Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2015, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vibrations & Flying Quality?

Just got in from my evening flail session. It seems that the Nano is harder to fly now, the when it was new. Occasionally it starts vibrating like crazy. Stop and start again and it gets a bit better but there is still a small bit of vibration. What I notice is that with this vibration it makes flying the Nano super difficult. It seems to be super sensitive to inputs and other than keeping it in small hovering movements. Any turns tend to send into wild gyrations. Mind you I am a newbie at CP but it seems that everything is moving backwards.

Any input would be appreciated. Starting to get frustrated.
firekat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2015, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Firstly, by 'flail' sessions, do you mean 3D flight, or 'crashy' flights? (nothing wrong with crashing). My first guess (as this is all I can do at the moment) is that you have a slight bend in the feathering spindle, or maybe it's too loose, or too tight. Other than that, it could be the all too familiar failure of the main motor. Possibly a nick in the tail motor wires, or even the tail motor itself. Take a look at the main gear at the bottom and see if there is any up or down movement there.

These are the issues that are familiar to me, check these things and report back. There are plenty of others on here who are more than willing to help. (and can probably help more than I can)

Also, read this forum as much as you can if you like your Nano. This little bird flies like a dream when everything is working in harmony.
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015, 08:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I am a newbie, so whatever "3D" is flown is unintentional! Yes, crashes.

I have some more feathering shafts, plural that is coming in. I also suspicion that the main shaft might be bent, and have a replacement in transit as well. I will also be replacing the main blades as they have been getting pretty bashed about.

I am just wondering if with too much vibration, does it make it more difficult to fly, because the electronics are being overloaded?

I feel like I was doing well for a while, steadily progressing in building my skills. Now it seems that everything I do now results in wild gyrations. Frustrating.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd take out the feathering shaft and check it. You can actually bend it back to reasonable strait shape. Check the main shaft for cracks: hold the head and twist the main gear. Excessive flex means it is toast. Those are the two "most likely" sources of vibes. 90% of the time it is the feathering shaft. Very easy to bend it but that also works in your favor - easy to bend it back
ToddMcF2002 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

More parts are inbound, maybe today/tomorrow. Have the original feathering shaft that did not bend until after a fair amount of flight abuse. Will give it the two needle nose pliers and roll on the edge of the table treatment, and hold it in reserve.

When doing previous work on the Nano, I think that there might be something wrong with the main shaft, as there appears to be a wobble in it. Hard to determine if it's the shaft or some other problem translating the vibration to the shaft or a combination of both.

Addendum:
Checked the main shaft for flex, should it barely move at all? Right now it seems that there is a lot of flex in it - but since this thing is so tiny could I just be twisting too hard? There just doesn't seem to be much resistance to torsional inputs.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It will have some flex. Watch for cracks as you twist. Also push down the main gear a bit to disengage the pinion and spin the shaft to make sure the bearings are smooth.

But I wouldn't change anything but the feathering shaft for starters.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

a very simple trick for straightening your feathering shaft is to place it on a piece of glass with the nut over the edge of glass, then getting a credit card and rolling over the shaft with a good bit of downward pressure, straightens the shaft in seconds. it'll give you a straight feathering shaft till your new ones arrive.
herrflick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015, 09:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Parts arrived today. Changed out the feathering shaft (slightly bent), main shaft (suspect - flexes more than the new one), blades (beat up).

Lubricated all bearings.

Waiting for Elmers to dry before taking it out again
Old 05-22-2015, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did a short test flight, it was still too gusty to fly. No vibration.

Was going to fly later in the evening if the winds calmed down, but I got "shaken up", literally.

4.1 earthquake with the epicenter just about right under the property!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yikes stay safe! And save the wine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in