Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How is this battery for the Blade CP?

I have a Blade CP I got in trade like 6 months ago and never flew the darn thing because I needed a battery. Been messing around with the mSR instead.

So, now that these are back in stock, I just want to verify that this is a good choice for my Blade CP with aerobatics kit. It came with the kit installed so I assume it has the upgraded motor and all.

No issues with size or the connector? Just plug and fly?

Excuse the dust in the pics, it's been on top of my desk for months haha

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=16678

Since shipping is the same, would you recommend getting 3 of these things instead of 2?

I have this charger.

I've never flown a collective pitch helicopter (RC at least) so I hope I don't wreck this thing haha

Last edited by Sonic04GT; 03-10-2012 at 06:12 PM..
Sonic04GT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What you have is the original CP. With a 4n1 untit, rx, gyro and 2 esc's. It also has the the original head, non bell hiller and a geared tail. This was the one I started with. Although you should have no problem using the battery, the heli will be very difficult to fly. It's rx and tx us crystals that vibrate at a certian fequency to work together. You will spend a small fourtune upgrading this heli to fly well and your $$ would be better spent on a newer model. I don't want to rain on your parade, just supplying the facts. If you do end up getting this heli to fly right, you will be able to fly anything. If you want extra parts, I have some you can have for free.......and you are going to need them.......J
Old 03-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

How much do you think I would be able to get for this if I sold it and bought something newer? I appreciate the insight.

I have a spare main shaft/gear and that's about it haha
Old 03-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I learned on the original Blade CP and still fly it around, its stock except for the battery and heat sinks.

It was costly i went through a lot of blades, flybars and feathering shafts. oh and a few tail rotors. basically the arts that come in the crash kit.

after many many years i have it dialed in pretty well and i am able to hover it in a small room.

That battery will work fine. just watch your flight times.

I'm not sure if its the picture but your main gear looks like the teeth are abit damaged. could just be the picture.

I'm not sure what it would be worth to sell. I've thought of buying another one as a source of parts because i still do fly mine but not really sure what i would pay. I have seen a few cp pros forsale around $120.

good luck like said above if you cna figure it out you can hover almost anything
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic04GT View Post
I have a Blade CP I got in trade like 6 months ago and .....
I've never flown a collective pitch helicopter (RC at least) so I hope I don't wreck this thing haha
This is nothing against you or your piloting abilities. The odds are you will wreck it, and you will need lots of spare parts if you learning CP with this alone.
At least fabricate some training gear to give yourself a chance of a few hovers before the inevitable.
This will act nothing like the mSR.

This being said, it is my understanding that folks in the past have learned how to fly CP without crashing, but the approach was extremely methodical, and progress was also slow. It involved lots of simulator time, lots of flights with training gear, buddy boxing, heli's that were set up perfectly, inherently very stable and relatively easy to fly.

Google RADDS school of flight for the best tips on learning to fly CP helis.

In my opinion, the most cost effective way to learn CP today:
a. simulator +
b. mCPX

The thing is, you own the CP now. Go ahead and fly it. Be aware of the costs that your putting into the heli for repairs etc. If you think its going to get to be over $100 or so, then look into an mCPX instead.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Learning to fly a heli is not easy. Learning to fly an old CP is very hard. I had boxes of broken parts. Since the time the CP came out, there are several other training type heli's that are much eaier to fly and much more crash worthy. One of the many problems with the old CP was it was fragile. The tail rotor is very big because it uses a small tail motor that is geared. I would often have a good flight, only to touch the tail rotor on the ground while landing.......resulting in the chicken dance and many broken parts. So my suggestion is to gage how serious you are about this hobby and go from there. If you are really serious and want to learn, buy a easier to fly heli that can be bound to a good tx. If you just want to goof around....you will have a very short flight ending in many hours of repair. So get a simulator and fly that. They are a blast to fly and the crashes are free........J
Old 03-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the responses guys. I have a set of the landing gear with ping pong balls on the end. I'm wondering if I should even try to fly this thing after hearing all the comments in here haha Definitely don't want to dump a bunch of money into this thing. Just want something twice as big as the mSR that I can mess around with.

I can fly the mSR pretty well and I'm a student helicopter pilot so I understand all of the inputs /effects/etc. I'm sure going from FP to an actual CP heli will be an odd change though.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

So do you guys think the Blade 120SR would be a good upgrade? I love my little mSR and as mentioned above I'm still debating whether I want to keep this CP or just pass it on and get something new, as in brand new.

The 120SR looks neat, but if I'm going to step up from the mSR, should I go collective pitch?

Can you autorotate most RC's? I was playing around with it on a simulator at the hobby shop and thought it was really awesome autorotating an RC safely to the ground, as I actually fly helicopters and the autorotation is definitely a skill, one I'm trying to master myself.

I don't have the time to get TOO serious into the hobby, but I do enjoy working on them. Just don't want to dump a bunch of money into broken parts.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Autos are better on bigger birds. Smaller ones do not auto well. Lack of mass or someting. But I have seen vids of Finless and others do it with a t-rex 250.

CP would be a good way to go if you are becoming a real heli pilot. A heli pilot in my town use to fly RC heli's. He gave it up after he got his full heli license. He was leasing a 6 seater jet copter to start a business. But it never took off.....
(yes that was a pun)

I say get a MCPX. Cheep CP heli.Cheap to crash too. But it won't auto. Would it not serve you better to invest in a real heli sim and auto in that though?
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in