCPX

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

i've crashed my mcp-x HARD many times, especially in the beginning. Sometimes i really thought it exploded in to pieces.. i have well over 200 flights on it and the only things i have ever replaced because they were broken is a swashplate and a tailmotor.

Recently converted to bl and it's even more fun now! allthough i would not recommend a brushless mcpx to a beginner.
-kenny- is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I crashed my mcpx four times yesterday alone, no damage. Perfect CP learner heli, able to push limits without fear of breaking every time you look at it wrong.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

60+ flights, and just bought it this weekend! Lots of crashes.

Replaced 2 sets of blades, tail boom/motor, feathering shaft (tough to see the tiny screws)

About $35 or $1.70 per flight
baronluigi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in