Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #41 (permalink)

I use 22ga from battery to esc, 24ga from esc to board, 26ga cat5 wire on tail. Im sure there are many others that would work but this seems to work good for me.
new bee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #42 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

cool, was using 26 on tail already, but I hadn't done anything on board yet (that's to change soon, when I get $ on next check).

thx
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I used 26 Cat5e for the tail and the signal wire from ESC to board.

I used the stock battery lead from board to ESC

Then I made the new battery lead out of something I had lying aroun that is close to 18 or 20. (too thick IMHO) I'll be using 22 or 24 to do battery leads on any future builds.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #44 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnoutboy View Post
I used 26 Cat5e for the tail and the signal wire from ESC to board.

I used the stock battery lead from board to ESC

Then I made the new battery lead out of something I had lying aroun that is close to 18 or 20. (too thick IMHO) I'll be using 22 or 24 to do battery leads on any future builds.
cool, was actually gonna spring for a little more and get some red, black, and white for the build...........since I'm gonna get spools, if any of you guys need some, I'll shoot you wire for free if you gimme postage via paypal

S
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

Old 05-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, I just bought spools of red, white, black, green, and yellow in 22. That's the way to go. make sure what you get has a plyable insulation and thinnish individual wires stranded together. You want it to be flexible, not too stiff.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
cool, was actually gonna spring for a little more and get some red, black, and white for the build...........since I'm gonna get spools, if any of you guys need some, I'll shoot you wire for free if you gimme postage via paypal

S
Hey koi, have you received your new bird yet ?
Old 05-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
Hey koi, have you received your new bird yet ?

He mailed it out yesterday, hopefully here by Friday........looking forward to it!!!!!!!!

Old 05-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
He mailed it out yesterday, hopefully here by Friday........looking forward to it!!!!!!!!
Great man ! let me know when you get it and what it looks like in person.
Can't wait until you fly it. I want to see what your experience is with it before i start to build one.

Hey burnout, I may lean on you for some advice and help on my BL build when i get started !

Last edited by BigRHS; 05-31-2012 at 08:07 PM..
BigRHS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm here for ya man!

Old 05-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #50 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
I'm here for ya man!
BB, what iron did you use for your build? I have a weller that has the phono type tips, but it isnt very pinpoint. Great iron, but I cant find small tips for it.

update, been doing a bunch of practicing on an old msr board and on an old video card. I can handle the power leads, but my eyes arent good enough to do the signal wire to the main motor fet without a hell of a lot more practice.

I have a possible workaround question: Could I run the signal wire to the stock main motor plug (have seen a few bl mcpx done like this)? And if so, which pin on the plug is the one I would use?

Barring this, gonna give Dylan a shout.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll post a pic of this junk iron when I can. It'll prove the skill is in the hand, not the iron. A good iron makes it easy. A good mechanic can make it look easy with any iron.

Good looking and modest too LMAO.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #52 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Old 06-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'll post a pic of this junk iron when I can. It'll prove the skill is in the hand, not the iron. A good iron makes it easy. A good mechanic can make it look easy with any iron.

Good looking and modest too LMAO.
Aman burnout, and you do a good job from what I have seen of your work !
I do ok, but I don't think I am quite as good as you with a soldering iron.
But i may be better looking though.......lol
Old 06-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #54 (permalink)

koi-fish,

Against my better judgement...send the parts my way and I'll do it for you for free. That is, if you can get past the scary, anonymous online offer. LOL

Here's one I did for greyhoundfan:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/05/evo...ushless-mount/

Here's a double brushless mod I did on the mCPX for the same owner:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=22
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
koi-fish,

Against my better judgement...send the parts my way and I'll do it for you for free. That is, if you can get past the scary, anonymous online offer. LOL

Here's one I did for greyhoundfan:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/05/evo...ushless-mount/

Here's a double brushless mod I did on the mCPX for the same owner:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=22
He's already sent me $$ for return shipping and to order his battery lead. The damn USPS screwed him though and marked it undeliverable when he sent the parts to me. I think we're gonna give it another go. I offered to do the whole thing for him for the same price I gave him to do the connections to the 3 in 1 but he want's to do part of it himself. I can totally respect that!

YAY for learning!

Old 06-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #56 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
He's already sent me $$ for return shipping and to order his battery lead. The damn USPS screwed him though and marked it undeliverable when he sent the parts to me. I think we're gonna give it another go. I offered to do the whole thing for him for the same price I gave him to do the connections to the 3 in 1 but he want's to do part of it himself. I can totally respect that!

YAY for learning!
This, I'm gonna attempt it first (including the main board) before I cry uncle, then try again on another board after I get BB to do it if that happens. I can't learn if I don't try.

A couple of days ago, I did a led light kit on my MSR as practice (see the Mesquito lights thread). Was able to desolder leds for longer leads, and do the entire harness without killing anything. Am gonna get a more pinpoint soldering tip though.

I can't advance in the hobby if I dont try it.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #57 (permalink)

That's the spirit for sure. Same values I hold. Gotta give it a go yourself. At least you know where to look for help. That's usually the hard part...finding help when you are in too deep.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #58 (permalink)

I know when I had that black wired hooked up incorrectly, it had my head scratching on what I may have done wrong. Then I wonder if I fried something. Or was it the order of hookup. Then I questioned if the 5in1 had to be hooked up too. Or if the brushless motor needed to be hooked up. Many question. Hard to find the answer at 2AM in the morning. LOL

In light of this thread, I summarized the minimum needed to flash the ESC with BLHeli code over at my blog. Hopefully it will aid those with the same questions in the future.

Take a peek:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/06/blheli-flashing-setup/
Old 06-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #59 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Default yay!

BB just told me that the package arrived at his house

USPS must be having problems with their tracking. I sold an SR the other day on FeeBay, and it didnt even get entered in tracking at all, but I got an email from the buyer stating he'd gotten it.

I saw Dylwad was having issues with their tracking too in another thread as well

Old 06-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the tip I will NOT be using anymore thatI did mine with LOL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in