Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got the same behavior on a AR6100 (firmware release 1.6).
jaron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 08:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ummm... has it occurred to anyone how difficult it would be for the processor in the RX to "know" how long it had been powered OFF? If you think about it, unless there is special hardware, it is impossible.

So, and I'm guessing here, but I'm willing to bet from the behavior described, that an RX always looks at the two channels it was using "last time", regardless of how long its been off... and if it immediately finds the correct GUID on those same channels, it "fast reconnects" and blinks. If not, it goes through a full search and doesn't blink.

Newer RXs may have some "power off time hardware", (or they may not!), but we can be fairly certain this hardware is not in the original design... so any "fast reconnect" firmware for the original RXs (probably) has to work like I described above. It certainly can't be based on the number of seconds without power... because it can't know that.
Danal Estes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I noticed that after the firmware upgrade the motor spools up when the battery is connected to ESC in my T-Rex 450 and the Tx is left switched off . It is dangerous !!! Is anyone else having the same experience, or maybe I am doing something wrong?? The throttle stick was at 0 when binding.
mmarian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You may not have your ESC programed right. What kind is it?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jazz 40-6-18 in governor mode. But the NORM throttle curve I am using is 0 -70-70-70-70. So, when binding the stick sits at 0
Old 05-14-2008, 04:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try reprograming your jazz to normal mode then back into heli mode. It may just need re calibrating.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, will try that
Old 05-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Why are you plugging in your ESC with the radio off...? YES, that is dangerous! NEVER plug in your ESC with your radio off
Kasama Srimok - 8717HV's, 8900G, AR7100R, Spartan, YS 91SR, Hatori SB19
huskynox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2008, 01:06 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did it accidentally not knowing that my Tx was switched off and was shocked to see the motor to spool up. Too much ofa preflight excitement, I guess. The bottom line is that I sorted that out. Now it does not happen, as it shouldn't in the first place. It was, and I am glad to see that it still is after firmware upgrade, a safty feature. When RF signal is lost (or non existent during power up) the motor does not spool up or the power cuts off immediatelly in case of out of range or other signal failure. And that is the way it should be, IMHO. I had to reset and reprogram the Jazz ESC and than repeat the binding procedure. Now it is all back to normal. Thanks everyone for reply.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok what i am wondering is why are you all NOT turning off your radio between flights? if i accidently leave my radio on after a flight and then try to plug up my heli the rx will always flash. so after every flight i always turn my radio off so that everythign will boot properly when flying another heli or even the same heli for that matter.
justin keaton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in