Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 500/570

SAB Goblin 500/570 SAB Heli Division - Goblin 500/570 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here's my tip of the day...

For fixing cracked canopies...
For helping to stop canopies from cracking in the first place...

What I do is I coat the inside edge all around the top, about an inch or so in, with "welder" contact cement..

This is the same stuff foamie guys use to form hinges on two piece control services....this stuff goes on thin and fills the gap to create the hinge..

thats how flexable this stuff is...it goes on clear and when it's dry it's tack free and you can't really even tell it there

I just run a small bead then smooth it out with my finger ......ti doesn't need to be thick to work....

You can even do that to existing crack...just coat the backside over the crack..rub it smooth and let it set up...

you can find it on ebay for about 10 bucks for the double tube pack if your hardware store doesn't carry it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51dgEjew7OL.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	470948  
PTFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bottom line! Helidirect is a distributor of SAB. Helidirect also carries the HeliWow canopies under PF. So why is someone from SAB on here bitching when their own distributor is selling these canopies for the Goblin helicopters? Maybe SAB should of not allowed Helidirect to sale these canopies to begin with or facilitate competition for Canomod!!!! (SAB, tell that to the judge when you try to argue your case!)

The end user, who buys SAB's product and it is now that person's property to do WHATEVER they want with it, including putting WHATEVER canopy they want on it, has the right to buy products from WHOMEVER they want for their needs.
blkrvn1993 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here here! Well said buddy!
NevErSn0w is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's all screwy! I am surprised ThunderTiger is still in business. The only thing I can think of is that their CEO's are all attorneys. They would sue anyone that made a bolt. I guess that would make sense, Make more money on suing than helis at the time.

Today's times are different. I think SAB is just trying to make a stand, but at the wrong guys. If they made a tail that was 100% the same they could have a argument, but once they put just two holes in for mounting, once they painted it a different color. It's no longer the same product. You also have to put in the % of the design. I am sure LynX and KDE are not paying any royalty's and they are making parts for the Goblin.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
It's all screwy! I am surprised ThunderTiger is still in business. The only thing I can think of is that their CEO's are all attorneys. They would sue anyone that made a bolt. I guess that would make sense, Make more money on suing than helis at the time.

Today's times are different. I think SAB is just trying to make a stand, but at the wrong guys. If they made a tail that was 100% the same they could have a argument, but once they put just two holes in for mounting, once they painted it a different color. It's no longer the same product. You also have to put in the % of the design. I am sure LynX and KDE are not paying any royalty's and they are making parts for the Goblin.
You are drawing a different parallel when you mention LynX and KDE. They aren't offering parts/upgrades on a part that SAB or other heli companies own a patent on.
I'm not arguing patents here. The fact is that when something is patented, it is not supposed to be reproduced without licensing/permission from the patent holder. It doesn't matter if it's a tail boom, a coffee cup or a screw… It's patent law whether you agree with it or not.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmit View Post
The fact is that when something is patented, it is not supposed to be reproduced without licensing/permission from the patent holder.

My larger point is that they did indeed make a change from the original patent. Now rather it is change large enough to keep a Judge from ruling? Also taking in to account that SAB isn't making the part. So even if the Judge finds in favor of SAB they are only entitled to the % they get from Canomod. Third is they would need China to comply. I think it would be too small of a case for what ever court to proceed.

I also have to wonder if it is just Patent pending? It usually take several years to get through the process and if they had a Patent on lets say the 700 it would most likely need to be re-submitted for the 500. (back to if you make any-changes) If it is just shape, usually your patent would be rejected.

Just looked at the SAB sight and it says patent application which would be the same a patent pending.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

And I do believe that the patent is for a CF boom???.....shrug...

Not sure if it makes a difference or not but heliwow is not in china but in Vietnam.

and what about toucanopy.com or is it just the tail boom that has them all it a tizzy?
Old 12-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe they're only really concerned about the tail boom design, the material doesn't change whether or not patent laws are being broken. If this part was easily duplicable, then Goblin clones would be possible.
- Spektrum DX7
SeanM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well if they are Vietnam that could be a problem, but only after and if the patent go's through. By that time they may not even be in business anymore lol!
Old 12-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like a G500 canopy that looks like the new completion series Canopy the one with red through it can I purchase one anywhere? Does anyone make them? How much?

Lee2782 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee2782 View Post
I would like a G500 canopy that looks like the new completion series Canopy the one with red through it can I purchase one anywhere? Does anyone make them? How much?
You can custom order any paint scheme on a Goblin canopy.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gcf1.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	472677  
Old 12-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK...I fit the canopy and boom....

the boom went on without a hitch...after I epoxied the nuts to the metal inside channel piece... and used double sided tape to hold it in place....much like the nuts for the tail case....

the canopy was a bit tight for my liking and rubbed by the front frame bolts ....a little stuffing and a hairdryer fixed that enough.....

There was also a bit of rubbing on the left aileron servo frame...but not enough for me to worry about .....and the back over the tail boom's gap was quite wide....so some rubber bands and the hairdyer in that area made it alot better...

All in all I give the set about the same grades as I would a canomod canopy ...but at least I got a unique set and a bit cheaper....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	g502.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	474694   Click image for larger version

Name:	g503.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	474695   Click image for larger version

Name:	g504.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	474696  
Old 12-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks very nice!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like to be able to buy blank canopies and booms from SAB or Canomod and have them painted by a shop of my choice. I have some design ideas I want to try out.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Rotation View Post
I would like to be able to buy blank canopies and booms from SAB or Canomod and have them painted by a shop of my choice. I have some design ideas I want to try out.
You might want to contact canomod. I seem to remember that you can at least get an unpainted canopy. I'm not sure about the boom.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm enjoying this thread
Old 12-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #58 (permalink)
ady
Registered Users

otto rotation , is this any help ? http://www.flying-hobby.com/toucanop...y-p-12150.html
ady is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady View Post
What's this? A canopy for my girlfriend?

Quote:
Included:
1x GF Unpaint white canopy
Old 01-15-2014, 09:00 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
What's this? A canopy for my girlfriend?
GF is stand for Glass-Fiber
ddhuans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in